Search Unity

Game preview just shows a blue screen

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Acerthorn, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Acerthorn

Acerthorn

I'm trying to use this playlist ...
    ... to figure out how to make games.

I've added an asteroid hovering over the ground, rather than a beachball. I've went ahead and added the default ridgebody 2 physics to the asteroid.

However, when I click play, like at 1:23 of that video above, it just takes me to a solid blue screen, like so:

https://i.postimg.cc/Gmzz1H8P/A.png

As you can see from that screenshot, I have a camera in the scene. It's positioned at 0x 0y, so it should get a clear view of the asteroid falling through the ground (since I haven't programmed collision yet). But I just get a blue screen instead.

What gives?

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Go into scene view with the camera object selected. It will show a representation of what should be within view of that camera. Make sure whatever you are trying to see with the camera, the camera is actually looking at.

afrias90 likes this.
  3. unity_CAC5AD90D4303F3AD30C

unity_CAC5AD90D4303F3AD30C

the same thing happened to me with the blue screen

4. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Were you able to solve it?

5. rizwanrn

rizwanrn

I know i am late but with solution here... :D:D
    i like to write solution people like me will not struggle...

Just Move your camera in Z-axis position, it could be too far from object or it is behind the object, you can also check it by 3D mode the check the object position and change it in positive and negative values...

happy Developing :p
    github rizwanrn

6. Ahmet1338

Ahmet1338

Thank you so much man :) That works.

7. afrias90

afrias90

Thank you rizwarn!
    If you have the camera following you character with script i added in the following example in the a CameraController:

transform.position = new Vector3(target.position.x, target.position.y, target.position.z - 10)

8. KareemAnabtawi

KareemAnabtawi

I do want to highlight over what was said, this was the solution for my case by moving the z-axis. If it does not work for anyone else try moving the near value on the camera, for me near at 0 worked fine and the content appeared again.