Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Ideas! Post them here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TylerPerry, Feb 5, 2012.

1. AntoineDesbiens

AntoineDesbiens

A game where the user's progress has diminishing returns. I'd put emphasis on how awesome it is to be rewarded. I'd put 20% of all my dev hours into the visual feedback for those rewards. Hopefully that would hook my users, my beautiful innocent users who don't know any better.

Then, I'd just make the rewards/levels follow an exponential curve, constantly reminding my users that the most awesome rewards are at the end. Since the experience gained is linear but the progress is exponential, it's likely that the user would get bored when it takes too long. Since I'm such a generous soul, I would grant them the ability to progress faster, for FREE. All they'd have to do is watch a 30 seconds advertisement to get a 2 mins boost.

Oh, I could also insert some kind of treasure chests with a bunch of terrible rewards and really cool rewards at a 1% drop rate, I don't think that's ever been done before.

Can you say innovation?

2. qecyqy

qecyqy

A battlefield 3/4 clone that is actually good. Unlike some other overhyped game.

3. GameDevCouple_I

GameDevCouple_I

How about a game where the aim is not to die, and there are various things that can kill you throughout the game.

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

I think that will be quite unique, go ahead. ;)

GameDevCouple_I likes this.
  5. Resin

Resin

ICE EXPEDITION

You lead a team of 25 or so scientists, climbers, and other non-player characters on an expedition to explore a newly revealed ice crevice. Global warming has produced massive glacial calving revealing eons old ice formations and caverns that your team wishes to be the first to explore. You must choose descent routes and mission priorities, as you manage party morale, supplies, and intrigue. You must overcome various hazards such as ice storms, calving/shelf collapse, supply loss, injured party members, cosmic horror, madness, and betrayal. Lead your team safely to the bottom of the chasm to discover the secret purpose of your shady financiers.

Heavily drawing on H.P. Lovecraft's Mountains of Madness and Ridley Scott's The Thing, and the comic series White Out but with far more emphasis on climbing, belaying, and party based survival.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  6. Tom_Veg

Tom_Veg

Would love to see game similar to Startopia. I had good fun with that one :)

7. jaybdemented

jaybdemented

I had a idea a few years back for a TD game. Your a demon in hell and your goal is to set traps to torture the incoming souls.

8. ApertureGaming011

ApertureGaming011

Is this page still active?