Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Game runs fine in release but crashes in the editor

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by Imakhiil, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Imakhiil

Imakhiil

As in the title. It happens somewhere after Awake and before Start when a certain scene is loaded. I'm not exactly sure how to debug it - the editor crashes silently and with no trace of an error in the log - but I think it may be a bug in the editor (after all, it runs fine after building). Assuming it hasn't been reported before, how does one file a bug report? I'm using Unity 2019.2.0a7.

2. id0

id0

I have a opposite situation. Game runs fine in editor but crush in build after splash screen.

3. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Please submit a bug-report, with a project/example to reproduce the crash, as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

Please post the bug-report Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

4. Imakhiil

Imakhiil

Thanks, I'll try to find a smallest possible example that reproduces this crash. Question, though, if I upload the project itself, will it be available publically or just to Unity employees?

5. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If you use the Unity Bug-Reporter tool as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

... then it's only visible to Unity staff.

LeonhardP likes this.
  6. Imakhiil

Imakhiil

Thanks, Peter

Case number is 1137077

Peter77 likes this.