Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Ideas! Post them here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TylerPerry, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. passerbycmc

passerbycmc

An idea has no value, its the work it takes to make something tangible from the idea that has value.

tylerguitar75 likes this.
  2. TonyLi

TonyLi

Yes! A quirky, unique idea with a reasonable scope (not "a game that's GTAV + Mass Effect + Minecraft + Star Citizen") in which the gameplay seems immediately fun and approachable. Well done.

angrypenguin and hippocoder like this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

This kind of thinking is irksome.

An idea does have value, that is, potential value. Telling people their ideas are worthless because they haven't begun to work on them is wrong. I think a lot of the time people are looking for support when they talk about their ideas and when other shut them down with a comment like "your idea has no value", well then it really doesn't. You just shut that person down.

More to the point if ideas had no value why then would even the most rudimentary concept be something people looking to make a cheap buck find worthy of copying/ripping off like all the clone games we see on App stores? Why is it that when you go to a place full of capable professionals and give talk about your idea. Then you see something like it on an app store a few months later by those very people you talked to?

Its because ideas have potential value.

Also it would be nice if some of the "ideas" posted here were actual game ideas instead of just silly story concepts for some game.

4. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

A third person shooter, except you don't shoot. You're a regular joe in a besieged city. Rarely do you even see the enemies, but you know they are there because if you expose yourself you'll get got by hidden snipers. So it's actually a stealth game. Goal of the game is to lead your family out of the city and not die.

5. ADNCG

ADNCG

An action 2D platformer where the sounds/music are human beatbox

Ony likes this.
  6. Ryiah

Ryiah

Supply and demand. An idea has no value because everyone has ideas. Implementations have value because they take time and effort.

SnowInChina and BoogieD like this.
  7. ADNCG

ADNCG

That's basically like saying every ideas are the same though. Don't get me wrong, I do think ideas are nothing without execution.

8. Ryiah

Ryiah

They are basically the same. They're rough and unpolished in their initial state. It's only once you start designing and implementing them that they start to take on value. At that point the differences will make themselves known. What may seem to be a good idea initially may end up being an awful one and vice versa.

People like Shigeru Miyamoto aren't known for their ideas. They're known because they're good at executing them.

9. ADNCG

ADNCG

Very true. Personally, I still prefer thinking there is such a thing as a good and a bad idea, and even if the final result is unpredictable when you're at the initial "idea" state, you can raise your odds by betting on good ideas.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  10. FrankenCreations

FrankenCreations

Definately good and bad ideas. Sometimes you don't know which you have till its over though.

11. Iceman2333

Iceman2333

I would like to see more college based sports games that involves men and women. How about you give Softball a chance please.

12. jordan999fire_unity

jordan999fire_unity

A Deathstroke game

Premise

You play as Deathstroke. Open world. You get contracts from your safe house. You have a good and evil meter which gives you a different ending. You always have to choose between two contracts. One that is a bad dude that the world would be better off without. The other a normal rich guy but you get way more money from that one. There are unlimited side missions though, and they are all randomly generated, with 5 different traits which can decrease, or increase, the challenge of the contract, but you don't know what these 5 traits are, unless you spy on the person prior to fulfilling the contract, meaning each contract is pretty unique.

Gameplay

You can rappel and brake into Windows like in Rainbow Six Siege. You can buy guns and cars and upgrade them like GTA. You have special abilities on the DPad. You can play in first or third person and this changes the abilities slightly. One ability in first person is your screen splits down the middle you pull out your dual sidearms you control the left hand with left stick the right with the right stick and you shoot each with both the left and right trigger, each controlling that side's sidearm. In 3rd person that ability makes deathstroke go gun ho and shoot all around him. Another ability is to slow down time for everyone but you (kinda like how he can use 90%of his brain to predict the future) this doesn't change between first and third. To switch weapons you press Y (or triangle) if you press it once you switch to your dual sidearms, double tap it and you get your sword (or bo staff) hold the button down and you go unarmed, press once with any of these out, you switch back to your primary weapon. (You can bash people's heads in and get awesome finishers with both the sword and unarmed) The game is extremely brutal and you are always lethal. There would be a way to interrogate someone like in the PS2 Punisher game. If you want to be good, but cops come after you, this is the only time the game will let you be nonlethal. You have to either, try to evade them, switch to bare hand and knock them all out, shoot them in the kneecaps, shoulder, hand, or foot, or, if you have it on you, you can switch to your bo staff.

Story

The main story would have you following a group of contracts which reveal things about Slade's past, and things with his kids in the present. Towards the end of the game a villain tries to take over and you have to choose to either side with the heroes or villains. Depending on your good and bad level depends on your ending after that. If you have a really high good level and side with villains, they kill you after beating the villain, because they can't trust you. If you have a really high evil level and side with villains they give you new armor and weapons and tell you to make an army. If you have a high evil level and side with heroes, they thank you for helping them, then arrest you. If you have a really high good level on heroes they tell you that if you stopped killing, you'd be a member of the Justice League. You tell them you can't do that and they give you better armor and weapons. There is a wanted level like in GTA but after you fight off SWAT then heroes come. First Green Arrow, then Batman, then Green Lantern, then Flash (have to either set up traps or slow down time) , then Superman. (The only way to kill superman is with certain armor, i.e. Ikon Suit, and kryptonite bullets and sword.) If you do that you get a cut scene of everyone bowing to you because you are like a new "God". If you do this you have to do the bad ending of the game, after there is a side mission where you kill off the rest of the heroes. (Teen Titans, Titans, Young Justice, and others).

Rewards

You can also change skins and armor. If you change armor you get better defense and attack, like the Ikon suit would make you unbeatable by any physical attacks, but makes you extremely vulnerable to pysch wielders, and makes your attacks less powerful because Slade's energy is going into the suit. If you change skin you get the same benefits but some are temporary. For example, there's a side mission where after you beat it you unlock 2 eyed young Slade. You lose damage and accuracy with that skin but only temporally. After you use the skin for a while it goes away.

Map

The map itself would be a good size, but the map is made up of multiple different locations you can travel to via boat, car, or plane. Such as Gotham, Keystone, Metropolis, Star City, Central City, Midway, Coast, etc. Each of those maps, though are small, although each having different sizes, and are either surrounded by desert, water, or just long roads and grass. The only way to switch locations is by buying a ticket on a plane, buying/stealing a plane and flying it out, buying a taxi to take you outside the city, driving a car to one of the roads leaving the city, or by stealing/buying your own boat to drive out of the city. Each individual area would be small. About the size of the top right island on GTA IV. Altogether it should be a huge map though, about the size of Ghost Recon Wildlands.

13. GreenGriffin5

GreenGriffin5

I have two ideas, personally, both of which I might pursue at some point.

1. Clock Blockers

Based on the video by the same name by Corridor, Clock Blockers (W.I.P name) is a 1v1 FPS with sets of 5 classes, each with different loadouts. The game begins with both players picking a class, and facing off in a round. After one player dies, the game continues for 10 seconds. Then the players pick a different class (each class can only be used once per game) and go another round, but this time, clones of the players' last loadouts replay exactly what went down the first time, and the players can either ignore it, or interfere. This happens cumulatively over 5 rounds, with the 5th round being 5v5. After round 5, whoever has more players alive wins, in a draw, the team with the most total ammo among all 5 clones wins.

If you don't get it, just watch the video by Corridor on YouTube.

2. (Unknown title)

This one has been less thought out, but it is a metroidvania style game, with optional multiplayer. It is a fantasy medieval setting, where the player(s) are sent into a dungeon. Along the way, they see signs of company, and there are three paths to choose, Warrior, Rogue and Mage, along with two other adventurers in the dungeon. Once the player finds the first class-specific upgrade, the initial upgrade for the other two classes will be "found" by the other two adventurers, and those paths will be forever locked to the player, who must then continue through the parts that require what upgrade (s)he collected. Along the way, the player encounters the other two adventurers, who are at their respective stages in the paths they took. In the multiplayer mode (up to three players) with two players there will be one rival, and with three players, the rivals are replaced with bosses that require teamwork between the three roles to defeat. There will be a lore behind the dungeon, with pieces of it being uncovered in each path, and an expanded story in the multiplayer, where more or all of the dungeon will be eventually explored, as opposed to just a part of it in single player.

What do you guys think? I might make one or both of these, depending on the response I get ;P

14. I_Am_DreReid

I_Am_DreReid

My Game Idea : Super Surf Bro. On a bright and stormy day (lol) you and your brother go down to the beach to take part in the annual surfing competition. After watching countless other participants it is now your brother's time to rip the tides. He paddles out far enough and starts to shred the waves. A few minutes into his act he suddenly disappears under the water, panic quickly ensues as folks try to conceive what just happened. After a minute of panicking your brothers body washes to shore with what appears to be his surfboard, shock quickly spreads throughout the crowd as they see the bloody footless body of your brother. After quickly rushing him to the hospital and waiting for at least 4 hours the doctors finally come to you and explain the situation.
    Your brother has at least 5 hours to retrieve both his foot so that they can be surgically reattached or he risk the chance of becoming a double amputee. your task is to journey to the underwater kingdom where you shall find as much treasure necessary in order to pay for the hospital bill, retrieve both your brother's feet, and kill the bastard shark that committed the act so that he may never terrorize anyone else again. CAN YOU DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iddqd likes this.
  15. jccrafter9000

jccrafter9000

(yes I know this entire thread is outdated but idc)

Raenar is a game that takes place like... 800,000 years in the future. Humanity is long dead, well, kind of. The entire earth, or as it is now known by the alien race(s) who dominate the planet, Raenar. These civilizations have long since blown each other up and now reside on what was once our home planet. These aliens have taken the last few humans, extracted DNA samples and modified their bodies to be almost indistinguishable to humans. They have collected themselves together into nations ruled by kings, warlords, chancellors and one nation in the south ruled by a high council (the last refuge of the actual aliens, exonasia). I will give more on this if you want.

Attached Files:

16. FMark92

FMark92

Y, tho?

17. BoogieD

BoogieD

Do you get a bonus score if you lay a big steaming coil on the front lawn?

Meltdown likes this.
  18. richardh

richardh

Robot Wars in VR (Robots V Robots)
    An Idea ripe for VR with a ready-made fanbase and perfectly transferable to VR.

This is actually an idea I want to act on but my skills are in modelling and asset creation and I have little programming and VR dev knowledge so I'm gonna have to knuckle down and learn!

https://forum.unity.com/threads/robot-wars-vr-ar.522356/

Robots Versus Robots

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  19. martinbv95

martinbv95

Destroy All Humans! 4 (5?)
    Pox now being leader of the furon empire, Crypto has been the "leader" of the DNA gathering on earth on his own.
    Crypto, not wanting to leave earth, has made pox try to force him out. By trying to expose him as the President of US.
    -------------------
    Crypto want to inflitrate area 42, before they reveal the hidden truth about the president. Crypto. (They still have furon DNA from the first one)
    -------------------
    Needing allies crypto returns to shen long, to search the Temple for any furon technology. Coincidentily so is Natalya.
    ------------------
    Needing to contact someone from the inside in order to reveal pox's plan they head to Santa Modesta in order to contact Cryptos "friend" from home.
    (By this time, word of the supposed alien president has reached the Majestic, which has sense Crypto anihiated them in the first two games worked undercover, not unlike the MIB in the MIB movies)
    ---------------------------------------
    Crypto heads to Capitol City to defend his potition as the Majestic tries to overthrow the government.
    ----------------------
    While in Santa Modesta, Crypto learned of poxes plan to invade earth, an force crypto home. Crypto on the other hand has come to see earth as HIS planet, not to mention a place where he and natalya can live in peace, surronded by delicious Furon DNA
    ----------------------
    Heading to Bay City to talk to Shama Lama, still leader of the Arkvoodle Cult. Crypto needs reinforcment and ancient furon technology to defeat poxes incoming invasion.
    ---------------------
    (A few landing zones on astreroids here an there, mostly for odd jobs) Crypto heads into space to defeat the invasion force. (I imagine several motherships and Saucers you'll have to defeat in different ways and such)
    ------------------
    As the invasion force is defeated, Crypto and Natalya head to Turnispeed Farm in order to defeat the Majestic which has a secret lair underground, not far from where the saucer first landed.
    --------
    "And now pox, I'm coming for you!" (Last words uttered from Crypto before the game ends)
    --------------

20. martinbv95

martinbv95

^
    This is just the shell of course :)
    I imagine every town having many missions, odd jobs, and so forth as the other games had :p

21. rudrakpatra

rudrakpatra

I have an idea of a game where you are a general of a small no. of soldiers and you have to defeat many many AI based troops with your troops. Time is at your advantage.You can pause time and plan your actions accordingly. Troops having special powers and walls , cliffs ,tactics (using a small troop to aggro all melees closer and then finishing them with a splasher ) .There can be waves ,like tower defense but not exactly tower-like.Someone if tries something please email me at. rudrakpatra@gmail.com

22. DaggerrimGaming

DaggerrimGaming

I Might Actually Make This Game When I Know how To Fully Use Unity.
    A Game Set In A Fantasy World Where Creatures From Another Dimension Have Came To Earth And You As The Hero Must Stop Them.

23. liamojonsson

liamojonsson

I thought of this one game idea that’s kinda like a one of those brawler games. But it’s played on a 3D 8 bit destructible environment. You would fight pvp or pve and the characters you play as would have godlike attacks. Everything in the ‘level’ would be destructible including the ground. The levels wouldn’t be to big as to make it impossible too find the other players, and not too small so the game wouldn’t be small. The levels would be made entirely of cubes which would fall if they were cut off from any source blocks( cubes which are not affected by gravity). I’m open to any suggestions for this game idea.

24. moonmon

moonmon

i have an idea for rpg that takes place in the future but still has some medieval elements like dungeon it would be sort of episodic but open world like you can go where ever you want. each episode has a different villian bilding to the climax. im thinking 13 chapters but each chapter has levels to it. it will be class based there are 18 class and each class has three sub classes and there are 29 races to choose from if you have questions email me at moonmike22@gmail.com

25. Idawala

Idawala

Please steal my idea.

My idea is a platformer fighting game with a moving and interactive environment and super powered characters (of course).

Ok there are some important elements to this idea.

Environment:

What I meant by saying moving and interactive environment is that it is similar to injustice where if you hit your enemy on the side of an arena the characters will move to a different arena, but in this game I was thinking of removing the long ass cutscene and just making a break the wall and move to new arena.

So one arena (for example) will consist of a set of different (rooms, hallways, streets and so on) where you can travel to through while fighting each other, and the areas will be randomly generated so every fight will be different even in the same arena or stage.

And of course each stage will have different interactive objects depending on the environment.

not every character can use all of the objects, so for instance if an object is heavy only strong characters can lift it and your speed and dexterity while using the way the characters use the object depends on the strengh level of the charecter and this can work with telekinesis or super speed so each ability will be able to use different kind of items and object in the stage.

Characters:

Superhuman cartoony characters.

Be creative I guess, and good luck with that.

Gameplay:

The platformer element is important because I feel like the traditional type of fighting game limits the abilities of the characters.

I mean like superman in injustice, he feels restricted because of the traditional fighting style and the only time he can show his super powers is during the finisher move.

And for a game full of superpowered characters, they should be able to show off these powers in a creative way during the whole match.

Arena or stages:

There should be 3 types of stages.

First: a randomly generated sets of rooms and whatnot, I explained on top.

Second: the train type of stage, where the platform moves across some type environment.

Third: the basic flat arena.

Thank you to any one who read the whole thing.

And PLEASE STEAL THIS IDEA!!!

26. MindHarvester

MindHarvester

I've had one for a while, called Checkmate

Its a first person fighting game without any guns, essentially. Story is, someone accidentally unleashed the spirits of the White and Black kingdoms, and the two forces have become real. You would play as either a member of the White Royalty/Army, or Black Royalty/Army. Each map would be a real world location in shambles because of the castles and the chess-based battleground that was created. Each piece could be considered a class. Pawns are basically thieves, and mostly use daggers. They have a special ability to jump really high over other players. Knights have lances and longswords and can transform into horses, as well as kill players in any radius with their L-Attack. Rooks, stay in the castle, and can control the castle towers, breaking them off the castle and with strange metallic legs crawl across the battlefield. Bishops use magic and their healing properties, mostly, whilst Kings and Queens use longswords and Magic, though the queen uses the latter more. The main objective of the game is to kill the King, siege the castle, and get the chessboard that unleashed the game in the first place, deeming them the winners.

27. iamthwee

iamthwee

Sounds very familiar to tic-tac-toe.

28. HaraldSonntag

HaraldSonntag

Hi all game developers

I have developed small pointers where 10, 50 or 500 users can point and click to a screen. Each pointer is working like a mouse, but all simultaneously. The game gets 20 X/Y coordinates per user per second, even at 500 users. To make this work, I also developed a camera which can make 10000 pictures/second and this camera sends the coodinates together with button states to the game via USB or WiFi. The camera recognizes each pointer due to its individual ID modulated in the light beam (that the reason why it must be so fast).

Attached is a picture showing the usage in a classroom (20-40 users), but it can also be used in a cinema (max 500 users). The Whiteboard is not needed, Place the camera on a table in front of a white wall (the screen) or where the projector is located.

E.g. a game can display individual cursors for each pointer in real-time, if a pointer is moved, the cursor moves. Since pointing (e.g. with a laser pointer) is very easy, a cursor is not needed at all.

Does anybody have ideas for such games? Dose anybody know how to integrate this is Unity3D?

You can even make multi-user shooters because it is so fast.

Mail me please unity (at) ilstec (dot) com.

The website does not show anything right now, this will change once I have mass production running in China (in 8 weeks).

Harald

Attached Files:

29. iamthwee

iamthwee

A game that simulates real life, and feels just like the real deal.

Deleted User likes this.
  30. noisegrinder_unity

noisegrinder_unity

I got a couple video game ideas... I’m new to this forum so please excuse me if I sound like a doushe haha any ways
    #1 an open world game just like that level in titan fall 2 where you time travel. But instead of one level it would be the entire map, in two time periods. Gameplay would be a lot like just cause 3 but in first person. Jet pack and all. Sci fi/fantasy elements would be cool, so you would be able to have super strength to throw people around. Destrucabe environments. Throw cars into walls and whatnot. And one game play feature that’s supernatural. In order to get heath you would have to do that Shang Tsung fatality from MK2 where he soul sucks. I personal think this would be epic. I’m sure there’s a good story that can be crafted as an excuse for the the gameplay mechanics I just described...
    #2 an open world Superman game would be awesome. 3rd person. I’d say take a lot of things from megaton rainfall and just make it with Superman. Basically combine megaton rainfall, and , the spider man games,

31. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

32. sipzdolt

sipzdolt

Hi! My idea is in a document that I want to publish.

Attached Files:

33. Murgilod

Murgilod

Yeah, I'm not downloading some shady RAR file from somebody with 1 post.

34. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

ah i am so curious

35. Unknown33

Unknown33

These forums are great.

36. dapiguy3

dapiguy3

basically a massive territory game, with the following rules

1: the map is a massive hexagon made of heaxagons, having approximately 500k little hexagons to a side
    2: the map resets when a single faction or player controls more than 50% of the map
    3: a player can capture a single hexagon by spending a capture point, one of which generates every 5 minutes, but this can be modified through upgrades
    4: a player can join or create a faction. players can donate their capture points to their faction. any land claimed by members is owned by the faction
    5: a player can upgrade current territory with defenses and generators by spending exp gained by controlling territory
    6: ABSOLUTELY NO MICRO-TRANSACTIONS

37. dapiguy3

dapiguy3

so basically crossout?

38. Murgilod

Murgilod

With the amount of hexagons you are describing, those would have to be some significant upgrades, otherwise this game would take years for a match to complete.

39. Antypodish

Antypodish

Almost 6 years later ... Well that may be even his game ;)

My idea, is of having giant balls, hang in space and allow player jump between them :)

40. Murgilod

Murgilod

I have some terrible news.

Antypodish likes this.
  41. Antypodish

Antypodish

Oh no, what I am going to do now! My idea have been stolen ...
    I think time to abandon project and run away from Unity Community.
    Or ..
    I may just copy source code, and swap Mario with Mashroom. Surely no one will notice. It will be brand new cool game :cool:

42. kdgalla

kdgalla

I was thinking of a game called Flappy Pipes. You play as an endless series of vertical pipes that have gaps in them. You can flap the pipes up and down by tapping the screen. There's also a bird trapped inside the pipes that always flies straight towards the right. You have to flap the pipes so that the bird always ends up flying through the gaps.

Edit: I forgot that I already shared this idea before. here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/i-n...deas-of-games-to-develop.577453/#post-3846646

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Deleted User, superpig and Antypodish like this.
  43. dapiguy3

dapiguy3

how about a tier system, where after some time you can go from capturing a single hexagon to a group of them, say 7, which makes a hexagon out of the hexagons, then you can keep scaling, there needs to be a protection system to avoid murdering smaller players, but i think it could work

44. mobkuz

mobkuz

my game idea (that iI will probably never make):
    shinigami: the balance- basically you know those games where you have to put gears and position fans and the like to solve a problem (like crazy machines 1-3) but instead you are a shinigami (angel of death/grim reaper/etc) and have to put the layout for a final destination-esk traps to kill humans; naturally these human are supposed to die in a specific way; kinda like fate(like a piano falling on them, or having a car swerve right at them) through cause and effect gameplay. you should have one or more target and depending on who u chose(and how you kill them) you can receive positive or negative karma point, and every once in a while there should be an action beat-em-up section where u have to kill demons(if you have positive karma points); ghosts(if you have neutral karma points); or angels (if you have negative (of course u don't have to include the karma system, not the beat-em-up but its nice to have a difference-in-kind in your games (helps break the pacing))

origami (ya I know origami shinigami very Japanese themed but bare with me)-basically a platformer where you are an origami man adn have to transform in different origami to solve puzzles and traverse from point a to b (like oragami....it sounds simple on paper buts become much much complex the more ou think about it)

hay in the needle stack(working title)- an intentionally broken battle royal game, it's pretty much for laughs has instantaneous respawns, every weapon and item is OP (overpowered where it practically a one-shot kill...with a few exceptions) except for one, a peashooter which you have to deal 1-3% damage however if you somehow manage to kill someone with that you will get a score soo high its impossible for someone to beat the score unless they too somehow manage to get a kill with a peashooter (basically everything is a needle but people will search for the single hey (the peashooter))highest score win (again its mostly for laughs)

hunters game-(pretty much like PUBG or fornite but the hunger games scenario instead of guns everyone has a bow quiver a few arrows and a knife the maps are more forest like and smaller in scope, but other then other players you have to be careful of wildlife traps you and other players can make, you can forge for wood and make more arrows (which will be time-consuming), or you in scavenge for arrow you or other player shoot and or dropped...sooo hunger games...(there is this game called darwin thats kinda close but not really)

poltergeist- you are a game your objective is: a) haunt away all the people in the level; b.) find a way to move on to the after-life; c.)hide from exorcists \

Mr. Bear Pimps' Shop: (could work as a webtoon/cartoon): basically you a bear wearing a pimp hat and glasses and a pimp coat(jacket/vest?) who opened a shop in the forest and your customers are animals(literally nor figuratively), and the currencies are things that can be found in the forest (acorn, berries, maybe some fruit (another silly idea)

(i have a few more RPG games, a hack and slash game, and puzzle-platform game but I would like to work on those myself, there's this narrative focused game where it deals with time loops and time paradoxes, alternate timelines, and you can stop/slow down/ speed up/and rewind time but I haven't figured out how to implement the time-related powered (I mean its not like the prince of Persia games), nor how to make it a cohesive storyline)

45. Edwardiandrama

Edwardiandrama

So, I had this game idea, its pretty simple, and feel free to copy it or use it entirely (Though if you do let me know, I'd love to play it myself)

The ideas simple, the game would be called "Dungeon Runner" and its a 2D platformer with similar controls to something such as Super Fancy Pants, or Super Meat Boy, only the idea is to run through an entire dungeon (Short, long, randomly generated, player made, etc) as fast as possible, of course either avoiding or killing monsters along the way.

The graphics would be light, not pixelated, but still smooth, with a nice animation too it, it would be based on speed, and skill, jumping through, over, around, into the background, out of the background, sliding, rolling, wall jumping, wall running (If anyones played Altos Odyssey on mobile then you know that wall riding type stuff can be done in 2D pretty easily), I'm still questioning if it would be an endless runner type deal where you go from one dungeon to the next and try to make it as far as possible, or more similar to Cluster Truck in its level system

Also, upgrades, upgrades would be nice, no idea what kind of upgrades (If I do I'll edit this or something, Idk) but add upgrades if you use this idea, it would be cool, maybe make wall running an upgrade? Who knows, maybe you can only collect coins for upgrades off of monsters, which risks how fast you can go through a dungeon, going as fast as possible could also give coins, both, so a player would have to either go with one or the other or try to find a balance of both.

Anyway, thats my game idea, enjoy!

46. unity_UOj2BQlN6hquAA

unity_UOj2BQlN6hquAA

A game that allows you to create your own zombie shooter scenarios and play them. The game has the following features:
    - You can design your own zombies by selecting from a range of attributes (AI (how clever they are)), whether they walk or run, their clothes (eg Nazi-style, wild west, plus occupations, races, levels of decomposition etc). It also has some pre-sets that are based on zombie styles from various famous zombie movies (Romero-style, Rage style from 28 Days or the type from I am Legend etc)
    - You can choose from a range of landscapes or settings, but there's also an option to build your own world and share maps and scenarios you have created with others.
    - You can select from a range of other options such as how you win (eg survive 24 hours, reach safe house or totally eliminate all undead), how you can kill the zombies, and whether they are crowd together in 'herds' (a la walking dead) or run about individually.
    - Then of course there's weapons and AI team mates to choose from.
    Good eh????

47. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

"Big Dick Energy"

Play a male dog on a mission to mark the neighborhood -- an endless runner where you got to spray all the mailboxes, hump the little dogs for bonus, avoid the bigger dogs so you don't get humiliated (negative xp), maul the mailman for double xp, and finally have an outlet for all your unbridled big dick impulses.

48. kdgalla

kdgalla

What about a game where you play an Italian plumber named Mario? But here's the totally unexpected twist that makes it original: the game is about doing plumbing in Italy. Ah!

You have a GTA-style, open-world map of Venice. The player gets jobs on their cell phone, and then they have to go to the specified location and fix the problem. As you get more money you can buy more equipment, which unlocks more kinds of jobs. You can also buy a bicycle to get to places faster, and even a van once you save up enough.

Oh, and I guess he doesn't really need to be named Mario.

BIGTIMEMASTER likes this.
  49. Murgilod

Murgilod

Completely ridiculous, everyone knows Mario is from Brooklyn

50. kdgalla

kdgalla

Thanks for the info. This will help me prove in court that my Italian-plumber-named-Mario video game character is totally different than Nintendo's Mario and doesn't at all infringe on their trademark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.