Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.5%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Just a quick progress update.

I have been working on the AI to make it a little better in the nav mesh management and improve the perfomance, reducing the amount of times that the nav mesh components are used and storing the path to walk instead.

Also, I have configured vehicles as nav mesh obstacles so the AI avoids it properly when they get on/off or if it is between their target. Also, they located correctly the path to vehicles when these are their target even if they are nav mesh obstacles, though there are elements to polish yet.

Btw @neoshaman, I have added a bounce effect when a character enters/exits in a vehicle, it will be configurated in all vehicles, thanks for the idea.

bounce3.gif

The bounce needs to be improved too.

I just need to work on a quick few elements of other systems and the update will be ready.

Regards.

Wetw0rx and tgamorris76 like this.
  2. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

I can confirm the same GKC UI issues for me on 2017.3. hopefully, the next unity update will fix it...

3. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Works fine now that i have created a new player in 2017.2.2

4. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

2017.3. and most of the gui graphics center at zero

5. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Hi sr388, can AI use turrets atm? if not can u add it with the update if poss ability to use turrets on vehicles

hopeful likes this.
  6. sr388

sr388

I will make test with 2017.3 as soon as possible to check if the UI problem can be solved or not and if other peoples have had problems with unity UI in that version too.

Not yet. I will add this ability in the next update to get the current one finished before. In that update, I will make the AI able to uses vehicle weapons while they are inside of them, assigning that weapon to a specific seat in the vehicle, like in halo:

Johnson-warthog.jpg

Also, the cargo system, automatic weapons for vehicles, and very probably, some more improvements for vehicles like options to carry objects in them (ammo supplier, luggage, etc...) like in half life 2 vehicles.

Regards.

neodotca, hopeful, Wetw0rx and 2 others like this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Another quick update.

I have finally finished the resident evil 1 mansion, adding all the rooms and map parts which weren't present yet.

This has been very useful, not only for the demo itself, but to realize of elements to improve in the whole map system and map creator and now is like 300% better, with a better editor workflow, more gizmo options and being more quick to use and intuitive (I have to add some new parts to the documentation about these new options for the map).

Anyway, I have added an elevator too and it worked very well with the locked camera system, so the camera inside the elevator moves with it.

Here a gif with a puzzle to unlock the evelator:

elevator2.gif

I have also configured all the triggers in the demo to activate every map part room by room while the player walks throught the mansion (like in other games, where the map is shown according to the rooms where you have been).

Another option very useful is the possibiltiy of rename every name part, so every room, corridor, etc.. map can have a name to easily configure other elements like the icons that belong to that map part and the rooms or floors that a map pickup unlocks in the map window. And like always, these list are dinamics, according to the elements configured in the map, so the floors and floor map parts are shown in these custom inspectors:

map manager1.gif

map manager2.gif

And here a gif with all the elements configured in the mansion for the map and the locked camera system. It could seem a lot, but believe me, it is really easy to configure and all the gizmos can be hidden as needed.

map manager3.gif

I have wanted to focus a little bit in the locked camera system due to it will be used for the point and click, the isometric and the top down view.

And here another quick video with the mansion test:

Right now, I am inside the schedule, so if everything goes well, the update will be ready on saturday.

Btw, here the current changelog so far:

Regards.

neodotca, Wetw0rx, EN_Games and 2 others like this.
  8. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Oh yes that joystick bug sorry I am a little late reporting yes I can use the joystick but then it cuts the keyboard controls out and even if I press the ''change controls button''; it doesn't change back to the keyboard , also you can't change the joystick controls to what you want them to be

9. sr388

sr388

I haven't been able to test it yet the issue of unity thinking there is a gamepad connected when you unplugin it.

About cutting the keyboard, that was my fault, I added a modificacion to the future support of multiple gamepads for more than one player. A checking was added to only enable keyboard or gamepad, so it is the reason why only one of the work at once.

I will add an option to allow to use both controls at the same time like before. Also, I will check the unity gamepad issue when the update 2.4b is ready, which is almost done.

Regards.

Vampyr_Engel and tgamorris76 like this.
  10. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

OK Thank you very much

11. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Wow. Really good update.

BTW, is there an easy way to add a fuel gauge to the aircraft cockpit? I would put it right by the health and boost gauges. Also, in aircraft with weapons disabled, can the weapon indicator in the cockpit be turned off without disturbing anything else? I'm pretty sure it can but I haven't tested it.
    Also, how can I make a trigger that recharges vehicle boost? Currently, I just set vehicles to slowly regenerate it but it would be nice to have the option to recharge it with a trigger like the heal, energy and fuel triggers.

sr388 likes this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Thanks men.

The HUD inside the cockpit is managed by a separated script (called Ship Interface Info configured in the vehicle itself), so it is easy to add new elements to be shown (in this case the fuel).

I will add the fuel gauge on it and combined with the option to hide the screen HUD on vehicles, it can make a more realistic feel by making the player to look on the cockpit screen to check the aircraft state. And also another option to disable weapon indicator.

The triggers to recharge boost are already included for the udpate 2.4b. It is the same component used to heal, damage, give or take energy/boost and fuel from any character and vehicle and can be configured which of these values changed in these objects.

upload_2018-3-18_19-58-0.png

Regards.

Wetw0rx and tgamorris76 like this.
  13. Mark_01

Mark_01

Hi there

This looks like a great kit and I can see Two Cubes is very active and friendly developer.

I am looking more to wanting to make a RPG type game, more with Magic and Swords ..
    I might have missed it but is there a way to have spell casting as well ?

Plus is it fairly easy to disable the stuff you don't want or need ? Or will the kit complain
    if something is not being used ?

And there is a first person mode ? I had down loaded, not the latest demo but the demo before that,
    and I started the first person mode part and it was not in first person, or i missed a Key input to change it.

Last question, I am kind of hoping that I can find a kit that can be adaptable for VR ( oculus rift ) ...

Congratulations on such a good kit, and all the hard work you have put into it :)

sr388 likes this.
  14. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Oh yes and guess whats come out recently

Battlezone 2 Combat Commander (Remake)

What Is Battlezone Conbat Commander

Yes Battlezone 2 is now available on Steam no need to go to BZScrap to get a download its been remade and remodelled for today

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    sr388 likes this.
  15. sr388

sr388

Hi @Mark_01 and thanks for the comment.

For magic, the most close is the power system which is very customizable, allowing to configure any type of power, from launch projectiles with different behaviours to activate actions like push objects, change position with objects, etc...and more types will be added.

How would you like to have the spell casting? any videogame to have a referenc? Like that, I could take a look to add that system too.

About swords, melee weapons will be added very soon, in an update focused in the player weapons, like dual weapons, shields, bows, lightsaber, etc...

Yes, all features can be easily enabled and disabled via inspector, so you can use only the features that you want. In fact, I will include more demo scenes with different options enabled and disabled, to show the possibilities of the asset.

About the first person, of course, this mode can be configured to start the game in third or first person view, also with options to allow to change or between views, so you can make only a first person game, only a third person game or both. Maybe I made a mistake adjusting the first person demo, I will check it to see what happened (the default key to change views is V).

For VR, I would like to work on it, since I am really curious to see that kind of control. But unfortunately, I neither have oculus or htc or even a pc powerful enough to use them right now. But if I can get to save enough money I could get a better pc and a VR kit (no matter if it is already used if works properly). Since some months ago, the asset store revenue is my only incoming, so I will work harder in this asset (and new ones).

Regards.

16. Mark_01

Mark_01

Thank you for your reply, I don't really have any kind of pictures I could post .. for magic type casting ..
    But I was thinking too that the power system might be the place on how to maybe add in that behavior there.
    I played Final Fantasy XI on line a few years back. It could be kind of like throwing a grenade, maybe.

Any type of ranged attract could maybe be adapted. I should say I have zero coding skill, so i can not
    appreciate what I am asking, and I can tell you have a lot of plans and Game kit is much different then
    some of the other packs and that's very good :)

I have Emerald AI and I saw it will be compatible with Game kit soon, that's very good too. :)

Vr is still a ways to go i think and for you not a huge rush, plus yes I know it's hard living these day's
    every thing costs a lot .. I was thinking VR because of how you can use the powers to push objects etc .

Even tho I don't have Game kit yet, I very much like all the effort you have put into this and
    as far as I am concerned you are a good developer.
    Thanks very much for your time. :)

17. Mark_01

Mark_01

I should add I did not push the V key to change that View from 3d to first person...
    So it was " user error " am sure of that. I just thought it would start in 1st person.

18. Baconation4

Baconation4

Hi there, loving the kit so far. Have come across a small dilemma at the moment. Looking to have the player enter the scene in a crashing ship, then being able to get out of the ship while the ship remains "dead".

The issue I am encountering seems to be that the player is able to re enter the ship on the key press from basically an infinite distance. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing to adjust the distance in which the player is able to interact/enter the vehicle to about a yard?

Also was curious about any sort of timed self-destruct possibilities? Example being the crashed vehicle has some sort of core malfunction and explodes after a certain time using the explosion physics within the kit. If that isn't implemented at the moment, is it possible to tie the vehicle destruction into a button or a trigger?

EDIT: Another issue I was encountering was the camera not being switched back to the proper parent on vehicle destroy when the player is in the vehicle and the option for eject player on destroy vehicle is checked. It always seems to wait a few seconds then an error comes up in the health script I believe in regards to the camera transform.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    sr388 likes this.
  19. hopeful

hopeful

I don't remember how health is set up right now in GKC, but it can be a component that has an array of triggers. Thus when health gets to X percent a component is enabled/disabled, when health gets to Y percent another component is enabled/disabled, etc.

Then you add a time delay component. The trigger in the health component can enable the time delay, and the time delay can be set to enable / disable another component (like an explosion) when the time has elapsed.

This way you could set it up so that if the vehicle's health hits 70%, flame smoke FX appear, if it hits 80% there's small flames, 90% there's more flames and smoke, and either at 100% it is set to explode, or you have the time delay hooked in so that maybe an alert goes off, giving the player a couple of seconds to bail, and then the vehicle explodes.

You could also set up a time delay component to fade out a character after it has been defeated, or you could set up a time bomb by attaching the time delay to an item where the timer starts on instantiation of the bomb by the person planting it.

Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Hi @Vampyr_Engel.

Oh yeah, this will come handy to improve the AI and add strategy options for combat. Maybe even some modes of tower defense in real time and by turns. Really interesting.

Thanks to you for your feedback.

Mmmmm, I see, yeah, I will add the action to throw grenades for the 3d model, it will be inside the system to configure melee attacks with weapons, by configuring waypoints to make a trayectory or by using animations.

I really like VR, but when the price was revealed I was like.....ok, I am done....xd. But I am waiting that more products appear (which is happening already) and price gets lower, so I can grab one of them and add it to the asset. But you can be sure that at one point, it will be made.

Yeah, there is an integration for emerald, but it needed some additions for example to detect vehicles by the emerald characters. Also, with the new factions system of GKC (instead of the older using tags), I have to check the integration and add the parts necessary to make them work together, but this will be done as well for version 2.4b.

In fact, there are demos in the rar that it supposed to start in first person, so maybe I didn't configure correctly that demo scene to start in that view, or the scene was overwritten with another configuration (my mistake very probably). The option to change view is in other scenes but not in all, some of them are configured to just one type of view, first or third. I will check this for the new demos for the upcomming update 2.4b.

Hi @Baconation4 (cool name btw).

The system to enter and exit from vehicles is managed by the using device system component, which manages all kind of interaction elements, like computers, password panels, doors opened by button, etc... and for this, it uses a trigger to check if the player is inside that device or not (in this case, the vehicle), so if the player exits that trigger, the device is ignored.

So, do you mean that you have configured the vehice to start the scene with the player inside of it, so he is able to exit from it and start the game, right?

How big is the trigger used in the ship, the one that uses the tag vehicle? It shouldn't be much bigger that the vehicle itslef. I assume that you are using version 2.4a, tell me if I am wrong.

I will check if this doesn't work properly and back here.

The self-destruction function is not added to be used by the player, but to be used in editor mode, using a button from the vehicle HUD manager inspector to destroy the vehicle as debug option.

But adding that action to be used by the player is really easy, also with a timer for it. I will add it right now. It could be also used as a weapon, you drive towards a group of enemies, activate the self-destruct and jump from the vehicle, which run over those enemies and then explodes......brutal xd.

And about the camera problem when player is ejected, I will check it as well, maybe I forget to add a check in the code.

Sorry for these problems.

Exactly, thanks for the explanation @hopeful.

Any functions can be configured when a character is damaged, though for vehicles there are not such options, due to I didn't find any useful action for them, but I was wrong. I will add the same function calling option for vehicles as well. They will be used for AI for vehicles aswell, so vehicles can get orders when they are damage or destroyed.

Also, I will change the current functions type of these elements for unity events, which allows to configure these calling to functions much easier, instead of the current system where you need to write the functions instead of selecting directly from the object to call.

Though I think @Baconation4 was asking about a different element, or at least, that is what I understood. Lets see his answer.

Regards.

Wetw0rx, Baconation4 and hopeful like this.
  21. neodotca

neodotca

I was browsing the store and came across this controller, i do not try to make a comparison, GKC has way more features, but the animations are impressive for a first version, take a look

22. sr388

sr388

Yeah, I saw it yesterday, it looks cool and has some interesting ideas. I know the main weak of my asset are the animations, though they always can be changed for better one and I will improve the animator management to make easier to replace animations.

Also, a friend is helping me with this, working on the animations for the swimming system and new ones after that.

Regards.

23. Baconation4

Baconation4

Thanks for the response, and hey, don't feel bad about any issues! I have tweaked a fair amount of things, so it is definitely possible that I have done something I wasn't supposed to in terms of enable/disable and such.

I really appreciate you taking the self destruct idea and deciding to implement it in a way in the pack, I'm looking forward to it now and definitely can move to another section of my project.

It is very possible I may have accidentally done something with the collider that is attached to the vehicle game object for the 'get in' device function, as it does not repeat the issue when I place a fresh unaltered 'aircraft' in the scene.

I just have to remember which collider it was and if I have it too large, or maybe just deleted it entirely by accident lol

Thank you again for the reply, and thank you for the name compliment :)

EDIT: I figured out the issue I was having with the collider, it wasn't large enough for the vehicle that I had, and the player was getting off just outside of it. Unity wasn't getting the on trigger exit queue so it was treating it as if the player never left the collider.

Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  24. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

That looks pretty cool I must say

25. sr388

sr388

I am checking all of them right now. If I found that they fail for some cause I will fix it, and if they work properly, you can tell me more about the configuration that you need or you made.

Also, I have added the self destruct option, it is very cool, you can just launch a big bomb to enemies just for fun xd.

I take into accont all the suggestions, so please, don't be afraid to tell here about them.

It have different options, like the delay in seconds to the explosion, if the passengers are ejected and the amount of force or if they just get off. In other case, they just stay inside the vehicle waiting for their deadly fate.....but player can still getting off with the interaction button, and npcs will get off as well.

Also, there is an option to disable the self destruction if you get inside the vehicle and press the button again before it explodes.

I have even added the increasing bip sound according to the explosion delay, like in the sticky grenades.

Here some gifs:

selfdestruct.gif

selfdestruct2.gif

selfdestruct3.gif

Regards.

Wetw0rx, hopeful and Mark_01 like this.
  26. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

THAT is very COOL

sr388 likes this.
  27. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Still I would respectfully say if you can is make a controller menu so people can configure their own controllers to their own controls that they like and o for the keyboard and mouse as well. I really want to test this and see if I can have Players and Player A.I and enemy A.I can fight on a round planet( sphere)

neodotca and sr388 like this.
  28. ApexofReality

ApexofReality

is the code in this asset very modular? because I am interested in added my own code in.

29. sr388

sr388

Thanks men, it can be used in any vehicle.

Do you mean for external gamepads or to configure the animations of the controller?

In the first case, yeah, it will be added for the udpate 2.5 along with all the rest of the elements for the gamepad, like configuration menu in game like with the keyboard, interactable menu with the gamepad and other improvements.

In the other case, it will be added as well in a future update.

About the AI in the planet, I still have to work on the nav mesh using the gravity power, but according to the improvements that unity made to the nav mesh system, this will be possible, at least for different surfaces and I thinkk it will work in circumnavigable objects.

Hi @Intelligent_pie.

I would say that more or less is modular, according to what you want to mean.

For example, most of the components can be removed without problem, though the functionalities managed in those components would be removed with them.

If you mean if features can be disabled, yeah, every feature can be disabled if it is not necessary.

But I work on this in every update, to improve the code, simplify elements and making them as independent as possible.

If you mean another thing or have more doubts, tell me more about it.

Regards.

30. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

I meant to configure external controllers such as Joysticks,Gamepads e.t.c and thats cool if you can use Navmesh for A.I around a planet Ace

sr388 likes this.
  31. ApexofReality

ApexofReality

Thank you I'll buy this asset some time from you. I am very intrested in the code it has to offer and if it possibly has new techniques I can learn from it.

sr388 likes this.
  32. sr388

sr388

Of course, the custom input manager will be improved to allow to configure different kind of axes/actions list for different player modes, like regular movement, weapons, vehicles, examining objects, using differnet menus, etc... and the gamepad will work in the same way, including the menu to configure these list in game too and navigable menus with it.

About the navmesh, yeah, I haven't been able to test enough the new unity navmesh with the AI to try the gravity system with them (just a test where the AI changed from the ground to the wall and it worked perfectly), but for update 2.5 it is highly probably to be included.....I can't wait to quick enemies asses in ceiling.

Thanks for the purchase men. Of course, one of the objectives of the asset is to be used as a learning tool, to show how different elements can be achieved or made (at least, the way I think how they could be made, sometimes imagination is a powerful friend haha).

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I just want to publish a mail from an user (Mike G.) with some questions about the GKC that I find interesting as a faq for some elements in the asset.

Here the questions/answers:

Is the vehicle features on this strong enough to be used as a focus point of the game? Ie. if I use mainly vehicles rather than a humanoid as the character… is the gameplay of these vehicles strong?
    Well, I would say yes, it is strong enough, not for all vehicles at their current state, but I would say so. The good part is that the component focused in how the vehicle is controlled, the controller of the vehicle itself, can be easily changed for a better/different code (even other vehicle controller from other assets), so it still having all the other managers (health, energy, damage, boost, seats, passengers position, IK management, input, etc....) and you can add your new controller code very quick.

But of course, the control of these vehicles will be improved, for example, the aircraft will have better realistic control and more scifi features like barrer roll, turn around in the opposite direction, etc...

Can I switch out the vehicles models and such?
    Of course, most of the prefabs in the asset are made to be easy to replace their models with new ones. For example, in vehicles, all the meshes are a child of the Chassis gameObject.

Can I add/edit the vehicles weapons? Or use other Unity Assets in combination with it… ie. a cannon or a laser or rockets?
    Absolutely, the vehicle weapons, like powers and player weapons are totally customizable and have a huge amount of options, for the physics reaction with the objects where impact, fire rate, speed, if the weapon is automatic or not, if the projectile is explosive, imposible, explosion radius, force, amount of projectiles to fire in every shoot and position, shells to create, if the projectil break through objects or not, scorch to use, sounds, particles, if they homing a target, if it is a seeker type, if the projectile moves in straigth line or using a trayectory, if the projectiles moves with a velocity or they are placed directly in the hit position, if they follow the camera direction or just shoot in straight line, etc....

This same configuration is used for weapon for player, vehicles, npc with weapons and powers. And just like the vehicle meshes, you can change the weapon mesh as well.

Can I have it where a player starts out in the vehicle?
    Yes, this is managed in the IK Driving Manager component, it allows to configure the position and rotation of the player in the vehicle seat and where his foot and hands are placed. Also, with the update 2.4b which is the current and almost finished, you can configure any number of seats with the same options for other npcs and when split screen comes, for other players.

Can I have it where NPC’s – ie. the enemy are in vehicles and can shoot the player from vehicles?
    The seat system allows to configure where the driver seat is placed and then, the passengers, so like player, you can configure where these other seats are. But right now, the AI can't shoot while is inside the vehicle, they only go with the player, in this case, the faction which is friendly with the player.

The enemy AI won't get on vehicles because the AI for vehicles, which is the one who will drive, is not finished yet, so the enemies could enter and exit the vehicle, but they wouldn't move since nobody (player or AI) will drive it.

But after 2.4b, I will work on this, so vehicles will have AI able to drive and use the weapons to pursuit player and other npcs. Also, the friendly AI will be able to drive too, so player will be able to get on in the turret seat while the AI drive to a destiny configured by the player or a target configured previously.

About use other weapons, the idea is to add enough options to configure any kind of weapon, real or not, and with the ability system for weapon and projectiles, new behaviours can be added to create new kind of weapons, like the current laser mines and sticky grenades for the udpate 2.4b.

Can I use an asset like this to create the level / map with your asset: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/terrain/worldcomposer-13238
    Of course, it shouldn't be any problem in use other assets to create the level scene or use other kind of terrain, the collision with them will work without issues. And even if something weird happen, I could take a look at it.

Does your kit allow me to have the ability to keep track (ie. save the data) of lives, points, waypoints, etc. from scene to scene (level to level)? Ie. a player has a score of 38403, 2 lives, these weapons, this inventory, his kill stats, these skills, etc. he just finishes up this “map” (scene) and goes to the next one and those stats go with him to that next level?
    Of course, with the improvement of the save system for update 2.5, any important data and stat will be stored and saved, and will be load between scenes, for all elements which needs to use this info, like inventory, weapons, skills, experience, game info, diary, missions achieved, doors or elements unlocked, elements scanned, etc....anything that needs to be saved between plays, it will be saved.

Btw, due to the health system allows to configure an unity event to call a group of functions when a character damage zone receive damages or when they die by damage in that zone, like for example a shot in the head or in the chest, I ask myself, why not add a bullet time when an enemy dies with a shoot in the head?

So I have configured that unity event to do this, of couse, it can be removed or disabled. The unity event call to a function inside a litte script example, so you can configure any kind of event on this damage reaction. In this case, when the character dies and the last damage was in a damage receiver, in this case the head, it calls the event.

But then I said.....why not explode his head too? So I added some (not too fancy) particles and add the option in the previous little script to remove the head. Here the result:

headexplode3.gif

headexplode4.gif

headexplode8.gif

headexplode9.gif

I love unity events, it is allowing me to make the asset more modular and easy to configure.

The update 2.4b will be ready very soon, within the next couple of days.

Regards.

34. hopeful

hopeful

You might want to copy that Q&A to the first post in this thread. That way new customers are more likely to see it.

Also ... very happy to see more event driven components. :)

sr388, Wetw0rx and tgamorris76 like this.
  35. Baconation4

Baconation4

I'd love to film a clip of what I am working on right now to show how these examples are working. I have the player starting the scene driving the vehicle, which is a custom mesh I placed in, rigged the controller so the player has no control as the vehicle 'crashes' into its destination using real physics.

I'm happy to hear about the possibility of switching out controllers, as I have a very specific controller that would be perfect now knowing it can be switched out. Loving the work you've done and really looking forward to future updates!

sr388 likes this.
  36. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Hey guys lots of great activity I missed over the weekend lol.

About the player being able to get back in the vehicle from infinite distance. It has to do with the sphere collider trigger that detects the player for getting in and out. If you move the cabin or player get off distance/height values, you must adjust this collider accordingly. Because if you get out of the aircraft and land outside of this collider the prompt for getting in and out never gets deactivated. Also, make sure to adjust the Ray distance that checks if the aircraft is landed so everything works properly. Hope that helps

sr388 likes this.
  37. sr388

sr388

You are very right. In fact, I will add a FAQ into the main post with this kind of questions, so new users and possible customers can solve possible doubts.

Event rules :).

Of course, feel free to make a clip and post it here or send me for PM, as you prefer.

Btw, I checked the issue that you had with the player able to enter the vehicle from any distance. It works properly, so once he exits from the vehicle trigger, this is removed from the device list usable by the player. Also, I have checked the eject driver option in vehicles and works as well.

If you want, you can send me the project or captures or how the components are configured, to take a look at it and find what could be happening.

For the starting scene, I could add an option for vehicles to disable the control over it in inspector, so it is just a disable vehicle but the player can enter and exit from it, or add a dummy (plug, reference to evangelion xd) controller script for this same porpuse.

Yeah, exactly @Wetw0rx, I forgot to mention that, the position to get off/on must be inside the trigger, in other case it could happen that situation, at least in the current version. I will add an extra check to make sure this doesn't happen even if the get off positions are outside the trigger. Thanks for the help.

Regards.

Mark_01 and Wetw0rx like this.
  38. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

[QUOTE/]EDIT: I figured out the issue I was having with the collider, it wasn't large enough for the vehicle that I had, and the player was getting off just outside of it. Unity wasn't getting the on trigger exit queue so it was treating it as if the player never left the collider.[/QUOTE]

Oh wait, I see you got it worked out. I'm really interested in seeing some of those examples too. I'd love some controller switching action.

sr388 likes this.
  39. Baconation4

Baconation4

I thought that my edit had shown up. I figured out the issue as well, the sphere collider I was using on the vehicle controller was too small for the given mesh, so the player was never going through a on trigger exit, LOL :p

I'll double check to make sure that I am not making a simple silly mistake with the player being ejected from the vehicle on destruction and the camera remaining destroyed. I may have something in the wrong place again >.<

tgamorris76, sr388 and Wetw0rx like this.
  40. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

tgamorris76 and sr388 like this.
  41. sr388

sr388

Cool, one problem solved.

About the one with eject the player, mmmmm, do you mean that you have destroyed (or removed) the vehicle camera from the scene? That would cause an error when the player gets off.

Like I said, if you want, I can add the empty vehicle controller or the option to not drive the vehicle so your ship is just a chassis which player can get off (or eject).

Exactly, vehicle meshes with collider needs to use the layer "vehicle" and no tags. And the parent of the vehicle meshes (the one which has the trigger and the vehicle managers components like Vehicle HUD Manager) needs the tag vehicle and no layer (Ignore Raycast).

These explanations will be added to the documentation very soon, it is very probably that the next part coverted in that file is vehicle management.

Do you mean for gamepad or the empty vehicle script? Sorry to ask, I get a little confused when I read controller in some messages, due to I am not sure if it is used to say gamepad or not haha.

In case you mean gamepad, in a near update, I will add the library XInput, to have better support of gamepads, add vibration and more.

Regards.

Wetw0rx, tgamorris76 and Mark_01 like this.
  42. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Can you make it so that A.I can shoot from the vehicle say an APC that they could (and Players) could shoot from gunholes from the side? Like from the side of a ship like the Old Battleship broadsides, please?

sr388 likes this.
  43. neodotca

neodotca

Thanks, i think some animations will bring some life to the asset and by the same way to many games.

44. sr388

sr388

Do you mean something like this?

Separatistdeckgun-3.png

Sure, with the current vehicle weapon system, it just needs a little addition to assign a weapon turret to a seat, so if an AI or the player sits or gets up, the weapon is activated/disabled.

I was thinking also in this kind of turrets in different external places of the vehicle.

upload_2018-3-21_18-24-32.png

Yeah, I really want to start to work on these systems.

Regards.

Vampyr_Engel and Mark_01 like this.
  45. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Yes my great friend sr388 that is EXACTLY what I mean and I like that turret idea also you could put them on a Starship , Starcruiser or Star Carrier and have them for attack or self defense and have them attack automatically enemies

sr388 likes this.
  46. Baconation4

Baconation4

Loving all the dialogue here, makes me glad I purchased this asset.

Is there a way currently to make a turret target a specific vehicle that has no player object in it using an activate trigger such as a button?

sr388 likes this.
  47. Baconation4

Baconation4

Essentially when the vehicle is destroyed/removed from the scene while the player is in the vehicle, the player camera is destroyed along with the vehicle, and an error occurs within a few seconds as the scripts are trying to call to the now destroyed camera. This also occurs when the eject on destroy is checked active as well.

48. sr388

sr388

Exactly, they will be managed by npcs that get on vehicles or by player setting them as automatic firing at enemies or targets.

Yeah, love this forum feedback as well.

About turrets, do you mean about AI turrets in the asset or turrets on vehicle?

In the first case, not yet, but I could add turrets as friends to manage them as the current humanoid AI using a menu, so you can order them to attack to a target.

About turrets on vehicle, not ye too, AI is not configured to manage weapons on vehicle, but in the next update this will be included, so friend and enemy humanoid AI will be able to drive and use weapons on vehicles.

Mmmmm the player camera can't be destroyed, it is necessary to manage the game properly. Are you using a script to delete vehicle and the camera or something else, or the camera is being deleted without reason?

It shouldn't happen without reason. Like I said, if you are able to do it, you can send me the project or tell me exactly what configuration/changes have you made in your project to know exactly what could be happening.

Regards.

Vampyr_Engel likes this.
  49. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Oh yes I would like top make a small contribution as I have a Player and A.I script that can walk around a sphere so if you need it please get in touch, must warn you though they are very crude ( I am not that good a programmer) but they work

sr388 likes this.
  50. sr388

sr388

Yeah, I could take a look at it. If you can, send it by PM or by email.

I have been thinking in work in more space elements taking inspiration from dead space saga to bring more mechanics related to oxigen, vacuum, zero gravity astronaut movement, pressure on rooms, energy management and more.

Also, related to dead space, I will improve the health system to allow to cut off limbs and body parts from enemies and use these parts as weapons too.

Regards.

neodotca, Wetw0rx and Vampyr_Engel like this.