Search Unity

Game Rejected - Need Help! - Black Textures on Z10 10.2 STL100-1

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by dberroa, Nov 6, 2013.

1. dberroa

dberroa

Solved: The issue was that I submitted a ATC texture build for all Z10 devices when the 100-1 device needs PVR. I created two bar files and submitted it like in the Blackberry Unity documentation and it worked.

I submitted my game to the blackberry store to get it approved in time for the contest on Nov. 20th and just received a rejection today. The rejection is as follows:

"I am testing your app on the BlackBerry Z10 (10.2.0.1743 and model STL 100-1). When I start play the games the fish image just shown black."

$image006.jpg

$image007.jpg

And this is how it is supposed to look:

$IMG_00000049.png

When I test it on my device I seem to have no problem. I am using a Z10 STL 100-3 (US version) on 10.1. The 003 z10 isn't getting the 10.2 update for awhile so I won't be able to wait to upgrade my phone to test to make the due date of approved by Nov. 20th.

Looking around on google for textures being black I found that in Unity 4.2 it seems some people using render texture has this issue. I am using the Unity Pro water, which uses render texture to get reflections so I'm wondering if this is it.

Does anyone know why all my objects are appearing black?

Does anyone have a STL100-1 z10 with 10.2 that I can send bar files to to have them run it real fast to check for me? I'm under a time constraint and don't really have a way to test this as everything I try on my end is working.

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

What shader are you using on the fish? (Are you using a shader?)

3. dberroa

dberroa

I'm using the toony colors pro one directional light outline shader for the kinda cell shaded look.

I believe the issue was I did ATC compression and the other device needed PVR. I sent my bar to Zebra on this forum and on his 100-1, the ATC one I submitted showed black, yet the one where I didn't override worked.

I also sent it to Erik as well, and he mentioned the same thing.

I submitted new versions to the store and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

4. PuneetK

PuneetK

Seems your game Shark Feast free did get accepted :)
    I'll give it a download soon! Congrats :)

5. dberroa

dberroa

Thanks!

It's funny that you found out it was approved before me lol, are you psychic!?

6. PuneetK

PuneetK

No dude, I was just browsing app world after reading your post and happened to see it :p

By the way, do check your unity forums message inbox, have sent you a mail!