Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

1.- I think that could depend on the type of update. If the new elements in an update is mostly in the code and maybe some new fields and options, the update would only need to overwrite the scripts.

In other cases, there are always need fields related to new gameobjects created for an update, like new UI elements, new transforms to uses as reference, assigned audio sources, new prefabs made, etc... So in case of an update like that, I am not sure if there is a quick way to update the content of the project than two options: overwrite the asset with the new version and assign manually those new elements on their fields if they are not assigned automatically on the upgrade or make again those modifications that where made previously.

For example, the controller is the object which usually has more modifications, new components and gameObjects added to it (being some of them assigned in different inspectors), so the player used to need to be remade on different versions. The other option would be update the scripts and assign manually those objects assigned in the new fields on the inspector.

I haven't made test with programs with version control, so I am not sure how well can manage elements like prefabs and new elements assign on its inspector fields.

I would like that it could be other way (I don't know if there is other controller which can manage the version control better), but if someone knows or have thought a way to improve this, I would like to hear more about it.

2.- That is a great idea, I added option to configure volume on every foot but none for every separated clip. I will add that in the todo list. It is actually pretty quick to do, so I will have it done for this update.

3.- If I understood properly, you mean the player is adhering to surfaces when you only want to run, right? That is an ability from other powers component. You can disable it in that inspector, in the part Settings.

upload_2018-10-1_7-27-21.png

That ability makes the character to rotate towards any surface in front of him, while the player holds run key. If you release that key, the player will rotate to its previous gravity direction before he started to run.

If you press the run button just once and release while you move, the player will only run without adhering to surfaces. With the above option disable, the player will only run even if you hold the run key.

Tell me if this is what you meant.

Also, thanks for these suggestions and questions, it always help :)

Regards.

2. Alex-893

Alex-893

Hi,

Just downloaded your framework last week, so far so good. Definitely value for money.
    However, since I've never published a game before, and very new to Unity and C#, its been a bit slow for me implement/tweak many of its features.

Few questions/suggestions.

About the documentation, since this asset have so much feature with a lot of explaining to do, don't you think a wiki page is more suitable medium for documentation? Also, seeing many of the current users are also actively participating here, maybe a wiki style page will be updated more frequently.

About duel wielding, will it be included in the 2.4d update?

Is there any plans to do a side jump/dodge? Like in Max Payne?

MdotE, EvilGremlin and sr388 like this.
  3. bathyscaphe

bathyscaphe

Hi. Is it be able to added more than one static animation state to the player zero gravity states? I want to create a blend tree for gravity zero for the 2.4b

sr388 likes this.
  4. sr388

sr388

Hi @Alex-893.

Thanks for your purchase and interest in the asset and welcome to this forum.

I agree with you. What I thought about the documentation is that once the previous and current elements from the upcoming update 2.4d are added, I want to create an online documentation in the web of the asset (that web is already created but needs to be improved and configure elements of its aspects and add more content), so a organized web index could help to find easily any element. I also thought about separate the doc of the asset into multiple files, since the content is already large and it will be increase for the upcoming update (but the full doc will be also included).

Dual wielding will be included in version 3.0, which will come after the current update in progress 2.4d, which is about to be finished this month.

About dodge, the action itself will be added, though I don't know if the player will be also able fire while doing (bullet time could be activated to give time to aim), I have to think a way to do it but the animation will be included.

In fact, I will include a blend tree animation for the zero gravity and free floating mode, to make the player to move more dynamically on this state. That will be added for update 3.0. I thought in the mean time to add an IK system to move procedurally limbs and head on the player according to input and see how it looks. I would like to take inspiration from dead space animations for this IK mode (and for the animations):

dead space2.gif

dead space4.gif

If you include these animations, you only need to add the management of the animator values in the player controller script. If you need help with this, tell me.

Regards.

5. magique

magique

Perfect. That's what I was talking about. I didn't know that checkbox existed. I'll give it a try.

[EDIT]
    Works perfect. Thanks again.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    sr388 likes this.
  6. VENOMOUS09

VENOMOUS09

please send update

7. sr388

sr388

Noice. Most options and settings used to be place in the inspector with a system or name related, to make them easier to locate, but don't doubt to ask if you don't find a certain field.

It is not ready yet, but as soon as the new demo scene is finished and rest of prefabs updated, I will share the project. Thanks for the patience.

Regards.

8. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Quick update progress.

I have been thinking in zones for the current new demo scene in progress. I have just been deciding which elements to include and place different prefabs and elements in the level to make little game parts, to make different objectives to achieve in the demo (they are very simple and straight forward), while at the same time different elements, systems, mechanics and more are used, allowing to see them more easily.

Also, the objective log system and the map will allow to see easily where you can go or what to do.

I have included places like:
    • An hangar, where to land and take off the aircraft into the space, with a gravity zone in and out of the hangar exit (basically the demo level is a pretty big kind of cylindrical spatial station, where it was already already possible to enter inside or go into space).
    • Test zone to try different level interaction elements, like ziplines, traps, moving platforms, etc... including checkpoints
    • Zone focused to try different powers, abilities and weapons
    • Different places where use and combine inventory objects, solve puzzles to keep moving or get objects
    • Terrain zone where try land vehicles, footsteps sounds, decal system for projectiles, hide from enemies, etc...
    • Poison zones where to find pickups to refill health and keep moving
    • And a few more places and elements that maybe will be combined with the above parts
    • Quick travel stations, to move faster to any part of the level
    I have been already working all day on these parts and everything is being built very quickly (since it is just a matter to make rooms and place and configure elements from GKC, which is easy and quick to do) and I think it will make the gravity demo even better. I expect to have ready this build this week.

Regards.

9. bathyscaphe

bathyscaphe

Good day. I use Bolt in coop with Game Kit Controller. I can't found where is located action that call transition between FPS and TPS mode. Something like "set FPS mode ()". I se almost everything script and doesn't found it(

10. sr388

sr388

Hi @bathyscaphe.

The function to change between first and third person is located in Other Powers script, due to the way aim powers and aim weapons works (including the option to change view side to left and right for both aim modes). So I placed the main function there, but of course, this function call to others from the player camera. Maybe in the next update I modified these functions to place the main call in the player camera component.

The function called by the input is changeTypeView, which checks if the player is aiming to only change the view side to left or right on third person. If he is not aiming in third person, the function that is called is changeCameraToThirdOrFirstView, which according to the current view mode, it sets the other view (fps to tps and viceversa).

Tell me if this is what you needed.

Regards.

EvilGremlin and tgamorris76 like this.
  11. Muppo

Muppo

Just came to say I'm wating for this new demo, really want to see what you did.

tgamorris76 and sr388 like this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Thanks @Muppo, I am really excited to finish it and share it here, so you can try it and tell what you think (for good and bad haha). I am just sitting here making the level and configuring the elements like a kid with lego (I am still playing lego xd).

Regards.

13. magique

magique

@sr388 I can't find where in the system I can change the sticky grenade's damage amount and area of effect. I know it must be something simple, but I didn't see anything in the documentation and the Adhesive Grenade Projectile prefab doesn't have any Projectile system settings at all. If I click on Use Custom Values then it lets me enter damages and other information, but how is the current prefab getting this information? And there are so many settings that I'm not really sure what I should be entering in those custom fields.

14. bathyscaphe

bathyscaphe

Good day=) I have a small question. Do you use some raycast system for pick up/examine object? What info you receive from picked object?

15. sr388

sr388

In Player Weapon System inspector you can modify the damage and radius of an explosive projectile, in the Explosion Settings part, here (this inspector is the gameObject gunModel of every weapon):

upload_2018-10-3_7-49-3.png
    In the prefab of a projectile, there is a projectile system component, whose info is assigned by the weapon to the projectile when is fired, according to the settings configured in the Player Weapon System. The custom values are used in case that you are going to use a projectile with a different element than a character weapon or a vehicle weapon (for example, the AI turrets use these projectiles with a custom configuration). I made like that because I think is easier to configure the settings of the projectiles directly in a weapon than having to set this info in the projectile prefab.

Tell me if this solves your doubt.

Hi @bathyscaphe.

The pickup system is called by the Using Devices System, which is the one that manages all the interaction with elements that can be used in the game (doors, devices, vehicles, pickups, etc...) The info from the pickup is managed in the Pickup Object component.

About the examine object, it is similar, the component used for it is called Examine Object System.

The regular way to work with them is with triggers placed in pickups and examine objects, so when they detect the player (or any character who can use them), the object to use is stored in the Using Devices System, sorting the closest object to use (according to config, this can be made by distance or also, by screen distance from the object to the center of the camera).

For elements like drawer and closest, a raycast is used to detect if the player is looking and the knob to open and close them.

Tell me if this solve your doubts or not.

Regards.

EvilGremlin and neodotca like this.
  16. magique

magique

Thanks. That definitely works.

sr388 likes this.
  17. Muppo

Muppo

On the features list, at Player, there is this " -IK for powers, weapons, vehicles, ….". Does this include adjusting hands position relative to weapons?

sr388 likes this.
  18. sr388

sr388

Noice, happy to hear that :)

Hi @Muppo.

Sorry for not answer before, for some reason, lately the unity forum doesn't send notifications on new messages, so I didn't see you message until I check the forum -.-.

About your cuestion, yes, IK is very used on this asset, used to customize a lot of elements, including weapons. All the movements for weapons, like draw, aim, move, shoot, etc... uses IK for the third person (for first person is a procedural based sway and head bob system highly customizable).

The positions to adjust are hands and elbows position and rotation (using emtpy transforms as references), configurable in every weapon, including if a weapon is carried in both hands or only one of them (for example, the flashlight or the smartphone is only carrried in the right hand, these are tools, but use the same weapon system, adding an extra behaviour to include other functions instead of shooting projectiles.

Even the head uses IK to make the player to look in the camera direction, even if the upper body is rotated to one side or another. And of course, everything moves smoothly, with options to configure speeds for every movement.

You can also adjust the spine rotation of the player and even for big weapons where a person used to rotate his upper body to right or left, it can be also configured for every weapon. Also, it allows to configure a shake in the upper body for every shoot. In future updates, more animations will be included for the weapons, so you will be able to combine both systems or use only IK or animations.

Here you can see how hands follow the weapon (the white lines is just a debug).
    weapon IK 1.gif

Here you can see the different positions (when the game is not played it also shows the names of every position in the gizmo). The walk position is the one changed here, so when he aims and the hands returns to the default position, this has changed.
    weapon IK 3.gif

Here you can see the spine rotation with a bigger weapon (extra rotation in the spine of 40 degress).
    weapon IK 4.gif

And here the same weapon with 0 degress of rotation in the spine.
    weapon IK 6.gif

Another example of IK for the hands on the weapon.
    weapon IK 5.gif

Regards.

EvilGremlin, Muppo and uni7y like this.
  19. Muppo

Muppo

Wow, thanks for the long explanation and the gifs, pretty much customizable as I see!

sr388 likes this.
  20. bathyscaphe

bathyscaphe

Hi =) Can you help me? How work "climb Ledge" System ? Sorry for your time spending but I need a small tutorial.

21. sr388

sr388

Yeah, customization throught inspector is one of the main objectives on this asset along within the code.

I think I didn't added the climb ledge system until current version 2.4d. What the systems does is detect a ledge where to climb when the player is on the air, it also uses the function to adjust an animation to a specific position smoothly. But I am not quite satisfied yet with current climb action system.

I will back to this climb system when I start to add the new animations for the player for update 3.0. I want include the full climb system, for any surface, ladders and the climb ledge as well. I will use the extra time to learn more about animations to make the general system to play animations at specific situations, like open a door, climb a ladder, jump a fence or obstacle, etc...

Regards.

22. EvilGremlin

EvilGremlin

sr388 likes this.
  23. sr388

sr388

Thanks @EvilGremlin.

About the climbing system, yeah, it would be interesting to integrate GKC with that asset. For update 3.0, I want to try the breath of the wild climb system, which doesn't need any reference points in the level to work, allowing to climb any surface. After that I could work on the above integration.

Regards.

24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have made more progress in the new demo scene. Almost all the places have been added and I have configured little mission/objectives/tasks to do on different rooms. Gravity manipulation is an element used on different zones, but I am adding most elements and systems from GKC to combine them and make different gameplay parts, taking inspiration from different games.

Game events have been added, to trigger things like stop a group or death spiral from rotating by taking away a group of gears from a mechanism (and those gears are inventory object which can be taken after removing them from that place):

engranages 2.gif

engranages 3.gif

A blackout on a room with a fuse box that explodes and there is another fuse box to fix the power and open the door:

new demo events 5.gif

new demo events 6.gif
    Or a room where the gravity is shifting randomly every x amount of seconds, affecting to player and objects in the room and the player has to use a group of counterweight on different pressure plates to set the gravity back to normal state (I haven't recorded a gif of that haha).

All of these elements and more have been configured with the mission system, the custom event trigger system and other elements already present on current update, without extra script for specific tasks, since these system are very customizable and allow to configure a lot of different situations.

Regards.

25. Razmot

Razmot

That's friggin frackin fudging awesome !

26. Mark_01

Mark_01

Plus one on awesome!

27. sr388

sr388

Haha, thanks to both @Razmot and @Mark_01, I really like to configure this kind of things, they are easy to add and gives a lot of details to the demo without being complicated.

There are more elements like this on the demo and more will be added, can't wait to finish and publish the build here.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  28. bathyscaphe

bathyscaphe

Hi. Can I use without problem default input manager inputs in co-op with input that I added in GKC inputs directory? I asking about gamepads.
    For example - can I in same time use GKC input action crouch and the same key axis named "crouch" in default input manager? Both for the one gamepad botton.

29. sr388

sr388

Do you mean to configure input actions in the own input of unity (the axes list) to use multiple gamepads? Yeah, you can add more actions to that input, but it is possible that the input manager of GKC takes those keys as input for the player too.

What I have planned for the co-op/split screen mode, is to modify the input manager of GKC to receive all the input from multiple gamepads and send the proper signal to every player according to his id value for him and the gamepad assigned to it.

So it is not necessary to add input actions to the unity system. You will only need to use a list of input configured in the custom input manager to configure all the actions that all characters will be able to do.

Almost all the considerations to have multiple characters in the same scene are already done, including the custom input system for multiple gamepads, manage the HUD of every player and the elements created in game on them, and ID assigned to every player, along with its dedicated input system for every player (introduced in the current update 2.4d with multiple axes list which work with events and allows to configure if an action is called on press down, up or release).

There are only a few elements more to manage taking into account multiple characters in the same level and it will be ready to go.

I would like to include the split screen system on update 3.0, can't wait to work on this version.

Regards.

EvilGremlin, tgamorris76 and neodotca like this.
  30. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

It sounds like you are getting closer to implementing this. I will go through and do some optimizations to get it loading fast. I know about a pretty good solution for the online docs that should work well for large amounts of info/documentation. I also have some original levels / building pieces from my latest experiments that could be potentially used with GKC. Haven't forgot about you man! I can post some screenshots here if you want or send them to you directly. btw, Glad to see you using probuilder!

31. sr388

sr388

Hi @ron-bohn. Long time.

Yeah, I really want to give different options for documentation, faq, video tutorials and online doc to the asset once the update 2.4d is finished, so I will take a time to work on all these elements while alternating working on main elements of new update 3.0.

Thanks again for your help with the web, it has been a really huge support. For those who doesn't know, @ron-bohn help me with the web of the asset, literally he built the place and I have (and want) to configure it and work on its aspect, update the content with the current features list, add gifs, captures, videos, etc... Infinitely grateful men. I wanted to started with it a long time ago, but between the update and other stuff, I have barely had free time.

About the levels, of course, I would love to see them, feel free to show captures here and if you want, I can include it in a new demo for GKC.

And yes, I really like probuilder, have been using more in the last weeks than even before. I have been working mostly in level design for the new demo those last weeks and I like how everything is working.

Yesterday I took a break from this level design and add a new option in the grab objects system to allow the player to grab physically objects, carrying it in his hands (the previous system only allowed to carry the object floating close to the player, but with working physics too), combined with IK. Also, for first person, the object is carried close to the camera.

On this grab mode, objects still having collisions, but they are ignored between player and the object itself, to avoid issues.

Also, the place where player's hands are placed can be configured separately in every object that is able to be grabbed.

This system also doesn't need to be in aim mode in third person to grab an object, due to I have added a new component an a trigger detection to manage a list of possible objects to grab, and similar to use devices system, it can show a panel placed in the screen position of the object and an option to select the closest object to the camera center with a max distance value. Also, an object can configure the movement speed value in the player, so it can configure a slower walk movement for bigger or heavier objects.

I will show it later today. I have also added an outline shader option to grab objects and use devices, allowing to set the color and the width of the outline so you can see better what object can be used.

Regards.

tgamorris76, Mark_01, hopeful and 5 others like this.
  32. bathyscaphe

bathyscaphe

Hi) What do you think about Discord channel? So every people need help but you own time is limited. Maybe better to help through community) what do you think about that?

sr388 likes this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Yes, it was discussed recently on this forum and it is planned to be made shortly after finish update 2.4d, but probably it will be opened before, once the beta of this update (which will be shared) is ready.This channel will be accesible to anyone, without condition.

I still working on the new level but it is mostly done.

Regards.

DrOcto and tgamorris76 like this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here some gifs of the grab objects physically option and the outline shader option for objects to grab and devices:

This config searches the closest object to the screen center with a maximum distance amount.
    grab system 3.gif

grab system 4.gif

The object changes from third to first person to a specific position and parent in the player.
    grab system 6.gif

grab system 8.gif

In this one you can see the movement speed is lower, configured as 0.5 the regular speed.
    grab system 11.gif
    I am not able to make littler gifs with only 4mb limit so more gifs in the next post.

35. sr388

sr388

Pickups taken with the interaction button are managed as both, object to grab and devices to use, which are added to the inventory or using to refill health, energy, ammo, etc.. (these kind of usable pickups will be added to the inventory for update 3.0).
    grab system 12.gif

grab system 13.gif

Weapons pickups are also managed as object to grab and devices.
    grab system 15.gif

grab system 16.gif

You can also grab physically objects at distance, according to the inspector config.
    grab system 18.gif

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  36. sr388

sr388

And here the last one:

grab system 19.gif
    Regards.

37. bathyscaphe

bathyscaphe

Hi) New Day - new problem) I need your help bro. So player have raycast for scannig walls that provide that player cannot stand up while crouching under the obstacles. This Ray colide with everything - but I need to have additional trigger colider at the player. It cross with that ray ( and it causes bug when my player can not stand up after crouch) and I can't find how addet layer/object to exeption object of this ray. The same problem with that trigger collider and camera that avoid ostacles - camera collide with that trigger and start flying as hell. Adding trigger to layer player is not working. So pease - help with it)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  38. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

A few notes...

1) I need to make some original skyboxes for these scenes. I originally made these testing with weather systems, so that's why I don't have them made already. I also currently have a secondary normal that I did not make. Everything else is 100% original/made from scratch. I also made these in Unity 5.6.5 so I will need to update it with the latest. Some thing with lighting have changed. There are a lot of other notes. I'm thinking of making some pipeline templates because all of the different options and combinations Unity has are very useful, but can also be extremely confusing even after reading the (very good) documentation Unity provides.

2) The outdoor scenes use 1 directional light and no GI so they could look a little better. What you see is all 1 combined object...This could be optimized even further. Having one huge combined object like this is not good for many GI set-ups especially baked. Although not pictured, I have tested these same scenes with environment/weather assets like "Enviro" and gets around 600 fps for the same 1 km low poly city you see below. I originally made these to be compatable and look best with Enviro and Sky Master Ultimate, so that's one reason they don't look better. They look great with these weather and day/night assets.

3) The indoor scenes use realtime GI and emissive lighting. This is a very different approach compared to the outdoor scene. On these (at the bottom) all of the objects and faces are separated to bake the realtime gi. They also use reflection probes and lighting probes to make sure that real-time objects match the environment (like the player in 3rd person player, enemies, loot, etc).

4) There is also another option that I recommend testing GKC with and that is baked GI lighting. Another user (who seems very knowledgeable and wise) mentioned that GKC should be tested with various real-world set-ups / pipelines (or maybe even have demos). Everything you see in these pictures uses only a few textures (like 3 or 4). This means that we could potentially make demos for different pipelines with a minimal impact on the size of the asset in hard drive space.

39. sr388

sr388

Hi @bathyscaphe.

Mmmm, I am not totally sure what you mean. You have added a raycast to the player to detect and obtain info from surfaces, and that raycast is detecting the player, is that what happens?

In that case, make sure you have a layermask configured in that raycast and that the layer "player" is ignored, to avoid to read the player collider.

About the trigger, you have added a trigger to the player, and that trigger is making the player a weird behavour in his position, right? That could be due to the layer used on that trigger, make sure to set it as "Ignore Raycast", to avoid any issues with other raycast used on the player, like the one used to detect ground. With that setting you will also avoid the camera collision from detect that new trigger. Also, make sure that collider is configured as trigger.

Tell me if is what is happening to you and if these steps fix the issue or not. In other case, tell me more about it.

Very cool scenes. The second scene seems pretty nice with that ligth work, reminds me to games like Myst.

They could be definetively used on GKC demos.

Nice, it seems pretty optimized. Do you mean the city scene has 1 km size? 1000 units on unity? This could be used for example for the future traffic system along with AI walking around.

Also, it could be used to make an open world scene, with different missions, vehicles, mechanics and similar, including most elements from GKC, including different game style aproximations, like GTA V (with the future system to change between different characters for the current player in real time).

Yeah, in fact, I have started to see a little to baked light and probes, to make a better light in the new demo scene, since most part of the that level is an on interiors, so it needs other light system than directional light.

You are totally right, I want to make test on this kind of scenarios precisely for the reason you said. Also, along with the new spatial station demo scene and the other one which will replace the standard version from GKC, I want to add more demo scenes for update 3.0, with more specific cases and features, having better example of different configurations and systems that can be achieve with this asset.

So yes, feel free to share these scenes once you consider they are ready (of course in the case you are agre), so I can see the further and think what elements could be added into them to make different demo scenes. And again, thanks @ron-bohn, you help is always huge and very appreciated :D.

Regards.

40. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

Thanks! I will move forward with them.

Yes, the city scene has 1 km (1000 units on unity). We could also try larger in the future if you want...4x bigger (4 square km) would run just as smooth the way it's built. Using with a traffic system and ai walking around is exactly what I intended for this scene.

Ok cool. Sounds like a plan. I'm very excited!

EvilGremlin, sr388, neodotca and 2 others like this.
  41. sr388

sr388

Noice. Thanks again for your help @ron-bohn.

I am very excited with what is comming with 2.4d and what will on 3.0.

Regards.

42. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

Do you happen to have a roadmap anywhere for us to peek at?

EvilGremlin and sr388 like this.
  43. sr388

sr388

I have a doc filled with a lot of elements planned to do in the next updates, but I haven't decided yet what update 3.0 will contain exactly.

But I want to take a short break to organize this future feature list and also to translate it (I have the bad habit to write them in my mother language instead of english to write quickly to avoid to forget the new ideas haha).

For example, for update 3.0, these are the main elements that will be added (and more will be included):
    • Armor/cloth system with all kind of stats and highly customizable
    • Improved third person movement and new animations
    • AI for vehicles, so humanoids will be able to drive them and use the weapons from these vehicles to shoot at targets automatically. Vehicles will be able to be driven by them self and shoot at targets as well, allowing to give order to vehicles like the player can do currently to AI characters
    • Shop/vendor system to buy/sell stuff, including weapon, upgrades, inventory objects, skill points, ammo, all kind of stuff
    • Experience system and a system to configure achievements to improve the player, weapons, vehicles, etc..
    • All pickups will be able to be managed on the inventory
    • The rest of info which should be stored in a file to be loaded/saved will be included
    • More weapons/tools, more behaviors to projectiles, more powers, more abilities (these system are already very modular for update 2.4d so it is very easy to add new ones), and mechanics related to physics and games like infamous, control and dishonored
    • Add systems to slice characters and 3d meshes similar to metal gear revegeance and dead space, including the ability to rotate the sword/weapon to select the direction of the cut
    • Grappling hook
    • More vehicles types for air, ground and sea, including the cargo system to place vehicles inside other vehicles, and the option to walk and move inside vehicles, including a train system
    • System to make driver and passengers on a vehicle to shake and move their bodies dynamically according to vehicle speed, turns, impacts, etc...
    • Improvements for AI
    • Inventory for the AI characters that can be taken once that character is dead
    • Split screen system with multiple characters on screen and input management of multiple gamepads, allowing to make games like a way out, portal 2, left 4 dead, resident evil 5 and 6, etc... with different genres, like adventure, action, shooter, survival horror, puzzles, etc...
    • Ability to switch between characters in the game, similar to GTA V or resident evil revelations 2
    • More mechanics related to space, like vaccum, oxygen, hull breachs and objects being pulled to outher space, an automatic land and take off system for ships and spatial stations, etc...
    • More type of devices, puzzles and interaction elements
    • Armored surfaces that will have settings that will determine how much resistance they are against projectiles, including ricochets, piercing bullets, explosive, etc...
    • Weapons that overheat, can have charged shoots, secondary shoots and can received damage, break and be repaired
    • Cinemachine integration and improved cutscene system
    • Initial version for dialogue system and improved mission/quest system from 2.4d
    • Stamina system
    • Use of gamepad on mobile
    • More options for the locked camera system and tank control, like auto aim, rotate 180 degress, aim forward, up and down, and more old school elements
    • More 2.5d mechanics
    • Improvements for point and click, top down and isometric views
    • More hack mechanics similar to watch dogs 2
    • Dual weapons with a system similar to wolfestein to configure which weapons are carried in what hand
    • Crafting and survival mechanics including construction of structures
    • Pooling system
    This is part of the planned elements for 3.0 that are 100% confirmed to come and there is more that will be added (I will tell more once I get the todo list more organized), including improvements from previous systems too. Other elements will come too, like full body awareness, melee combat system, animations for weapons in first person, swim, climb, online multiplier, etc... but some of these could take a little more of time, so I can't confirm totally that they will be in 3.0, but they will come as soon as possible.

And of course, if anyone see that some feature that you would like to be included or is not on this list (it is probably I am forgetting a few of it), please, don't doubt to suggest it.

Regards.

44. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Will bow and crossbows be added?

sr388 likes this.
  45. sr388

sr388

Absolutely.

StevenPicard likes this.
  46. hopeful

hopeful

Quite the list! But it doesn't mention sticking and slipping mechanisms. ;)

Looking forward to nearly all of it. So many good things there!

sr388 likes this.
  47. 3DWizerd

3DWizerd

Got to have a melee system, been waiting patiently.

sr388 and magique like this.
  48. magique

magique

For me the most important new features would be Melee System (Sword, Shield, Bow, Dual Wield, Two-Handed), and Improved AI. Those would make it possible to use GKC for RPG game.

EvilGremlin, sr388 and StevenPicard like this.
  49. Muppo

Muppo

@magique Don't forget Quest and Dialog features, a must have in any good ARPG

sr388 likes this.
  50. magique

magique

I use Dialogue System by Pixel Crushers so I already have that functionality.

EvilGremlin, Razmot and sr388 like this.