Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Bug Game hard crashes when opening ui canvas and I would like to know how I can debug this.

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by lacdar, Oct 17, 2022.

1. lacdar

lacdar

I have a project that constantly opens and closes ui assets after updating simple fields with game data, such as changing the sprite on an image or the text in a text field. I would really like to know how I can attach a debugger or something so I can figure out what is the actual cause of this crash.

I do not have while loops running. I am not using coroutines for anything. If I do not SetActive on the cavas that contains the interface, the game does not crash. I have changed all the images that I was using in the interface to SpriteRenderable. I have remove all the rectTransforms on all the game objects that do not need them. I have other possible solutions in mind, but what I am doing is not complicated enough to cause this, in my opinion.

I am running unity 2021.3.11f1, MacBook Pro using Visual Studio.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.