Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Game stack after click "begin button" only on Samsung S8

Discussion in 'Android' started by ferlomo, Aug 16, 2018.

1. ferlomo

ferlomo

Hi all:

I have programmed a little game which works in 3 devices (Thor, Samsung S7 and Sony). When I try to play in my Samsung S8, it stacks after clickin "start" on the menu. Game is loaded normally and stack on pressing "start". I have built it in with the "development" and "script debugging option" on. After on a terminal execute:

adb logcat -s Unity and this is the result:

Any help will be appreciated
    Thanks in advance

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I'm not seeing any error in the logs. What do you mean be "stacks"? And is the Start button a UI button in your app that you are referring to? I would recommend placing liberal Debug.Log statements in your code, and/or do live debugging from Visual Studio, to attempt to find where it crashes (if that is what you mean). Are your S7 and S8 running the same Android version?

3. ferlomo

ferlomo

Sorry for my english. What I tried to say with "stack" is that it stays in an unresponsive black screen. My S7 runs Android 7.0 while the S8 runs Android 8.0. When doing a live debugging from Visual Studio or Monodevelop (running Fedora 28) attaching debugger to the unity editor it does not show any problem. Furthermore, when game is playing form the editor through the unity remote app in the S8, works without problem.

So problem appears only after building the game and installing in the device. The only way I know to debug while playing in the device is through adb, is this correct??

I think this could be related to the android sdk version since after upgrading it, it does not work in any device

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  4. Evaldas_Unity

Evaldas_Unity

Unity Technologies

Could you run the logs in Development mode and with no filtering(-s Unity no needed).
    The crash could be on native side and not show up when filtered.

5. ferlomo

ferlomo

Well, the adb logcat with no filtering show this crash:

6. Evaldas_Unity

Evaldas_Unity

Unity Technologies

7. ferlomo

ferlomo

I am on 2018.2.3f1

8. ferlomo

ferlomo

Delete all particles system and problem is still there

9. ferlomo

ferlomo

You are right. I had a package called simple explosion which was causing the problem. Thanks for your help