Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

29.9%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.1%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.1%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.7%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mark_01

Mark_01

Please add Magic casting type of combat along with the melee system.

sr388 likes this.
  2. sr388

sr388

Yeah, I forgot to add that into the above list, but it was in the todo file since it was discussed here.

Yeah, it wil be included, don't worry ;) The only reason to not being present in the asset already is to cover more basic and necessary stuff first.

Yeah, it is in the above list: "Initial version for dialogue system and improved mission/quest system from 2.4d".

I want to create a node editor for both systems, but it will take time, so meanwhile, an initial version will be made for the dialog system, configured via component inspector. Also, there is already a mission system in 2.4d and in 3.0 it will be improved with more options.

Of course, there are already good solutions. I want to provide a system already included on GKC, so an initial version will be added to 3.0, which will be simpler but it will do the job.

But of course, in a future, that is the kind of assets that will be integrated, so you can choose the solution to use.

Of course, I usually just call it melee combat system, but its purpose is to be used with any kind of weapon/power, so you can chain attacks of any kind, being as general as possible but including a lot of customization.

Regards.

3. sr388

sr388

Btw, here a video showing the outline shader for objects to grab and devices to interact and the option to grab and carry objects physically:

Regards.

tgamorris76, DrOcto, Muppo and 3 others like this.
  4. kottabos

kottabos

I'm very much looking forward to this, can't wait to see how you implement it all. Keep up the amazing work

hopeful and sr388 like this.
  5. sr388

sr388

Thanks @kottabos. I can't wait neither, I love space mechanics and it will be a lot of fun to work on these.

Btw, I have updated all weapons, pickups, devices, object that can be grabbed, etc... adding the outline shader system component, which is made to manage any shader modification in an object, like the transparency shader when an object is grabbed, so that code has been translated to that script too, making more easy to add more options, like different alpha value, outline color and width, etc....

I keep working on the new demo scene, there is a new room which uses a lot of elements, including a couple of cutscenes, scan objects, events to lock, unlock and open different doors, mission system used to call multiple tasks to achieve and to activate the cutscene once the mission is complete, etc... and everything is just configured with general systems, without extra scripts. I want to record a short video showing it.

Regards.

tgamorris76 and Mark_01 like this.
  6. Muppo

Muppo

What's the ETA for this new demo @sr388 ?

7. sr388

sr388

Less than a week. I am working as fast as possible on it and I want to have it ready in that time limit.

Regards.

Mark_01 and Muppo like this.
  8. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

Since my project practically needs multiplayer from the ground up, should I wait on 3.0, or will I not have to make changes to most things?

neodotca likes this.
  9. sr388

sr388

Do you mean online multiplayer or local split screen?

In the second case, yes, it will be added in 3.0. In the first case, I am afraid online multiplayer won't be added on 3.0, but very probably in the next udpate after that.

Btw, here the video for the room that I mentioned in my last post:

On this room, different systems have been combined to make a simple yet very organized group of events to make this to happen:
    • Trigger a cutscene when the player enters in the room
    • Camera looks to different positions while it moves and back to the regular position in player's camera
    • Close and lock the door behind the player
    • Scan objects to activate the buttons
    • Every button activates a countdown of 10 seconds and add 5 extra seconds on every press
    • If the countdown reaches 0, the player will have to press then again with the initial 10 seconds plus 5 by press (an option could be configured to make the player to press these buttons in a certain order)
    • Once the four buttons are pressed, the mission system triggers the event to play another cutscene which unlocks both doors, open the one in the entrance and gives the control to the player again, all with different delays and events using the custom event trigger system on GKC
    So as you can see, a lot of elements and combinations are possible, to make mostly any kind of situation.

Regards.
    [COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.88)][/COLOR]

10. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

I meant the online multiplayer, but I mostly meant, should I wait on that update to start on my project? I don't want to have a ton of things I will need to change when the online multiplayer comes around. I suspect most of the kit will be changed for that update.

neodotca likes this.
  11. sr388

sr388

Yeah, it is very possible that for the online multiplayer, modifications will be made in some systems to work properly. I don't know yet what of GKC systems will need changes, but once I started to work on the online part, I will be able to find them and tell any progress here.

I wish I could know already what would be the potential changes that any online could need, but my knowledge about online on unity is not good enough yet. The good part is while I work on update 3.0, I will start to gather information about the online, to start to work on any needed modifcation before even start with the online systems, to work faster on it.

Another good thing is that by that time, the discord channel for this asset will be already created, so between the people with experience or knowlegde for online on unity and I, it will simplify the task to find the best option and the possible things to consider for its implementation.

So different subchannels (I don't remembet its name now xd) will be available in the main channel to disccuss different things.

Regards.

Mark_01 and neodotca like this.
  12. jesblood

jesblood

Hi sr388

I'm very impressed with what I've seen on your vids but when I downloaded your PC demos from your Dropbox and installed them they didn't work. Each demo booted up but beyond moving the camera around nothing else worked. Not the fire button, jump, crouch, pick up, etc.
    Is this a bug or are these demo dated maybe?
    I was hoping you could help. Because I would certainly like to buy but I'm understandably hesitant when it appears the demos aren't exactly working.
    Could you please advise. My company and I are very interested in your asset.

Thank you.

sr388 likes this.
  13. EvilGremlin

EvilGremlin

Please don't do a dialogue or quest system. Focus on doing the controller stuff. If you try to replace the already great assets that can be very easily integrated with GKC you will never complete the core elements.

AI is very integral, and even though I want you to integrate Behavior Designer, I understand the usefulness of having it pre-made. But dialogue and quests are a different story. I will buy you a copy of dialogue system (or send you the money for it or whatever) so you can integrate it instead. That will be FAR more valuable to you (in the sales it will bring) and us (in usefulness) than creating your own.

It is not that I doubt your capability or anything. But I would rather have you working on other things to make your controller better instead of trying to replace already amazing assets that can be easily integrated into any system.

If you HAVE to create your own dialogue and quest systems please at least make them easily removable, because Dialogue System is an absolute MUST USE in every single one of my projects. It is that good.

Also, is your Patreon page up? I'm trying to give you money. Why don't you want it? :p

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Mark_01, sr388 and hopeful like this.
  14. EvilGremlin

EvilGremlin

If you mean the gifs in the thread, those are in the upcoming version. It is not on the asset store yet.

15. Bob3000

Bob3000

I second that. I would also ask to have that GKC Dialogue System removable, I will only use the aforementioned assets from that developer (either Dialogue System or their Quest Machine). Simply because as a developer I have a goal & schedule & milestones to be met. The existing assets are so good that they have gone through years of feedback & bug fixes, those features, how long did they take to do? Maybe even longer that GKC as a whole?

I like GKC, I like your plans for the character stats, XP, store, weapons & gears upgrades, multiplayer etc. absolutely love that! That is why please focus your valuable time on these, that alone would take years. I have been observing your development for a while even if I say nothing or not even joining.

If you need vehicles I can even donate a few to GKC. I message you a link to our project for you to see the visual, I also sent you a Linkedin if you wanted to connect, I don't want to spam my works in your forum.

Also anyone at all wanted to connect on Linkedin please message me (I rarely log on so it may take a while to get back).

16. sr388

sr388

Hi @jesblood.

Thanks for you interest in the asset. Also, sorry for the time to reply, I was out of home and when I arrived I just felt asleep until now. I prefer to answer properly to any message and I was very tired at that moment haha.

That is strange. I think there could be a couple of reasons for that. Did you downloaded the demo of GKC before? By default, the system saves an input file in the persistentDataPath folder (a path similar to this: C:\Users\sr388\AppData\LocalLow\Two Cubes\Game Kit Controller). And with newer versions and update, the input file class has new variables and fields, so when the system tries to load a previous file version, the input is trying to get these new fields that are not present in the older version.

I have fixed this just by setting a new name to that input file with every new update of GK (for example, for the current one is inputFile2-4d, so the system will ignore other files).

The second cause could be that maybe you have a gamepad connected in your pc and you have windows 10, it is that possible? For some reason, version 2.4c has a weird random issue where input wasn't detected. But update 2.4d should fix this and the custom input system on GKC has been improved allowing to ignore a gamepad connected or allow to use keyboard and gamepad at the same time.

So if you have tried the asset demo previously, go to the folder path from above and delete the file. If you want, I can send you a build of version 2.4c, so you can try it. Sorry for this issue.

Also, for update 2.4d (which contains a lot of new systems, improvements and options, including fixes), there is a new demo scene with a much better structure and where you can see better previous and new features and systems. This build will be uploaded here in less than a week. After that, the update 2.4d will be shared with any user who already has GKC, so they don't need to wait for its release in the store.

Tell me if you prefer that I send you a new build of 2.4c or wait to build 2.4d.

Yeah, I totally understand it. You can be sure I am focusing in the main elements, including the core of the asset. Like I said before, I want to make a dialogue and a mission system for GKC making a nodes editor for it, something that could be extended to work on other systems, like AI.

But a nodes editor is not an easy task, so it will take time and like you said, I prefer to invest that time first in work on other elements more important for GKC. In the mean time, I just make simpler versions of dialogue and mission (in fact, I have already made an initial version of the mission system, to give objectives to the player triggered by events and being very customizable).

What I was saying a few post before for dialog and mission/quest system is to make a simple version, so any people who want can use this option ready to work or use a more complete solution, according to what the project could need. I am not trying to replace some assets like Dialog System, but bring just an easy solution already included on GKC, which of course, can be chosen to not be used.

This nodes editor has a very very low priority in my todo list, so you can expect a lot of more important and useful stuff will come to GKC first.

Also, it is not necessary you buy a copy for Dialog system, I am sure that if I take with the developer, we can exchange vouchers for our assets to work on integration. Thanks for the intention.

About patreon, no, it is not public yet, I want to configure it close to the finish of update 2.4d.

Yeah, I am totally agre with both, @Bob3000 and @EvilGremlin. I am very aware that for certain systems, there is no reason to spend time on them, since there are very well solutions on the store.

The versions that will be included for a dialog and mission systems (the last one is already included on 2.4d and can be seen in previous gifs and a couple of videos) will be more basic, for those people who doesn't need a more complete solution for that kind of systems, due for example to a smaller or simpler project or maybe haven't that kind of assets yet.

I should have explained better what was the intention to included both systems in the above roadmap, my fault.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I would love to see them. I will check your message right now. Thanks in advance for the help and support.

Regards.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    tgamorris76, neodotca and EvilGremlin like this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Just a quick progress update.

I have added a few more rooms to the demo, to configure different elements and see more features and possibilities. There are different floors, but most of them are interconnected with elevators or corridors, some of them vertical with zero gravity, being easy and quick to move throught them.

Between the places in the new demo, there is a room which consists in a trap with the next situation:
    • There is a trigge in the middle of the room which activates the event of the trap
    • The only two doors are locked and other 4 hidden doors are opened, revealing 4 enemy turrets which receive the player as their target
    • The mission system assigns the objective to destroy these turrets to escape from the room
    • Once the room is clean, both doors are unlocked and one of them opened
    • The system set in the player's camera that opened door as the place to look, so player can see that he can continue to the next place
    • After 3 seconds the control of the camer returns to the player
    trap room turrets1.gif

trap room turrets2.gif

trap room turrets3.gif
    Like previous examples, this is made using only general systems and events.

Regards.

uni7y, tgamorris76, neodotca and 7 others like this.
  18. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been adding rooms and zones to show the different camera systems and player controls, for locked, top down, point & click, 2.5d and isometric. There are corridors and places that connect all these rooms, to see the smooth transition between all these different controls and even use vehicles on some of them.

The structures are almost finished and half the cameras and systems for these controls are already done. Between today and tomorrow, all of them should be ready. Also, some little additions have been made to some custom inspectors to improve the workflow.

So the rest of time until midweek will be used to finish to configure and tweak rest of elements of the new demo, like map system, tutorials/explanations ingame, events, missions, etc...

Regards.

19. jesblood

jesblood

Hi sr388,

You were right. I went and found an old file in the App Data folder plus I duisconnected my gamepad controller and they worked perfectly! Ha ha I have to say I wasted so much time just jumping around and blowing sh#t up Ha ha. Lots of fun.

However I'm very concerned about not being able to use my gamepad. When I hooked it back in sure enough everything didn't work again. Is this problem resolved with the current available version on the asset store?

Thank you for your prompt reply.

sr388 likes this.
  20. Akimania

Akimania

Is there an option to push a cube?

21. sr388

sr388

Happy to hear the demo worked properly now. The old file won't happen again with the new file name for every new update. Also, glad to know you liked it (the new demo scene will be even funnier).

About the gamepad, with the new improvements of the custom input manager, the issue should be fixed. You will be able to try the new update this week, so I will wait to know any feedback about it (for good, bad and suggestions :)), including if the gamepad works properly on the new version.

Do you mean the ability to push cubes/rigidbodies, or just one at a time? There are three ways to grab objects:
    • While the player is in aim mode on third person, for powers or weapons and in any moment in first person. On this mode, the player can grab an object at a time and throw it with different force amount according to how much time the grab object key is pressed, so you can drop it or launch it. On this mode you can also move the object closer or farther from you and rotate it as you want.
    • Grab multiple objects around, similar to gravity rush, where the system detects rigidbodies inside a radius and the objects are carried at the sides of the player. Like in the option above, the objects can be dropped or launched. This mode is only used when powers mode is active (there are three modes that can be switched, powers, weapons and close combat, and more modes can be added).
    • Grab objects physically in the hands of the player. This can be done in any moment, in first and third person, carrying an object at a time with IK, allowing to configure the positon of the object in the player's body and the hands positions, so no matter how big the object is. Like others, it can be thrown or dropped.
    There is also a power to push objects inside a radius in front of player, including vehicles and characters (similar to the force from star wars, and characters pushed enters in ragdoll mode). So it could be added an option to only push one object at a time for example.

This powers is made by using the behavior system for powers, which allows to make easily new scripts abilities and include it in the player (all those powers which are not launch projectiles, use this sytem, so you can add infinite types). Same system is used for weapons, and you can do the same with projectiles for them and for powers.

Tell me if this answer your question or you meant a different element.

Regards.

22. Akimania

Akimania

Thank you for the precision, here is an example that I try to adapt but for the moment not yet successful

push1.jpg push2.jpg

23. Akimania

Akimania

24. sr388

sr388

Oh, I see now.

This kind of push objects is in fact planned to be added. I haven't totally thought how the system will work, but I think is just a matter of combine IK for the player (or an animation group to push forward, backward, etc...), maybe active the strafe layer on the animator, since that movement on this type of situations is the usual, and maybe parent the main object in the player or use a rigidbody joint, to keep the object in the correct place.

But maybe manage a rigidbody like that on this situation could be not the best way, since physics are sometimes a pain in the ass and don't behave exactly as planned.

I was writing the answer and see you new message. I will take a look at it to see your approximation.

Regards.

hopeful and Akimania like this.
  25. Akimania

Akimania

26. sr388

sr388

Hi again @Akimania.

After checking that system, I think there is a better way to achieve the system. I have been thinking a little more about it and I think I have a solution for it and keep the physics in the object, being a more realistic push object system. The system will be similar to the one used on uncharted 4:

push box3.gif

push box4.gif
    The system will be managed for the current grab object system, detecting the type of object to grab, so it will be carried or pushed. It will need a couple more of additions, like activate the strafe animations layer, but the system is pretty achievable.

It will be added on update 3.0, next one after the upcoming 2.4d. I would work on it now, but I want to finish the new demo scene and the update as soon as possible (I work on it day and night since some weeks ago), but you can be sure this system will be present on GKC.

EDIT: the gif from google drive didn't work. Anyone know how to link gifs from external webs on this forum to avoid size limit? It can be done with github, google drive, dropbox or similar?

Regards.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    uni7y, Akimania and hopeful like this.
  27. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Hi sr388, any plans for incorporating vr into this?

28. Akimania

Akimania

very good idea and very good news ;), thank #sr388

sr388 likes this.
  29. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Also you still planning a patreon/scripting services?

30. sr388

sr388

Yes VR is planned and I can't wait to work on it. The bad part is that I haven't a VR kit to work with due to I can't afford one. It was one of the reasons why I thought about the patreon, to use that income to get hardware like this, along with any external resource that can help to improve GKC. So an VR kit (vive or rift) will be one of the goals, so according to how much people is interested on having this system in the asset, it will help to work on it sooner or later.

Some days ago I got an oculus go for a very reduced price and I have been playing a little with it. It seems a pretty solid system to work on games. I want to see if I can add support for it on GKC for a future update, very probably after 3.0.

Yes, once update 2.4d is totally finished, it will be opened, including repository access to GKC. Also,the discord channel will be available on the same moment, with total free access to anyone who want.

Of course. Happy to add new systems and this one is something I want to try since long time ago.

Regards.

31. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

kool :) recently got an oculus rift and one of the first things i did was look into development. was surprised how quickly i was able to add a basic fps player in game. Really looking forward to doing something in VR.

Mark_01, neodotca and sr388 like this.
  32. sr388

sr388

The idea would be to adapt GKC to work for both, first person and third person. This last mode would be something similar to the locked camera system, but it would be the player itself moving around the scene and seeing the current character and controlling it. It would be similar to moss, chronos and astro bot.

Of course, other controls and modes would be added later.

So yeah, I can't wait to get a kit to work, let's hope it happens anytime soon.

Regards.

tgamorris76 likes this.
  33. neoshaman

neoshaman

VR isn't has simple though due to vomit mode, I'll try find some guideline for best practice

sr388 likes this.
  34. Muppo

Muppo

Vomit mode, lol

Indeed sounds really interesting, have no rush @sr388, you will eventually get one of those (same situation here)

sr388 likes this.
  35. sr388

sr388

Yeah, I have experienced that feeling on the oculus go with some game with free movement mode, though the control itself was very bad on that game in concrete, so don't know if the control itself was in part responsible of that or not. But yeah, I have been dizzy with some game haha.

Teleportation is a good way to do it, thought I prefer a smooth transition, like Virtual Virtual Reality does, instead of do the translation directly.

But yeah, you can be sure that when I start with VR, I will take into account the different controls mode and what every one of them entail. So safer modes will be added along with regular one for the "bravest" hahaha.

Haha, exactly. Oculus go has increased the desire to work on it. It has been a lot of fun to add the newest controls mode, like locked camera, top down, point and click and 2.5d. So I can't even start to think how many ways there are to combine and add new systems for VR.

Regards.

neodotca likes this.
  36. hopeful

hopeful

I know that for me, the camera has to move slowly or I'll start feeling sick. This happens all the time with asset store demos, BTW.

So if the camera can be set to rotate and move at a user-adjustable rate, that might be good. That means it might lag the action sometimes, but I find usually it works well and avoids jittery over-corrections.

sr388 likes this.
  37. sr388

sr388

Yeah, I want to try more games on the oculus go, to get used to it and to see where is my tolerance limit, though for time, it seems that I can be playing for a long time without problem, even wearing my glasses.

And you are right, the more options to be configured, the best, customization is one of the things I always like to do.

Btw, since I have been configuring locked camera zones on the new demo, I have added the option to auto aim to targets on this mode too, for example for enemies, similar to old resident evil games.

By default, the system locks the closest target to the player, but the rest of found targets are stored and the system allows to change between all the targets (the stored list is sorted by distance, so the more times you change the target, the farthest this is), and once you set the last target and press again, the new target is the first and closest element in the list. Like other options, it was added quickly and almost didn't need extra additions on the code.

aim system1.gif

aim system2.gif

The marks above the enemies with the number is the option to mark and follow the position of the targets on the screen, showing the distance to a target. I left the option enabled on the current weapon used by the player xd.

Also, here you can see a transition from free camera to top down to free camera again.

top down transition2.gif

top down transition3.gif
    It uses the smooth transition, but it can be configured to be applied directly.

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  38. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Theres a game on the oculus store caled "from other suns" where movement controls the character in third person but the moment u stop the view returns to first person allowing the use of the touch controllers for shooting and interacting. kinda fun. i cant get my head around watching myself walk away before resuming fps but kinda fun

39. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Dizzeness happens more when standing i find :)

uni7y likes this.
  40. neoshaman

neoshaman

When I meant best practice, I'm talking about subtle stuff like having a 3d proxy where the nose is to reduce vertigo, which is like super subtle, and that's super not well known and super dispersed because all vr people are a small group who attended the same talk and already know these stuff.

sr388 and danreid70 like this.
  41. hopeful

hopeful

FWIW, when I was speaking about slower camera movements working better for me - less chance of feeling sick - that pertains to normal games, and not VR.

In general, I prefer 3rd person camera as well, for the same reason: the camera doesn't shift as much as it does with 1st person.

42. sr388

sr388

Mmmm, I have seen a video about it, interesting way to work.

Uhum, it makes sense. I am sure there are details like that allow to improve or make a bad experience.

Oh, I see, that can be already configured, allowing to set different rotation speeds for vertical and horizontal axis, and both values can be configured separately for first and third person.

Regards.

Mark_01 and hopeful like this.
  43. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have already configured the 2.5d zone of the demo. A new option has been added to allow to use the X or Z axis as directions to move the player on the full locked 2.5d, so you can make scenes in the right or forward directions (before, the player was only able to move on the right axis).

Here a gifs for the transition from free to semi 2.5d to locked 2.5d and viceversa (in the semi 2.5d the player can move in his local forward axis too, similar to games like little nightmares):

2-5d camera4.gif

2-5d camera5.gif

2-5d camera6.gif

2-5d camera.gif
    Regards.

neodotca, uni7y and tgamorris76 like this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been making another zone for the demo, this time a bigger one, to test different things, like the free floating mode. To this mode, I have added IK settings to move the character dynamically, adding also movement and rotation according to input. Both elements have been inspired from the new game Control.

Here the bridge falls with the custom event trigger system along with setting the auto look mode in the player's camera towards the brigde position.
    free floating mode2.gif

Here you can see how the player's body rotates toward the movement direction and his hands and feet move in the opposite direction. I have seen gameplay from Control to see how the character behaves on this mode, similar to infamous too.
    free floating mode3.gif

free floating mode4.gif

And here the new big zone along with the above bridge.
    free floating mode5.gif
    More settings will be added to make this movements to look better for the update 3.0
    Regards.

Mark_01, danreid70, Muppo and 3 others like this.
  45. UserNotHere

UserNotHere

Is there a melee preview?

46. sr388

sr388

Not yet. The melee combat system will be started soon for update 3.0, once the current update is finished. I keep working in the last details of the new demo scene for the new version (really close to finish it).

You can be sure once there is any relevant progress on the melee combat system, it will be shown here along with a quick video preview. While I work on the melee combat, parallelly the armor/cloth system will be added, so the RPG components on GKC will be boosted on 3.0, including more elements of this type (like magic ;))

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  47. Zebbi

Zebbi

Sorry to be so annoying but I wasn't sure if you were planning on adding the character controller first-person and the lissajous 8 and U curves for weapon bob to the next update? I think you mentioned it was still planned but I'm not sure if it's slipping to 3.0? The reason I ask is I'm waiting to actually use GKC for these very features (at least the character controller!) since I bought it in July and I can't wait to try!

neodotca and sr388 like this.
  48. sr388

sr388

Hi @Zebbi.

Don't worry to reminder features to add. Yeah, I even remember that message. You can be sure that I would have added those features already if not for the delays in 2.4d. It is the only reason.

After almost 5 months of development, I really want to complete this update and adding more elements would increase the wait time. I know new features and elements have been shown in the last weeks though I said I wasn't going to add more important systems for this update to complete it. But all that content are elements that were already very well thought and organized, so the time to implement them was little (minutes or a couple of hours) and their addition won't cause any problem to rest of system or cause possible bugs (some of them are options and improvements that allow a better and easier workflow, for example, for level design). Believe me, I am the first excited to release this update, but quality is very important for me.

First person controls are really important for me (it is one of the views I like more) and add the features you said are something I want to do too and will be added for update 3.0. But like other times, it won't be necessary you to wait for that release, due to once they are added, I can share the project. In fact, once the repository is ready (when update 2.4d is complete, the repository will be opened too), it will be possible to access instantly to new content added the same day, reducing the wait time to zero.

Sorry for the waiting time, you will have these options soon.

Regards.

neodotca likes this.
  49. Zebbi

Zebbi

Thank you, no problem at all! I just couldn't remember if it was still planned or not! :D

sr388 likes this.
  50. Bob3000

Bob3000

The Jetpack flying mode should just use this IK, when you have time later on (whatever update version), please have an option to free both hands for weapons.

Again, Starwars Battlefront 2 jetpack gameplay is a good artistic reference as well.

neodotca and sr388 like this.