Search Unity

Game rejected by Apple due to iOS data Storage issue

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by robotmechanic, Feb 19, 2013.

1. robotmechanic

robotmechanic

So after waiting a week for Apple to review my Unity iOS game, I got rejected for the following reason.

"We found that your app does not follow the iOS Data Storage Guidelines, which is required per the App Store Review Guidelines. In particular, we found that on launch and/or content download, your app stores 2.87 MB... "

What I need to know is what is causing this and how to fix it.

From what I understand, Apple's iCloud service wants to backup all user data for installed apps and I am apparently over my limit (2mb?) somehow. I always thought PlayerPrefs was a wrapper for NSUserDefaults and game data was safely stored there.

I use PlayerPrefs to save game data (about 15 string data), Prime31's Social and Storekit plug-ins but thats about it. I don't think I am doing anything too fancy. I thought perhaps taking a screenshot for Twitter posts could be it but the file size is about 200kb on the console so something is taking up more space somewhere.

I looked around and found that Unity 3.5 included a iPhone.SetNoBackupFlag (pathtofile) method but the Unity documentation for how to use it is thin. If I use iPhone.SetNoBackupFlag("/Documents/appName.txt"), will that be the new location of PlayerPrefs?

Am I even on the right track? lol

Any insight or tips would be much appreciated. Thank you. ;)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  2. Alexey

Alexey

Unity Technologies

iPhone.SetNoBackupFlag is implemented like that
    so it just tells ios to not backup to icloud this file.

As for your problem - you should search for files in question ;-) and maybe apply no-backup to them

3. robotmechanic

robotmechanic

Alexey,

Thank you for responding. I figured it out.

4. kenlem

kenlem

So what was the issue and resolution?

5. huxley

huxley

+1

Got this rejection from apple as well, would love to know where these files are found.

6. OceanBlue

OceanBlue

+1 more I use the same plug-ins so would like to know if it's related to them or not.