Search Unity

[Game][PC] Radya:Visions from the past [FREE]

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by marcoscuroX, Jan 8, 2018.

1. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

Hello people!!

Description:
    "Radya:Visions from the past" is a melee action rpg game where you are going to play as Galak, a treasure hunter who collects relics for collectors and merchants.
    The game has different missions in which Galak will have to find a relic to gain experience and money.

Story:
    Once upon the time there was an ancient civilization. After some strange events this cvilization desapeared, leaving behind it´s wolderful treasures and relics.

Thousands of years after, Galak becomes a treasure hunter and starts to collect the ancient relics for collectors and wonderers. In each mision he will figth against bandits. But this is not the only threat... Traps and other dangers lurk in the temples that he will enter.

Features:
    +Third person camera
    +Real time Combat system
    +Platform system
    +You can take weapons from the fallen enemies.
    +Stealth
    +more than 14 differente magic spells.
    +The weapons have different propieties that may affect the combat: lenght, damage and state (the can broke leaving a useless sword that can not be repeared).
    +Finantial system that allows you buy new spells, weapons and other objects.
    +6 different objects: Explotion bomb, smoke bomb, poissonous bomb, daggers...
    +Character upgrading in wich you will be able to increase damage, life, spell casting...

Development:
    This project started it´s development some years ago, but is was not until now when I had something to show.

For now, it only has one mission that works as a tutorial. But, the idea is to create updates with which I can improve the game and increase it´s content.

YOU CAN HELP to the development of this projec througth the patreon!!!!!!!!
    https://www.patreon.com/marcoindie

DOWNLOAD
    It´s completely free:
    https://marco-antonio.itch.io/radya-visions-from-the-past
    Once you have installed it you have to start it as an administrator!!!

ImagenPromoLowRess.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    U7Games likes this.
  2. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

NEW UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE 1.1 of "Radya: Vision from the past"

https://marco-antonio.itch.io/radya-visions-from-the-past

Download "setup_Radya_Update1.exe" and install it in the same folder as the base game.

This new update includes:
    +NEW MISSION "Dirtma´s Gem"
    +3 NEW SWORDS
    +Reduced the difficulty from certain sections of the tutorial
    +Removed some bugs and problems

Mision1 01.02.2018 - 20.20.33.02.png NEW (1).jpg NEW (2).jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  3. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

NEW VIDEO!!

Hikiko66 likes this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Nice job. It's called just Unity though not Unity3D. Keep up the good work!

5. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

Thancks hippocoder!!!
    New updates are coming and gameplay is going to be improved.
    Since it is a game that I am making in my spare time it does not have too much content (a mission from the update 1 and the tutorial) but I am doing my best to solve this.

6. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

7. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hey Marco well done on your progress.

Consider incorporating IK for all the characters feet/legs. The main character and enemies feet slide around a lot in the videos and is very distracting.
    Also - it seemed like the enemies were just standing around waiting for the character to attack. They looked very passive, attacking very few times. Suggest speeding up there movement just slightly and give them purpose to defeat the player character, instead of just receiving blows and blocking most of the time.

Keep up the solid progression!

8. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

At first the game was very fast, but after some tests with friends I decided to reduce that behavior from the enemies.
    Still, I recomend to not understimate them. They can still dodge and parry your attacks. Besides,they surround the player and attack in a non sequential patern.

Furthermore, in the next update, the time between attacks is reduced with the difficulty that you choose at the start of the game.

9. astracat111

astracat111

Downloading now, gonna try it out and tell you what I think (won't have much time to spend on it to be honest with you, but gonna give it a quick try)

10. astracat111

astracat111

Hey Marco,

I tried the game from the download you provided above. When I opened the game at the title screen I tried to create a new profile with many different names but it kept saying "that profile name already exists". Also, when I clicked on load profile it had a name I couldn't select "Solaris" or something.

11. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

Did you started the game as an administrator? Windows only lets the game write a file if it has been started as an administrator.

It seems that writing a file inside "Program Files" needs admin privileges. Since I did the game in a partition, I did not find about this until it was too late.

So for the game run without problems, you have to start it as an administrator.

12. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

New update 1.1.1 for the game coming on 2018 January 29!!!!

This update will not be very big and it will not include new content as swords, missions or scenes. It does include though some solutions for problems that I have been finfing lately and improvements for gameplay.

FiveFingers likes this.
  13. Doug_B

Doug_B

Hi marcoscuroX,
    I very much like the opening cinematic shots in the video.

Is it the intention to be all hack 'n' slash or will it incorporate sneak 'em up tactical elements, like Metal Gear for example? If the game play boils down purely to strength, brute force and simply having more health points than your adversary, will there be an enduring appeal for players?

I am curious as to how you are doing the animations of the character models- did you use mixamo?
    Also, are you creating the music yourself or are there a few of you collaborating on this?

14. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

Well first, the game is an action rpg with melee combat system, but you have stealth (not like the one in metal gear). You can basicly complete a mission with combat, stealth or a combination of both. And no, the combat is not only brutal force, the enemies are going to dodge, parry and surround you, so do not understimate them. A combat with an enemie can last minutes or seconds, even if the enemie is a low level rank (yes, the enemies have level so that the stronger ones will parry and dodge more). Furthermore, you have some objects up your sleeve (Objects like a smoke bomb).
    You can already download the game and see all this by yourself. After installing the base game download and install de update1.

Aaand, I made all my animations in 3dsmax. If someone is interested I am a weapon artist but I can code and animate (as you can this with this project). I leave my portfolio here;):
    https://marcoantoniomeirelescarvalho.artstation.com/

15. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

16. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

NEW GAMEPLAY!!

FiveFingers and Doug_B like this.
  17. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

18. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

Good morning people!!!

Well. I have been some time outside unity forums because I have been trying to improve my portfolio (https://www.artstation.com/marcoantoniomeirelescarvalho).
    I am a 3D artist(weapon artist more specifically) and right now I am available so I have focused myself on improving my art skills. Because of this the project has been a bit unattended.
    HOWEVER, I am still working on my game. For now I leave here a video showing how my platform system works in the game:

19. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

Doug_B likes this.
  20. KaryM711

KaryM711

Nice job you done there ! How long did it take you to make the whole game ?

21. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

Well.I did it in my spare time and at first it was a test project in which I tried different ideas. At the end I decided to make use of it since it would be a shame losing all that work. If I take into account the first years we can say that it took 4 years (I did it in my spare time while I was at university so I did not use those years entirely).

KaryM711 likes this.
  22. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

Hello people!!
    Well, I have had almost 0 time left for my personal projects but this one is still alive.
    Here I show a new scene I have been working on.

You will see my volumetric light system. It is not finished but it is going well.

23. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX

Desktop Screenshot 2018.06.07 - 23.25.27.46.png Desktop Screenshot 2018.06.07 - 23.25.53.39.png Desktop Screenshot 2018.06.07 - 23.26.10.44.png Desktop Screenshot 2018.06.07 - 23.26.39.56.png

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  24. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

I have to try that. Looks great :)

25. marcoscuroX

marcoscuroX