Search Unity

game suggestions

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by unity_Dqe0kzEizyPb8Q, Jan 21, 2019.

1. unity_Dqe0kzEizyPb8Q

unity_Dqe0kzEizyPb8Q

- a voice chat
    - battle royale (is it possible?)
    - singleplayer

these are only suggestions and i want to ask if its possible to add these things?

2. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

Its all possible :)

Single Player is something you should not expect from the FPS Example, its goal is multiplayer. You can however, definitely modify the example to run single player, but most all the code is multiplayer. It would be easier to start a single player project from scratch IMHO... Registeries and network updates are NOT a single player concern, but will be in your face constantly if you try to use this as single player game.

Battle Royal is just placing 100+ people in a level, and not letting them re-spawn. They have a match making button in the menu, so I assume this is on route... you would need to host all the servers, but the simple que system hopefully they can toss at us, at this Indy level.

Voice Chat you could most likely purchase on the store and get in. Or roll your own, they hopefully will include it. But I have not seen ANY reference to including voice chat so far, from the fps team.

But here is the key bit, that may help transform you as a developer.

Has it been done before? In another game? If so, how many other games? If the answers are yes, yes yes... lots.

Then, It is not ground-breaking, it is normal, and just needs to be put into the game.
    You CAN DO IT, or wait for them to. But it inst ground-breaking PHD level science to do anything you are talking about, it just has to be done.

Meaning, if it was PHD level (aka, you need to create something unique and not yet seen in your field), then it would take considerable time to developed because you have nothing to copy. Single player, VOIP, BR, all have plenty to copy from.

Cheers, ahh fk its 10am, guess I need to get back to game devin :D
    Micah