Search Unity

GAME IDEA : Like Assassin's Creed

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by theboiwithidea7, Jun 24, 2021.

1. theboiwithidea7

theboiwithidea7

Hello I'm Ryan A 17-yo indie Video Games developper , I made some 2d Games On Construct 2 .
    back when i was a kid i played a lot of video games and its the reason why i decided to develop games.

Assassin's Creed is an open-world action-adventure and its a game that include History, so My Idea Is a Similar Game to Assassin's Creed .

*-The Story Of This Game Will be On Algeria ( Algeria Is situated in North Africa) With the Regency of Algiers as its principal center, the Ottoman Empire ruled an area referred to as Ottoman Algeria in the Maghreb between 1525 and the French invasion of Algiers in 1830.

*-Lets say that the player (assassin or fighter) is a son from an algerian father and a turkish mother
    will be raised in algiers in 1535 and he will join the ottamans and fight during the 16thCentury.....etc

*-during the 16th century there was a lot of historical monuments and the city will awesome and the architecture will be good for wall climbin
    I Have chosen algeria bcs its a great city with a lot of history and monuments.

THIS JUST A Small article if someone is interested and wanna do this idea i'll make a storyline and a detailed article
    contact me on : blackmoongames69@gmail.com OR arisrayan1@gmail.com

Check this for more Informations !

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casbah_d'Alger

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

It sounds like a cool idea. The problem I see is Assassin's Creed likely cost tens of millions of dollars and many years to create.

3. Antypodish

Antypodish

And takes 100+ people to make it, over span of few years. :)

Joe-Censored likes this.
  4. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

I think the cool part of the idea is the setting.

Maybe you could make a 2d game that highlights the setting, and you could have it built around just one mechanic that's easier to code, like you climb buildings and have to jump from roof to roof, so it becomes like a platformer. Maybe enemies are chasing you, so you have to plan ahead a little - you can make a sort of puzzle out of which order buildings can be reached via jumping.

That might be a manageable project. You have to make custom 2d art, but it can be simple. YOu have to write some code, but you only need player 2d movement, jump, and climb. Enemies can be simple move towards player.

Since all of that won't be too taxing to handle, then you'll have more energy to put into creating a story that showcases the setting.

JoNax97 likes this.
  5. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Can you make Tetris?

Super Mario Bros?

Pong?

No?

Good luck with your project that will be like a game that took a staff of 1000 developers years to make.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  6. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

A game set in Algeria? Interesting.

7. warthos3399

warthos3399

Good historic idea, i like it. But as the others have pointed out, if your looking for AAA gfx, and total "realism", then it isnt going to happen. Now, if you set your goal a bit lower (gfx wise), and a more reality based workflow, you can do it with Unity, no prob.

Remember, your a solo indie dev, or very small team, theres no easy way to develop a AAA title, with just 1 person, or with 10. You can do it... Now get back to work!

Joe-Censored likes this.
  8. KomeijiSatorin

KomeijiSatorin

Setting is great and unique. The problem is right from the beginning: a game like AC.

When you describe your game like another game, there is a huge chance that you are limited in the mindset of the other game, and it gives impression that you are trying to make another version of the other game.

what's more, my experience in board game development tells me that if you come up with a mechanism and then you try to find a background that suits the mechanism, it works but these games usually lack the association with the background and feels like the background doesn't matter. So a simple advice: rethink what you are trying to tell with the game, and then reconstruct your mechanism so it becomes the ultimate tool to tell your story.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  9. Metron

Metron

Setting sounds interesting. Since you've already some experience with 2d games, I'll join those who recommend doing it in 2d.

You might want to start with a small scope in order to get a grasp of how things are done and expand the game play later on.