Search Unity

Game programming

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by DestLuck, Apr 12, 2020.

1. DestLuck

DestLuck

Alright im just starting to get into game creation.

I know the basic of C++ but nothing about rpg creation. I will be using Unity as a game engine and was wondering if i can start my game creation with the world. So ground, mountains, towns and all.

And then start working on the stuff like adding a player and then keep adding like inventory and such?

Sorry i really have no clue. Im going for a very simple 2d isometric rpg game with only a small maps and maybe 1 quest so i can learn and aventually i will keep building it bigger and bigger.

Not sure if anyone knows about good tutorials for unity and 2d iso game building.

Thx in advance

2. elliotfriesen

elliotfriesen

Great youtubers for basic unity tutorials are brackeys and you can find many tutorials on 2d games from other youtubers like blackthornprod

3. DestLuck

DestLuck

Ok sounds good ill check that out. But the main question was can you start by building the game level(world) before starting to code anything.

Can i start off at the very start with building a small town and a small forest with 1 road.

What im looking to know is if i build the world first will i be stuck when i want to start adding a player or so.

4. elliotfriesen

elliotfriesen

Yea you can build a level before writing any code and then add the player later on

5. DestLuck

DestLuck

Perfect tyvm

6. DestLuck

DestLuck

So i had a look on internet and cant seem to find a tutorial that builds a 2d iso RPG game from the ground up. Anyone able to help me find out.

Thx