Search Unity

Game uploaded to google play, worked before, but now it crashes at startup...

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by scabbyoldbat, Apr 20, 2021.

1. scabbyoldbat

scabbyoldbat

Hi, I recently uploaded my first game (Spaaace) to google play, at first everything worked just fine. Then I tried to put in a rewarded ad, this worked perfectly while testing, I could build it without any problems and I could run the game on my phone and view the ads. However my friends said they couldn't play anymore, the game crashed immediatly on startup.
    I searched online to try and get it working again (ID's are entered correctly, ad service is on, ID in androidmanifest is correct, android resolver succeeds,...) but now even I can't run the game anymore, it still crashes on startup.
    I think it has something to do with the initialisation of the ads at app launch, but I can't find what.

I tried to strip everything ad related out and make another release, but the game keeps crashing on launch.
    Is there something I'm missing? I took out the scripts that relate to the ads, I adjusted the button that normally launches the add so that it now just shows a text panel, I disabled the services. Anything else I can try? I'm almost thinking of starting a new project and copying over all the scripts, scenes, assets,.... to get a "clean" start...

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

3. scabbyoldbat

scabbyoldbat

thanks for the reply, I didn't know where to find those logs. I managed to get teh game running again. Turns out it was still trying to initialize ads somewhere.