Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Idea....I know I know. Please read its not the typical idea post.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ALWIXII, Oct 12, 2019.

1. ALWIXII

ALWIXII

Hey Guys,

Let me preface this with saying that I am a Digital Marketer by trade not a Developer. But I've always wanted to make a casual mobile game.

Just doing a bit of research as I've got a concept in my head that I've pretty much fleshed out and now looking to move into the next phase of development.

I want to gauge as realistically as possible what the difficulty of this would be from a developers perspective before I get carried away with adding frivolous features.

For what you see in the clip the is it relatively easy/difficult to build something like this? What kind of man hours are we talking assuming I hired a decent dev(s) to build the code from scratch for me?.

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

For whom got experiance, can pull exactly what is on the vid, within few hours. That including animations and texturing.

Other than that, we got plenty post with ideas. You just added extra vid., which makes difference, compared to others, really :)

frosted likes this.
  3. iamthwee

iamthwee

You mean make something like this?

ALWIXII, pcg, Martin_H and 1 other person like this.
  4. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

I guess it must be pretty easy if the guy made a demo in 2 days, you also have the source code so you cant go wrong

5. Murgilod

Murgilod

The big reasons runner games exist in the first place on the market is because they're (relatively) easy as hell to hammer out and fit the whole "play me on the toilet" angle.

MadeFromPolygons and Kiwasi like this.
  6. ALWIXII

ALWIXII

Thanks guys. Spoke to some devs today. Was told at its core its a fairly simple task but for what I want the final product to be it may be quite tricky and take some time to complete. Now to go get me some custom assets. Again I appreciate all the help.