Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Game showing Ads to refill lives. But what if no ads to show?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads' started by kreso, Jun 2, 2015.

1. kreso

kreso

Hey guys,

I just published my game on Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rebubbled.mobile) and people seem happy! :)

The way I implemented UnityAds is that when you lose lives you watch a reward ad to refill.
    Or wait 1 hour to get a refill.

Now I started getting emails from people who have no ads to show (due to fill rate, country, etc).

My question to you is - do you have any creative ideas how to help these players play the game?

Ideally, I would want to give users 'reward' in case there is no ads to show but I can't know that. Can I?

I currently can't implement any form of purchasing in Google Play because my country doesn't support Mechant account.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  2. Ostwind

Ostwind

Implement another ad networks and jump between them or use as backup

kreso likes this.
  3. kreso

kreso

Thanks for your answer Ostwind!

Would you please share which network has unity-compatible reward video ads?
    Or something similar?

Thank you!
    Kreso

4. Ostwind

Ostwind

Charboost

kreso likes this.
  5. DalerHakimov

DalerHakimov

It's also a good idea to have a backup ads provider, as mentioned above Charboost, I would also name Tapjoy. They have video ads, and basically it's similar to Unityads.

EDIT: oops.. deprecated..

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    kreso likes this.
  6. kreso

kreso

Thanks Ostwind, I checked chartboost they seem very easy to implement so I will check it out for sure.

And thanks for the tip DalerHakimov, I will implement the charts just for the sake of having a backup (now that you say it, it makes perfect sense).

unityunity