Search Unity

Game publishing platforms and online store fronts.

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by webgovernor, Feb 11, 2013.

1. webgovernor

webgovernor

Hello everyone!

First, I'd like to apologize if this isn't the correct forum to post this in; it seemed the most applicable.

Anyway, I'm aware of several publishing platforms / store fronts. Unfortunately, I'm looking for something easier to integrate with (making API calls via HTTP POST would be awesome! Using something complicated like the Steam SDK is not awesome in my opinion).

Here are a few platforms that I'm aware of:

Steam: Good - has achievements, many users. Bad - Painful integration, subject to being greenlit.
    Gameolith: Good - doesn't require app install. Bad - No achievements. API not publicly documented.
    Indievania: Good - doesn't require app install. Bad - No achievements, and you have to package the game yourself as I understand it. Don't know anything about the API.
    Desura: Good - seems to have a large userbase. Bad - I know very little about it, other than it requires a desktop application install to manage purchased games.

Anyway, my question to the community: Is there an existing publishing platform that has an HTTP API, achievements, license management (with minimal or optional DRM), Linux support, and packages the install files for you?

If not, do you think this would be something of value for the Unity3D community?

Thanks for your time,

Aaron