Search Unity

Official Game Foundation Roadmap Announcement

Discussion in 'Game Foundation' started by anastasia_a, Apr 23, 2021.

1. anastasia_a

anastasia_a

Hey all! Thanks so much for your interest and excitement for Game Foundation, it's really heartening to hear that there are users so excited to use Game Foundation in their games. We've got exciting stuff brewing and we'd like your help in shaping this product.

My name is Anastasia, and I joined Unity as Sr Product Manager on a mission to provide you with a quicker, simpler way of creating and connecting building blocks of your game.

Unity has made several acquisitions related to the mission of Game Foundation over the last few years. With these changes in our company, we decided to re-evaluate what the evolution of Game Foundation looks like.

We are launching a small research project in order to collect feedback from developers, designers, builders on what you loved and lacked in Game Foundation, and ultimately what you would like to see from us in the nearest future.

If you'd like to participate and share your feedback on Game Foundation, please fill out this Google Form so that we can connect with you.

https://forms.gle/Za92ARZ5CVV1PQaj6

Thank you and looking forward to your feedback!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    P_Jong, saskenergy and erika_d like this.
  2. mgear

mgear

cannot see form "This form can only be viewed by users in the owner's organisation."

3. anastasia_a

anastasia_a

Fixed!

P_Jong and mgear like this.
  4. + @erika_d

So, more than five weeks passed by, is there any news about GF or is it dead in the water? The last update is from November? Version 0.8. What should we expect? Should I start working on my own system? Can you share anything?

erika_d and saskenergy like this.
  5. anastasia_a

anastasia_a

Hey, it has been a few months we have been working on shaping the upcoming roadmap for Game Foundation, all I can confirm is we will have a roadmap to share with you this summer.

As for the new version, we are currently working on the next release featuring IAP 3.0 support and a few more additions. Stay tuned for our release notes post shortly.

msfredb7, mariandev and erika_d like this.
  6. SmartCarrion

SmartCarrion

Roadmap update would be nice to have! I'm really wondering when the Chilliconnect replacement is launching...next month or next year? i.e. should i build the rest of my game expecting there will be a decent cloud service to easily integrate, or go roll my own with a 3rd party?

erika_d and Nivagia like this.
  7. Just checking. Summer is gone, roadmap is none. Any news on this? I'm particularly interested when do you plan to help the non-IAP projects? You know, classic RPG/crafting support with modifiable transactions and all.

erika_d, SmartCarrion and saskenergy like this.
  8. SmartCarrion

SmartCarrion

We all know how difficult and complicated development is, and having spent many years working at a big company I know how little control most of the workers have over things like announcements. So just feedback to Unity...GF feels like abandonware at this point and I should just remove it from my project.

With Unite being pushed to 2022, and without any other news, my guess is that Unity Gaming Services integration will be a long while.

erika_d likes this.
  9. erika_d

erika_d

Thanks for expressing interest in Game Foundation and Unity Gaming Services! We're currently working to better integrate the existing Game Foundation functionality with other Unity services. As such, the roadmap has evolved and is changing and you likely won't see any new releases from the team for a while. Unity is taking the technology from ChilliConnect to build out a new suite of game backend services that will be more directly integrated with the Unity ecosystem. These services will be a collection of managed cloud services that host and run content for your game.

If you would like participate in the beta to see the latest on these services and how Game Foundation is evolving, please email mahraan@unity3d.com for more instructions. If you join, you will also get access to several other products that are in beta, including an updated version of Unity Analytics.

SmartCarrion likes this.
  10. Thanks for the update. I sadly removed Game Foundation both from my project and from the interesting packages list I'm maintaining to keep an eye on.

erika_d and saskenergy like this.