Search Unity

Game Ideas! Post them here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TylerPerry, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trooper

trooper

How about an epic tale about a man and his dog, you play as the man and the dog at different stages of the game.

Different control systems and perks, the dog has a visualised "smell" skill and can feel when his master is under attack.

2. GabrielDLbien

GabrielDLbien

I recently had an idea for a fighting mechanic. It's for a game I'd like to design set in Feudal Japan. I realised that no games had been designed in this era without adding mythology.
    This game will be dark, and violent. The story hasn't had much thought just yet, all we have so far is that China attacks Japan.
    The idea we're proud of is how the fighting can be customised.
    Firstly, the controls are (for computer) when actually moving left, your sword slices left. Forwards, it may be a vertical slice. Crouching and sideways may attempt to trip your opponent with the flat of the sword, etc. Jumping also has it's own attacks. Each movement is obviously accompanied by a click.
    The same goes for blocking. You move in the direction of the sword, and right click to block in that direction, and so on.
    Those are the controls; the customisation bit is so that each player can have their own unique styles.
    For each kind of attack, you are given a sort of 3D editor in which you can move your character's body and limbs in whatever way you wish. Maybe you use swords with two hands, which gives them more speed, etc. Each attack has the chance to kill in one shot, so blocking is important. This means that the faster the attack, the harder it is to block. However, if it's only a small movement, it may not break the armour fast enough. In order to do so, you must do larger, more blockable attacks.
    You get the point. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

3. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

and it has to be galaxy scale open world with randomly generated planets, randomly generated eco-system and randomly generated civilisation.
    and the players can build anythingon these planets (eq: city, castle, redstone powered computer) and then other player scan use a super nuke 9000 to destroy planets. (but this one has to be paid because it's too evil)
    and it should support first view, behind-shoulder view, top view, and side view, just in case the player would like to play it in their own style.

calmcarrots likes this.
  4. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

Original Idea.
    DONUT STEAL!!!!

5. Whippets

Whippets

It shall rise again - mwa ha ha ha

Nice necro posting guys XD

6. elmar1028

elmar1028

Don't forget to split profits from kicksterter campaign and ads.

calmcarrots likes this.
  7. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

"Donut Steal" is a brilliant idea for a game.

8. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

IMO a MMO were the world is completely persistent and events happen in real time, IE city could invade another and destroy it, and that city is actually wrecked as in gone for ever.

9. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

A single-player MMORPG where you play as a unicorn that barfs, surfs, and shoots rainbows from its eyes (yes, it has to surf on the rainbow, and barf out the rainbow, using its eyes.) Get started on that.

randomperson42 likes this.
  10. randomperson42

randomperson42

Tropical Duck Armageddon

11. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

Want a title that screams to be implemented? My son came home with a shirt, that inspired me to build a new prototype. A few days later, I had a basic version running and was ready to move onto my next prototype. Good luck:

Title: "Cats on Doughnuts in a Candy Galaxy".

Gigi

AndrewGrayGames likes this.
  12. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

You used the generator, didn't you?

13. randomperson42

randomperson42

Hehe yeah. :D

14. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

Android Rocket Joe. Thats a name I got and it actually seems like a really nice idea for a 2d mobile game haha

EDIT: I also got Soviet Nazi Rangers LOL...... if I remember in history class correctly, Nazis and Soviets did not like each other haha!

15. Graph

Graph

:: Fantastic Pogo Explosion
    -- physic impulse driven game where you need to "pogo" over, through, ect obstacles
    -- tap/mouseClick
    angular differential to player controls impulse direction
    distance of tap to player controls impulse strength

go forth and build :p

16. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

Like Mount & Blade Warband! That game is so fantastic because of the world simulation! Kings can get murdered, start wars, join other factions, take over territory, become a tyrant and kill everything, and so much more. I love that game sooo much and anything that can replicate that will be a definite buy from me.

17. randomperson42

randomperson42

Universe Simulator

calmcarrots likes this.
  18. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

Actually, I had this simulator idea that I decided not to do anymore. Anyone can take it...... here it is.........
    Exorcism Simulator!

Master-Frog likes this.
  19. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

... somehow I imagined this in a much much darker Frankenstein sorft of way. "Create your first horse"
    It lives! IT LIVES!!!!!

20. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Pixellated Hillbilly Theater

I want to see this. Am I going to create it? ...Well, having an extensive background in Hillbillology (I did sort of grow up in two different towns that are their native habitat), I could, but I might come off as a smidge disdainful of that sort of lifestyle. Someone more level-headed than me should make that one.

Kermit's Ballet Strikes Again

...someone do this one...

randomperson42 and calmcarrots like this.
  21. Scytherrex

Scytherrex

I have a mmo rpg game idea thats about the anime: Is It wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon? If you havent watched it watch it so you know the concept. There should be one for all gaming platforms. It should have a dodging and magic mechanism and as well as multiplayer or campaign gameplay. Buying and selling, going into dungeons, fighting, bow and arrow, sword, and blocking mechanisms. It would be a cool game. The campaign would be based completely on the anime and when the anime part is finished you could make up a campaign. The multiplayer part will be about selling and buying from players, and being able to go to dungeon floors. The system for how powerful you are may be different so its not so confusing. somebody can make this game.

22. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

An open world RPG like Elder Scrolls, but set in The Secret of Nimh.

Ryiah and AndrewGrayGames like this.
  23. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

The secret life of mobs.

What do they really do when they are not lining up to be slaughtered? What about when you leave the game paused?

Kind of a darker themed version of "Wreak-It Ralph"

24. New12

New12

I know this has prolly been posted but from what i saw i didnt see any and dont have the time to look through each one. This idea has been tossed around by many but i am dying for a game similar to I am legend mixed with dayz.
    How cool would a game be where ur stuck in new york after some type of post apocalyptic event that either has u surviving against some type of zombie like person or just random people or both. Trying to survive and come up with a cure or something. I wouldnt want it to be as lonely as the movie I Am Legend. Maybe the game could integgrate both single and multiplayer to effect each other.
    In single player u play the story of u surviving each day looking for supplies and such and building a home. Going back and forth between present day and flashbacks of how all this began. Singleplayer would have cpu controlled zombies to kill like Last of us on ps4. Only realistic guns and such with medium amounts of ammo. Setting traps around ur home via mines u scavenge and make, maybe a turret or two if u can find enough parts etc. The multiplayer version would be similar to how watch dogs was on ps4. A person could come in and attempt to steal supplies or destroy ur home or just to kill u but only while ur within a certain vicinity of ur home site. If a person manages to kill u ur single player mode would grealty be affected maybe seriously injured for some time and u have to go out and find first aid, loss of supplies etc. during this time while injured u are unavailabe for online attack until healed to a certain %. If u managed to survive the raid but the person got away with supplies then u lose what was taken from a supply closet. Ur base is affected depending on if ur traps were set off or disarmed by the intruder having to rebuild finding boards etc. And remaking ur traps. If u want to be an intruder u would have to maybe be in ur base to find a server that allowed u to be a intruder and it takes away a certain amount of supplies. If u managed to get to their supply stash u must get out of the hot zone with stash. If ur found by the person ur stealing from then if ur shot u start dropping supplies depending on the amount of hits. If u make it out alive u take ur supplies back to ur own home or keep scavenging around or hunt zombies ur choice but u must get supplies back to ur home storage if u wish to store them cause u can carry only so much. If u were killed then u make it out with nothing and lose health and supplies. Each time u decide to be an intruder u build up a staus bar that lets others know ur a bad guy. I know Tom Clancys The Division will be out soon and is kinda similar and it got me thinking maybe their online version could be adapted into this as well. Maybe u can have another online version where u can go to a large safe zone of some type where u can meet similar minded people and play online with them in parties. Here u could set up and build ur multiplayer home site with a friend or two but maybe no more than 4. U could go out scavenge together only within the zone which is much bigger but u run a risk of running into others doing the same. After ur done scavenging or raiding other camps, or killing zombies however u choose to play, u must make it back to ur home site to be able to split up ur findings with ur crew however u like.
    If ur supplies run low enough u could maybe become sick causing u to cough and become less stealthy maybe even not being able to sprint as fast and more gun sway and recoil. Other players or zombies could hear u cough alerting them to ur location. Ur health can only be raised to a certain % say 70% while sick. If ur killed by a zombie or other player while sick each time ur die it decreases by 10%. If u reach 0 by dying 7 times while sick u have to start over, building new charcter and new home site. The only way u can heal from being sick is with ur friends at ur online safe house. This home site can only be raided if u and ur friends are in the zone so u take a big risk if u leave ur base unguarded. The cure for sickness takes some time to make so u have to be smart about taking risks if u don't want to lose ur character. The cure can't be stolen but maybe slowed down or set back if someone performs a successful enough raid on ur camp.
    As far as vehicles go I'm thinking that there definitely around maybe just not drivable it might overpower certain things. But if their could be a way to implement them without overpowering them then I would love to have them in the game.
    I'd love for multiple buildings to be accessible like being able to go to a 4th story building for sniping positions and such but not to the top of skyscrapers.
    Wild dogs and animals would also be a cool enemy to fend off during singleplayer and even being able to have a dog companion for the singleplayer part. U could give him orders such as attack, distract etc. The dog I don't think would work well in the multiplayer version. U could go out hunting for deer, birds or other animals that have came there or escaped from the zoo over all these years of isolation to get their meat to survive.
    What yall think I know a lot of people want a game like this and have given suggestions b4 but this would kinda be my ideal game.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  25. Master-Frog

Master-Frog

A game about sneaking around and stealing things and selling them without getting caught, you could hide things as well. You could even frame other players by planting stolen things. There would be police AI that went around trying to bust you.

You would have some items that were illegal and held heavy punishments for getting caught with, but were extremely valuable.

Set it in a world of candy and gumdrops.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    elmar1028 likes this.
  26. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Halloween is fast approaching... how about a simple game where you are a constable (old times) checking out noises in a graveyard. Corpses are rising from their graves. The sacred flames are all out. And to make matters worse there is a giant bat occasionally sweeping down trying to carry you off screen.

You need to run to the shed, get the whatever to light the sacred flames one at a time. Should be a trip to the shed and back needed for each one. You'll need to use a shovel or big rubber mallet to handle the corpses, bashing them on their heads and pounding them back down into the ground. Avoid the bat. Maybe add a duck feature to help with that. Light all of the flames and you clear the. Now it's on to the next stage where the difficulty increases. Make the bat appear a bit more often. Make the corpses rise a tiny bit faster. Make the corpses move a tiny bit faster.

I am seeing this in my mind as a 2d game but you could do it in 3D too if desired.

27. tedthebug

tedthebug

Why not turn it into a whack-a-mole game where you are a gravedigger & have to hit the zombies on the head with your shovel as they start to rise from the ground? Some could be extra pussy & spurt green goop when hit

GarBenjamin likes this.
  28. Khyrid

Khyrid

Introducing:
    Poopworld TM
    Everything is covered in poop. The seas are made of pee. Butt Aliens TM took over the world. You are the last human, who survived by holding his breath thus becoming purple face man. Poop gremlins are former humans turned into monsters by the aliens. They will try to spew poo at you.

Rated P for poopy
    $59.99 (plus $4 for pirate hat DLC, $2 for ridable horse DLC, $6 for horse armor DLC, $10 for double ply toilet paper health pack DLC)
    This steaming game coming to steam brownlight soon.

SLASH24 and Master-Frog like this.
  29. Master-Frog

Master-Frog

Box art

30. elmar1028

elmar1028

Bodyguard simulator.

Basically you're a bodyguard of a VIP and you must maintain security, do background checks etc. There are different case scenarios where you must carry out difficult and important decisions.
    Difficulty is based on a person you're protecting. Celebrity, president etc.

31. tedthebug

tedthebug

& time the arc of your dive to take the bullet, & a stamina run carrying the victim through a crowd while a bodyguard themed song is playing......

elmar1028 likes this.
  32. elmar1028

elmar1028

Exactly! Movie "The Bodyguard (1992)" was my source of this idea :D

tedthebug likes this.
  33. Insanedutch

Insanedutch

So the main idea is to make a town/city and rule the world. At the beginning by making a townhall or using one of the pre made designs and deploying it in the world. The world is infinite and contains lots of enemies and monsters. There are different types of builgins you can make, and you can design them yourself. Your town will become a kingdom and your kingdom will become an Empire. You can choose to walk first-person, but also view your kingdom from above with the "city manager". When you conquer more cities you can view your empire with the "World view". You can join your troops in battle with the first- person option but also watch the battle from above.

I'm a total beginner but this is just my idea, I don't think this will ever be made but I just wanted to share my idea. Please tell me what you think about it and what I could do better.

34. Radorxx

Radorxx

Horror Game

Alright I'm new but something brilliant struck me. Game Idea- the game plot starts off as perhaps you are a crew member of a submarine during some point in history. An early war as a foreign militant could make for a good character. Or perhaps a prisoner of war? But anyways your character starts off prolonged and stuff beginning backstop where your from and the first hour of gamelan would be like a day to day concept. But as the story progresses you make relationships with other crew members or your captives. Here's where the main plot starts though. My thought is that it would revolve around your characters hallucinations of maybe illness? Claustrophobia? But these hallucinations all are a representation of something bigger or with more meaning. Babadook, silent Hill in that sense. But also say you wake up from these hallucinations and go back to your normal routine. Perhaps the people around you, you tell what just happened but they have no clue and think your insane as you very much are. Idk if this is that great a sounding game but give me some response? Oh and I hope it would be stylized in a until dawn and the evil within way. because you'll be suffering through hallucinations you won't necessarily have to take placr on the sub alone.

35. Ryiah

Ryiah

With a stylized approach to the graphics similar to the Stylized Nature Pack (just happened to see it's on sale)?

36. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

I think something like Mathew Riley's Ice Station would be cool. It would play out like a modern FPS or RPG. But the setting is entirely limited to three floors of one building.

Billy4184 likes this.
  37. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Here's one that will NEVER happen, but I'd love to see.

A MOBA based on horror movies.

The creeps are now teens running through the woods, running and screaming.

The bases are now cabins in the woods.

The towers are now... Well I'd think of something!

But think of the roster!

-Jason Vorhees
    -Leather Face
    -Mike Myers
    -Ghostface
    -Chucky
    -Freddy Kruger
    -The Thing
    -The Fly
    -Xenomorph
    -Predator
    -Pennywise
    -Jack Torrance
    -Killer Tomatoes
    -Toxic Avenger
    -The Blob
    -Sharknado
    -Jaws
    -Gremlins
    -Candyman
    -Pumpkin Head
    -Pinhead
    -Jigsaw
    -The Girl from The Ring
    -The Girl from The Exorcist
    -Dameon
    -Frankenstein
    -The Wolfman
    -Dracula
    -The Mummy
    -Creature from the Black Lagoon
    -Pan and the Thin Man from Pan's Labyrinth
    -Ash
    -The Host

38. tedthebug

tedthebug

Towers could be trees, people always climb trees to escape & get trapped in them or bad guys climb the trees to spot the victims before jumping down on them.

39. jefre117

jefre117

How about a mmorpg fighting game?

It would be a 2-d shellshaded fighting game like mortal combat or something. But with ability's (skills) that have cooldowns, normal ability's whitout cooldowns, classes, stats, armour, skill tree's.

There would be pve where you can do quests, take on challangers, fight things in the world, dungeons where you would work as a team with other poeple (you could get pretty creative with the bosses), very mayby some raids but that would probebly be pretty hard to make.

Also ofcourse pvp where you would fight other poeple in 1v1 or 2v2 fights or mayby even like batlegrounds with objectives... .

That is pretty much my idea. I know it would be pretty hard to make and probebly never will be but i just wanted to share it because i have never heard of a combination like that.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  40. cyberpunk

cyberpunk

I have a killer game idea, but if I told you I'd have to kill you...

Just kidding, no one's getting killed.

Ryiah likes this.
  41. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Second Life might come close.

42. Stardog

Stardog

The Sims? :p

43. FreshBoi

FreshBoi

thanks for the quick reply! ive decided with my friends to create it ourselves. please dont give out the idea, im going to delete the post so no one takes the idea. ill go look at second life. :)

44. Stardog

Stardog

Too late, I've stoled it!

cyberpunk and Ryiah like this.
  45. neginfinity

neginfinity

And so the necromancer guild embraces its new member/victim. (-_-)

Just kidding.

AndrewGrayGames, Kiwasi and Ryiah like this.
  46. Deleted User

Deleted User

get a woman pregnant without having sex - christmas game!!

47. Khyrid

Khyrid

Guys, what if I told you, I actually developed poop world. I did it in college as a joke on game maker. It's a real game with 3 levels.

48. guyguy2001

guyguy2001

These are some ideas I posted on another forum half a year ago (WOW. It felt like a month). enjoy!

Geologic spellcasting: When you cast a meteor rain spell in a game, are there meteors on the ground later? NO. So I thought, based on a weird lego game I played with friends since we were young, about a game that involves spells that have an effect on the "world", and say if I create a lava gazer and someone else put a strong rain spell on it, we would get a lot of basalt that we could later use for building and stuff. (I really hope I conveyed what I mean, I couldn't really find a good way to explain it; tldr your spells can combo and have a geological aftereffect and stuff)

The world: No man's sky and ark made me think: could we create a survival / builder / any realistic game, which set's place in out world, and you will have to learn stuff about animals / science / geographics of the real world in order to progress or survive in the game, just like you need to learn tricks to taming dinosaurs in ark or probably having to learn the elements chart of no man's sky and what can you craft with it.

Man vs PC: I remember watching animated videos of a stickman coming to life and fighting the pc using the icons, like using the scrollbar as a sword, or the google chrome icon as captain Americas' shield. It would be nice to see something like that turned into a game, mostly for nostalgia though

@SomeoneFromThatForum Watching this video (animation vs minecraft) gave me an idea about "social games": When I started playing arc, and when I got my fishing profession in wow for the first time, I imagined how this would go, that I'll work a lot with my friends on doing stuff, like fishing to give a friend the fish so he would cook them, and having a great social experience. I don't need to tell you that it didn't go like that.

So my idea is a game that players can get a single job, and then their friends would do another job (kindof like in the real world), but instead of like WoW that simply has a big store that players but and sell in without a lot of interactions, you play with your friends to unlock more possibilities of stuff to do, and you interact with other professions in a more personalized way.

49. EpicSciFi

EpicSciFi

I have a game idea that focuses on the duality of good and bad in everyday social situations. with a complex and somewhat hidden conflict resolution system that wins points towards either being exalted or bane of existence. With cult followers that influence your story that can follow you to their deaths by their hand or otherwise. I was hoping to show the realities of mental illness in this games theme. Seeing shadows and hearing whispers about you for sleep deprevation when well into achieving depressive bane of existence repents, while on their hand hearing voices of greatness in your head and taking extra money as gifts when intended or otherwise with manic exalted respect. Religious radicalism meets mental illness RPG. Yes it can and should be done. Will you sacrifice others for the POD or suffer your fate for the Glory of God. Choose wisely.

50. EvalDaemon

EvalDaemon

1. Robotech as an MMORPG
    2. Wizadry MMORPG that doesn't suck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.