Search Unity

Bug Game takes forever to start (possible bug?)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by micahxavier2018, Jun 2, 2023.

1. micahxavier2018

micahxavier2018

I've developed a UWP game but there is a problem. It takes like 20 seconds for the splash screen to appear. It used to be instant. I decided to do a normal Standalone build for windows 64 and the splash loads instantly. What could be the problem? I already tried making the first scene super basic. I don't want to do asset bundles or addressables (would take too long). Do I need to change something in VS or unity? The compiled game is only around 400mb. Also I just upgraded from unity 2021 to the recommended 2022 version in an attempt to fix it but no such luck. Please help. Thanks.

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Are you running the game through Visual Studio? If your debugger is configured to load all symbols on startup, that would freeze the game until it does so. Try running it through the start menu instead.

If that's not it, which configuration (debug/release/master) is this reproducible in?

3. micahxavier2018

micahxavier2018

Nope, used publish button to prepare a package for Ms store, installed myself. Master

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

5. micahxavier2018

micahxavier2018

I'll do it as soon as I can. I'm not home right now but I will be in an hour or two.

6. micahxavier2018

micahxavier2018

My apologies, I won't be able to reply until tomorrow or Sunday, possibly later.

7. micahxavier2018

micahxavier2018

Ok, So I went home after not using my computer for a day, and now it suddenly works as intended. I have no clue why. I don't think it's normal pc lag, because everything else loaded at a normal pace. I guess it was just a weird pc issue. I had also already tried restarting it when the issue rose originally. It's so weird. Perhaps Unity player could have some weird y2k like bug with that day where it acted up, i truly have no idea.

8. micahxavier2018

micahxavier2018

nvm guys i figured it out. its a windows 11 bug, caused when you set the uwp app to not be allowed to run in background. interesting.