Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Game not working correctly after building it for android.

Discussion in 'Unity UI & TextMesh Pro' started by spinifer_x, Feb 5, 2017.

1. spinifer_x

spinifer_x

Hey,
    I have completed developing my 2D game for android and everything was working fine in my unity editor. But when I build it for android and installed it on my android devices the following problems came into play :

1. For some android devices ,only half of the screen is showing,for other half my game object is invisible.

2. In my unity editor,everything is running fine but for android devices buttons are not working correctly . Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

3.Also levels are loading slowly but when i am testing it using unity remote from my computer everything seems to be fine.

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this issue ? Is there is any way or build settings that i can use to get rid of this problem?

2. zafar_iqbal

zafar_iqbal

Watch charger games videos on youtube that has your answers

3. zki

zki

At least post the link of solution.

4. Johannski

Johannski

Hey there,

Not a good idea to test the game at the very end on the target device. I guess you thought you tested it through unity remote, but unity remote streams the image that is calculated in the editor to your device and pushes back the input you are giving on the phone back to the editor, so it is not running on the device, but in the editor. This should answer question three of yours.

With the other two questions, you are providing way too little information in order to really tell where the problem lies.

5. marckaldousmatawaran06

marckaldousmatawaran06

I have the same problem too sometimes my game ignore the rigid body 2d. Is there is any way or build settings that I can use to get rid of this problem?

6. marckaldousmatawaran06

marckaldousmatawaran06

I have the same problem too sometimes my game ignore the rigid body 2d. Is there is any way or build settings that I can use to get rid of this problem?

7. Johannski

Johannski

I don't really see how that is related to the question, but check your rigidbody settings. If they are clipping through other objects, it might be because they are too fast to trigger collisions in discrete mode. I would recommend setting the following settings:
    upload_2018-8-10_10-44-14.png
    Collision Detection: Continuous
    Interpolate: Interpolate

8. marckaldousmatawaran06

marckaldousmatawaran06

thanks but it doesn't fix my problem :(example A BALL when I try it in unity editor when it's moving its pretty damn fine but when I install it in android the ball moving to slow :< I hope you can help me with this thanks for concern :)

9. Johannski

Johannski

Hm, that sounds strange, I didn't experience anything like that before. I would recommend creating a new thread in one of the fitting subforums (I would recommend Physics):
    Physics https://forum.unity.com/forums/physics.78/
    Android: https://forum.unity.com/forums/android.30/
    2D: https://forum.unity.com/forums/2d.53/

Try to describe the problem more precise, so others can get a better idea of where the problem is coming from. And try to isolate the problem. For example try to create a scene with a ball that has just the physics 2d rigidbody attached and falls down. Is the behavior different or the same with this simple setup?

10. marckaldousmatawaran06

marckaldousmatawaran06

example A BALL when I try it in unity editor when it's moving its pretty damn fine but when I install it in android the ball moving to slow :<. My game is a pet simulating and other games like basketball and geometry dash when i test it in unity editor all was just fine but when i install it on Android in basketball my pet was moving to slow and the ball and in like a geometry dash game. his jump should be a consistent force but when in android when i jump his jump sometimes it's to much force but sometimes it's less than the to my codes :<