Search Unity

Game graphics glitches on Z10 but not on other devices?

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by PuneetK, Sep 30, 2013.

1. PuneetK

PuneetK

I am building a game for the BB10 device ranges, and have tested on other devices as well (android devices).

What I've come to notice is that, when playing on the Z10 (tested on 2 different Z10s) the graphics of the game are glitching. And these are not high end graphics, but simple things like buttons.

Here are some examples of what I am talking about.
    1. On the main menu I have some buttons. On pressing these buttons, the texture changes (via GUISkin) to a different, texture. Now, what should happen is, a smooth transition between both textures. On the Standalone, and on the Android build, I do not encounter any issue and these work as expected. But on the Z10, the textures seem to "break" in between the transition between 2 textures. I can't really give you a picture as its a split second thing and is nearly impossible to take a screenshot of it.

2. In my game, I have a "tile" which represents a monster, and it has a face (texture) on it. What I've noticed is, the edges of the tile (which is actually a 3d model) pixelate on the Z10 horribly, and are continuously moving in their place (kind of like how you would see grains on a nonfunctional television set). This one really makes me no sense to me, as its a 3D model, and it has no reason to have this effect on it. Again, only happens on Z10 (haven't tested on any other BB10 devices).

3. This bug USED to appear before, but now seems to have suddenly disappeared. When my player moves from one point to another (the player has a fixed path of movement, depending on swipe direction of the user) The player's model glitches and "breaks" just like the textures on my buttons.

I really have no idea as to what might be causing these issues, as it only happens on bb10 devices and on no other devices I have tested on so far (Galaxy S2, Galaxy note, Galaxy Grand, Google Nexus 4, and a few others).
    This issue is very crucial for the development of our game, as I am primarily focusing on BlackBerry users to play our game, and have optimized it for the bb10.

If anyone else has suffered from this problem, please let me know, as it would be great to discuss on this topic and what might be the core cause of it :)

2. TuesdayNinja

TuesdayNinja

Unity Technologies

Puneet -

Sounds like a bug. While I haven't encountered it, I'd be happy to take a look. Just submit a bug and it'll find me. Please be sure to upload your project and paste what you wrote above into the Problem Details box. If your project is too big to upload or you have other concerns, let me know in the bug report and we'll work something out.

Thanks,