Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Game prop meta information

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by TCemAlpaydin, Feb 12, 2023.

1. TCemAlpaydin

TCemAlpaydin

I am looking for a way to add detailed meta data on my product and game props, and have those builtin inside the project. That is not as a component on game objects.

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Could you give some more info?
    This sounds like you could use scriptable objects maybe, but you still need a component to attatch it or a manager to manage the items

3. TCemAlpaydin

TCemAlpaydin

I mean to add in depth details and descriptions on the props I use, obviously not the entire story, maybe add some input on the design choices for instance. I would have it to work like inscript comments.
    I also use my own custom classes for game meta data, it would be nice to have those built in along with company name and title.

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

If it doesn't show up in builds you could put the scripts in an Editor folder.
    You can also put gameobjects on EditorOnly to exclude them from builds

5. TCemAlpaydin

TCemAlpaydin

I am actually after having the build carry the information I choose, not to be used directly. I am working with comments as it is, just figured it would give me a more solid base to work with.

6. EricDziurzynski

EricDziurzynski

Unity Technologies

@TCemAlpaydin , we've had similar feature requests for this in the past so I will be adding your specific comments to the backlog. We don't currently have any plans to develop this particular feature but your comments will help us prioritize this in the future.