Search Unity

GAME: Invasion (android)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Slider_j, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Slider_j

Slider_j

Well, it's that time already! Here is a link to my new game - Invasion

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Skellingames.Invasion&hl=en

It's free to play, so if you have time, please download it and have a go, let me know what you think.
    All the crashes and collisions are pure physics based so shot down alien craft are always different, even the aliens that run around killing the scientist (and the scientist) are ragdolls, so when they get shot or (in the case of aliens) hit with missiles they always flop/fly around to the laws of unity physics! :)

Just a word of warning, this game can get loud once you upgrade your weapons, plug in your earphones and enjoy!

if you have any questions about how i did anything in game i'll be more than happy to discuss!

have fun

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  2. Slider_j

Slider_j

UPDATE - i've just rolled out a build, that scales the UI for tablets too, plus after a chat, i've been convinced to open up access to the entire world, not just the English speaking portion of it. So please, have a look at it, a test play there should be a few free crystal to get you started, which will be more than enough to get you a pretty decent upgraded starter craft (if you want to convert it to in game money) or you can buy a couple of new ships with it... your choice. Have fun, and if your feeling really nice review the game, i really want your feedback!

3. naydengamestudios

naydengamestudios

As I don't own a smartphone, the game looks nice but I don't realy like the font of the "waves" text. Also I like the movement-controls circle - looks advanced and clean. +1

Slider_j likes this.
  4. Slider_j

Slider_j

Thanks for the feedback, we do actually have an alternate font we may just implement, it's being used for a second game we have in development. If we change the "waves" font we'll have to change the font on a LOT of in game text so there isn't different fonts all over the place, so it's not a quick thing, but could probably be put into a patch that will be upcoming. Anyone else say replace the font? or anything else?

and thanks for the feedback, it's been noted for a possible change in forth coming updates :)

5. Slider_j

Slider_j

Just to let you all know, We have just released a newer version of the game with a lot of your suggestions (from this thread another thread in WIP and PM's) power-ups to bullets now apparent,better movepad (larger and with run-off buffers at the side), a new font, a LOT of UI reworking to show ALL the text (some people were missing text from displaying) settings options in the pause menu, camera shakes with explosions... oh the list goes on.
    if you have a couple of minutes download and have a look, its a freeeeeeeeeee app and there are no ads(well, unless you want to watch an ad for in game money, and even then you have to choose to do so)

6. Slider_j

Slider_j

7. John3D

John3D

Nice trailer! I like the explosions and the gameplay. Good luck with your game!

Slider_j likes this.
  8. Slider_j

Slider_j

Another update released today, This time to remove a few things in the game to basically optimize everything. To say it's only 15 days old and with no big announcement on release i think it's doing quite well, seems to be a big hit in India for some reason 100+ installs there in the last week.

For those of you telling me the FPS dropped when there were explosions, that should be hopefully fixed now at the expense of a costly and hardly noticible lighting effect.

i'd be interested in getting some peoples views on how this game behaves on their phones (i only have a couple of test devices) or some comments/reviews.

9. Slider_j

Slider_j

OK, this will be one of my last updates on this for a while, but things seem to be ticking over nicely, 800 installs since the 8th when it was first released

there's been a fair amount of updates since it's release but i'm focussing on something else for a while now and just letting this project grow in the background, here's the latest trailer

enjoy, and please let me know if you have any ideas on how to improve the game.