Search Unity

GAME IDEAS!

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by matthewww_s, Jan 17, 2015.

1. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

2. PerfectlyInsane

PerfectlyInsane

Well IMO you dont necessarily need to come up with new ideas, if you can all the better.

Your better of reusing old ones done by older games, as long as a majority of your target audience hasn't played that style of game before then it will become popular as long as it has appeal. You cant really expect the average 14yo to have played games from the 80s, or 90s. To them games like breakout or the next bejeweled clone is new and exciting. How else can you have a breakout games worse than breakouts of the 80's get a few hundred thousand downloads. Because there isn't much choice on the current OS when it comes down to breakouts styled games.

So find a niche build something better than whats out there then umm profit lol

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    GarBenjamin likes this.
  3. khanstruct

khanstruct

I'm going to make the most boring game I can think of, and title it "WoW-Killer". Maybe a match-3 game with a 4x4 board and only 2 colors.

Gigiwoo and AndrewGrayGames like this.
  4. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Be sure to add no progression of any sort.

khanstruct likes this.
  5. Fujimurakun

Fujimurakun

Politician Simulator, where you try to match what the country needs and what the people wants... like you need to deploy soldiers, which your country needs, but those stupid civilian just keep rioting said "what we need is PEACE!" something like that....

Orc_Horn_Productions likes this.
  6. El Maxo

El Maxo

MEGA BLOCKS BATMAN

BrandyStarbrite likes this.
  7. Orc_Horn_Productions

Orc_Horn_Productions

Comment Killer
    It's a clicker type game where you click your mouse as fast as possible to slap people leaving troll/abusive/pointless comments on Steam Greenlight. If you click fast enough they start writing constructive feedback.

8. Philip-Rowlands

Philip-Rowlands

Add Youtube to that

AndrewGrayGames likes this.
  9. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

And the Unity Forums!

...wait...

Philip-Rowlands likes this.
  10. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

"Unity Forums The Game!"
    No, for Real dudes! :D

Where you can play as a Unity member or as a volunteer moderator, and try to answer all newbie posts, and report/delete all spammers, on the forum, within a certain time limit. Say for eg. 5 minutes. :eek:
    And if you fail to answer, more than half of the questions/ or report/delete more than half of those spammys, and your time is up, you lose the round/game and lose points too.
    Online play is a must!
    Challenge your friends around the world, in Unity Forums online battle mode and see who is truly, the best Unity Forums member/moderator!
    Just a crazy idea I had. :D
    Lol!
    But it sounds like fun eh? :D
    Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! :D

Also coming soon to Nintendo WiiEvolution, in a store near you!
    Or Nintendo Evolution, if you prefer that name.
    But I find that Revolution, or WiiRevolution sounds nice too. ;)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  11. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Asvarduil is definently a multi-class Troll/Paladin/Wizard. The reason I have a cat face is because I tried to merge a heal spell with Polymorph: Cat. Funny enough, the healing part worked flawlessly...

12. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Lol!
    Interesting spell combination.
    Ha! Ha! :D

13. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

The S.O.B. Rogue had a Ring of Reflect. That was a dick move worthy...well, of me. As a result, I know that trick now, and intend to use it as soon as a natural opportunity for it comes up.

LMan likes this.
  14. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Interesting.
    Nice. :cool:

15. tedthebug

tedthebug

3rd person stealth game where your character becomes less visible as they get stealthier. I.e. If you can see your character on screen so can the enemies.

16. Philip-Rowlands

Philip-Rowlands

I propose that you also allow people to play as the Turscarites spammers trying to sneak into the Unity forums to exercise their right to free commercial speech! :D

17. Xavy_clay

Xavy_clay

Reverse Pokemon: You are a Gymn Leader that tries to put things as hard as posible for the ocntenders. Choose an element, train your pokemons, catch new ones, recruit trainers to fill your gymn, design your own maze, make yourself a name and aim for a spot in the Elite Four.

Of course, you have to change every single mention or image of Pokemon for a generic monster-brawler creatures, but the core stands.

18. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

You know...there's some serious potential for that one. Hmmmm...

19. Xavy_clay

Xavy_clay

The closest thing I could find is Saint Seiya The Sanctuary, for PS2. The game featured a mode where you played with the gold saints against boosted bronze saints. Was fun and challenging.

20. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

12 angry men. Your on the jury which is randomly generated from hundreds of possible people, the mob has your wife hostage, you got to convince the room that the mafia boss is not guilty, now you have an ear/piece microphone. They have a"book" with possible characters in it, and you have to describe the characters to your "friends" (they have to figure out who the people are, and figure out the best way of winning over the room).

21. Deleted User

Deleted User

I wish I could post a idea, but I am actually looking for a idea.

22. WizardZombie

WizardZombie

EVERYBODY I AM LOOKING FOR A SKILLED PERSON FAMILIAR WITH BLENDER!!!
    I have an idea for a game but I just don't have the correct assets and I cant use Blender at all. Could some kind soul please make a load of assets for me:
    2X Different School Corridors
    8X Different School Classrooms
    1X Pencil
    20X Sheets of paper with various worksheet questions on them
    5X Different Offices
    4X Different Chairs
    4X Different Tables
    3X Different Lights
    1X Gymnasium
    1X Canteen
    1X Assembly Hall
    1X Courtyard Type Area
    Various Other Assets That Fit With a School Theme

All of them need to look sort of abandoned but not as if a nuke went off.

I would also be VERY appreciative if someone could make a fully rigged and animated humanoid monsters such as:
    7X Teachers
    12X Students
    1X Headmaster (or Principal for you Americans)
    6X Janitors

I would like to thank anyone in advance. Please reply and I will give you some way to get them to me. It will most likely be via posted memory stick with all of the assets on which I will post back. Thx.

23. Murgilod

Murgilod

I hope you plan on paying for all that work because yiiiiikes.

24. Habitablaba

Habitablaba

Listen.

This is never going to happen. First of all, you are asking for an absurd amount of stuff. And second, the stuff you're asking for doesn't really make sense; You don't need 2 corridors and 8 classrooms to be done in blender. 20 sheets of paper? No. Go back and look through the stuff you have listed here and think about what the differences are between similar objects (the classrooms, the offices, the corridors, the papers are a good place to start). Likely you can get by with only a texture swap. Now look at these things and figure out how much of it needs to be actual geometry. Does the desk really need to be more than a cube with a desk texture on it? Think about how many of these things are actually multiple assets in one scene; namely the rooms.

25. Teila

Teila

Probably not unless the "VERY appreciative" means big bucks. :)

Habitablaba likes this.
  26. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Alright, here's an idea some friends and I came up with a while back.

World War II. You are an American spy. Your goal...is to capture Hitler.

You infiltrate the German army (somehow). You first get sent to France, where you partake in FPS combat and become distinguished. You then wind up on the western front (German perspective) where you are part of a tank division. You become even more distinguished. At some point, you become a member of the SS.

You are placed in charge of a concentration camp. You have to manage the camp effectively (this was not my idea, it was another guy's...he wants "concentration camp simulator," a completely non-offensive idea...). By preventing escapes and increasing production, you become even more distinguished and are sent to join the SS protecting Hitler.

Now, there's another American spy who infiltrated at the same time but with a different path. He is there too, but you don't see him much.

At this point, you're in the heart of the German command. But there's really no opportunity to capture Hitler. There are always men around him. And at this point...you start to become a Reverse Mole. The dissonance of your thought process with those around you begins to pull you apart. You start to lose your mind.

Finally. April 30, 1945.

The battle approaches the bunker. In the chaos...Hitler is left alone.

At this point, you're suffering deeply from the affects of your dissonance. You enter the room Hitler is in.

Hitler speaks to the you. You start to respond to him...in what you think is German. Hitler cocks an eyebrow. He then responds to you...in English.

The jig, as they say, is up.

You have two choices at this point. Kill Hitler...or take him and run away.

Kill Hitler:
    You bring up your pistol. The screen goes black. You hear a gunshot. Ending.

Run Away With Hitler
    You grab him and move to escape. You leave the bunker, but just as you leave...you find your American friend. Except...he was a double agent all along. He shoots you. Fade to black. Ending.

Now, the secret is that in the "kill Hitler" ending, he didn't actually die--your "friend" killed you. So if you only play that ending it seems like he dies.

So of course Hitler isn't dead. Sequel time!

27. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Done properly this could be a very good idea. Lots of fiction and science has explored the question of how otherwise decent human beings can do horrible things to each other. A smart designer could find a lot of interesting material there.

28. Farelle

Farelle

Environment survival game! You are the environment and need to survive and kill off a sudden influx of survival "players"

29. Fera_KM

Fera_KM

Please, someone make a mech simulator where I can actually press buttons and move levers in the cockpit that does stuff.
    (Think of it sort of a sci fi version of A-10C Warthog.)

I've been waiting forever for anyone to actually include the simulation aspect in a mech game...

30. Farelle

Farelle

mech simulator XD that sounds cool

31. Fera_KM

Fera_KM

I wish someone would just make it. It's on my todo list.. but realistically it's probably never going to happen as my todo list of games I want to make is getting way to big.

It wouldn't even have to be that big of a game, it could be as simple as "Carnivores : Ice age", drop inn one level against npc's or alien creatures. Anyway, I had this idea where the your cockpit would just be empty racks and you could purchase/upgrade and place modules as you saw fit. Things like, sonar, map, light, power management, damage control, radio, weapon control, etc, and it wouldn't just be an overlay UI, but you would actually have to look around in the cockpit to get information.

32. Murgilod

Murgilod

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_Battalion

33. Fera_KM

Fera_KM

Heh..

I have HOTAS controllers, I have rudder pedals, I have trackIR and 3 screens, and I have oculus.
    I have been prepared for the spiritual successor of Steel Battalion for a while.. it just never arrived.

34. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Steel Battalion. Wooah! I remember that game.
    Haven't heard about it, in a very long time.
    First thing that comes to mind, is that big, cool looking fancy controller. :p

35. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have no idea why is this thread still active.