Search Unity

game launchers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rooster2, Sep 20, 2016.

1. rooster2

rooster2

is it possible to export a game then put it onto a launcher and then keep it updated then the launcer automatically updates everyone's launcher who has it?

2. N1warhead

N1warhead

I don't see why not... It would probably have to be an external application you make..

angrypenguin likes this.
  3. zoran404

zoran404

I don't remember hearing about anything like this on the asset store, but I'm pretty sure there are solutions on the internet, not related to unity.I couldn't find any with a quick google search, so there probably aren't any popular ones.

Almost all studios that publish multiplayer games make their own launchers to keep their players in sync, but since you have to ask this question I assume that you are probably developing a game on your own, so it might not be of use to you to spend your time working on your own launcher and it would be enough for you to simply notify the players if they are running an outdated version and tell them to download an update.

On a side note you might want to look at NSIS installer.
    It's not a launcher but it will help you quickly make an installer for your game, which you can use instead of simply using an archive and telling your users to extract the game wherever.

4. Mauri

Mauri