Search Unity

game objects missing from hierarchy pane.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by BaronHarkonen, May 18, 2009.

1. BaronHarkonen

BaronHarkonen

So here is an odd question...

I recently installed the unity trial version, and tinkered a little. I looked around the tropical island a little, and went through with 3D platformer tutorial about half way. Everything worked just fine. So I came back to it a couple of days later, and neither project is working. They both load, but they are missing all the objects in the hierarchy pane with the exception of the camera object. The Project folder seems fine though. I tried reinstalling, but it didn't help. Where did all the game objects go for both projects?

Is this a known bug, or something I somehow changed in my environment that is causing this? I'd appreciate any ideas to help me solve this issue. Thank you in advance....

2. BaronHarkonen

BaronHarkonen

Oh, just to clarify... I wasn't sure if this is a bug or something problematic with my environment. I wasn't sure if I should submit this as a bug or not. Hence the posting here, in case it's something in my OS/path/etc. I hope this doesn't clash with the Unity bug tracking procedure.

3. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Welcome to Unity and to the forums!

Are you sure you're opening the last scene(s) you saved? It sounds like you're opening those projects but viewing a new scene, new scenes only have a camera and nothing else.

niallg123 and joao2fast4u like this.
  4. Tempest

Tempest

In the Project View is should be a Scene (or scenes), just open one of those and you should have it back the way it was.

joao2fast4u likes this.
  5. BaronHarkonen

BaronHarkonen

How embarrassing... :)

I forgot about that scene business. It's all good now. Thank you for the fast responses.

Cheers.

6. xin1988

xin1988

I am newer to start unity, and I run into this problem too. Thanks your guys' answers.

7. renzrecto24

renzrecto24

Nice, thanks guys.

8. brian-wanamaker

brian-wanamaker

I'm brand-new to Unity, and was having the same panicky feeling. Thanks for pointing out that I need to change Scene. Oddly, it had been in the correct scene every previous time I'd loaded the project.

9. Angelyx

Angelyx

I was scared, too. That my elements are gone. Thanks to the hint with the scenes. If you are new to unity this is not selfexplained.

10. Burgers_and_Frys

Burgers_and_Frys

Hi, I was having issues with my scene where I load it in and it doesn't work. Everything is gone that I worked on.
    This is the error I find

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Serialize/SerializedFile.cpp Line: 745)

Unknown error occurred while loading 'Assets/_Scenes/Main.unity'.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/PreloadManager/LoadSceneOperation.cpp Line: 115)

Invalid serialized file header. File: "Assets/_Scenes/Main.unity".

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Serialize/SerializedFile.cpp Line: 745)

If there is any ideas to fix it please!

I dunno what is wrong with it.

11. LZKLNG

LZKLNG

I'm having this issue right now but the scene is definitely not the issue.

12. A-J-Games

A-J-Games

thanks bro it workes

13. Untitiled

Untitiled

bro i did this and it worked but now i am having this error for the second time and i tried this again but when i click on the scene it opens and an error occurs "an unknown error occurred while opening the scene ...I am very disappointed and sad..If anybody sees this pls solve ..All my assets are there but my hierarchy is all blank ..It almost had 100 objects..

Attached Files:

briochebill likes this.