Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.2 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Game resolution resets to native monitor resolution when game becomes unresponsive

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by FredTuna, Nov 27, 2020.

1. FredTuna

FredTuna

Whenever my game running in a standalone build becomes unresponsive, the game's resolution resets to the monitor's native resolution. This is using Fullscreen Windowed mode.

So for example, I will change the resolution of the game to 1920x1080 on my 4k monitor. Load a game which takes several seconds during which the game briefly becomes unresponsive and the game automatically switches to 4k. This also happens if I hit a break point for several seconds and then resume playing.

I'm having to force the game resolution to the player's saved resolution in every case where I know it is possible for the game to become unresponsive (like reloading a scene). But this is very much a hack I would like to avoid.

Is this an issue others have encountered and if so, how can I deal with this?

Thank you!

unityunity