Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Foundation 0.9.0 is Released!

Discussion in 'Game Foundation' started by anastasia_a, Jun 10, 2021.

1. anastasia_a

anastasia_a

Highlights

In App Purchasing 3.x Support
    Added compatibility with Unity In App Purchasing package version 3.x.

New Store View

Bundle Transaction Item
    Added a new Bundle Transaction Item prefab and DetailedTransactionItemView component for displaying a more detailed view of Transaction items with multiple payouts.

Featured Transaction Item
    Added concept of a Featured Transaction Item or Featured Bundle Transaction Item to Store View component. This allows a special prefab to be designated for use with the first item in the store.

More Offers Button
    Added a new Reveal Hidden Items Button feature to the StoreView component that can be used in combination with the StoreView.ShowHiddenItems method to display the full transaction items list when the store is actively being filtered by a given tag.

Addressable Support
    Implemented Addressable support using Static Properties. Prefabs also now support Addressables besides Resources.

TextMeshPro Support for Prefabs
    Game Foundation prefabs now use TextMeshPro instead of Text to give developers more flexibility and comprehensive text tools.

What's new in version 0.9.0-preview
    The main updates in this release include:

Added

• Added support for Addressables as static properties.
    • Now compatible with In App Purchasing package version 3.0 and up.
    • New prefabs including:
      • Horizontal Payout Item
      • Bundle Transaction Item
    • Many new features in our components:
      • Detailed Transaction Item
      • Featured Transaction Item in Store View
      • More Offers Button in Store View
      • TextMesh Pro support
    Updated
    • Some usability improvements in our editor UIs.
    • Non-consumable in-app purchases can no longer directly grant payouts. Ownership of a non-consumable purchase is more like a boolean, and you can perform special logic (including granting items or currency) based on the boolean check for ownership of a product id.
    • Improvements to our prefabs:
      • Store View now auto-generates content at edit time.
      • Store View now reuses GameObjects for a performance increase.
      • No longer automatically disabling purchase buttons - it's up to the dev's custom logic.
    Removed
    • Dropped support for Unity 2018.
    • Support for In App Purchasing versions older than 3.0 are now deprecated and will be removed in a future release.
    • Dropped support for ChilliConnect. This will be replaced soon by Unity Gaming Services.
    • Some sample scenes and prefabs have been removed:
      • Grid Store
      • Horizontal Store
      • Vertical Transaction Item
      • Columns Transaction Item
    Fixed
    • Bug fixes related to Reward expiration.
    • Bug fixes in our prefabs.
    Prefab and Sample Package Note
    If the new prefab package is installed on top of a previous package, the Vertical Payout Item and Transaction Item prefabs, 01 - Store and 02 - Manual Store scenes will show up as newly created files. The old Payout Item, Horizontal Transaction Item, and Grid Store prefabs and Store - Horizontal, Store - Vertical, and Store Grid sample scenes are no longer supported, and can be deleted. All the current prefabs will change to point to the new prefabs.

Djayp, saskenergy and erika_d like this.
  2. FYI: You accidentally shared an internal URL to the changelog. It says "enterprise login", I guess it's a company-login for Unity.

Edit: I removed the link so it is not shown in public forum.

---
    I guess I will have to roll my own solution for this, no improvement if I don't use IAP. It's sad, I really was looking forward to a comprehensive game foundation where we don't have to rewrite all the things for ourselves over and over, but it seems only the IAP and mobile worth attention nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2021
    anastasia_a likes this.
  3. dannyalgorithmic

dannyalgorithmic

Addressables support? Hallelujah! A-F***ING-MEN!!!

*clears throat* Thank you.

Djayp, Ruchir, erika_d and 2 others like this.
  4. Ruchir

Ruchir

Could you give more details about Unity gaming services or maybe a rough roadmap? Because I don't think I can use multiplay for server hosting on a small scale right now as I can with something like playfab.
    I would really like to know a bit more about it before creating future plans for our project.

5. FuguFirecracker

FuguFirecracker

Game Foundation does not appear in my Package Manager - even with "Enable Pre-Release Packages" enabled.
    Tried using the latest Unity beta [2021.2.0b2] and the latest LTS [2020.3.13f1] Even the latest release, even [2021.1.13f1] ... No joy

So I set out to locate the official Unity git. No hits.

Ended up installing from a mirror repository : https://github.com/needle-mirror/com.unity.game-foundation
    Full of errors and missing dependencies.

How can I install the official package ?

Thanks

6. FuguFirecracker

FuguFirecracker

Yosh!
    Works in LTS! Thanks so much.
    Who knew you could "install from git URL" without an actual git URL ... Just the package identifier did the trick.

However! com.unity.game.foundation [ with the dot ] will install Version 0.7 which is marked as Obsolete.
    com.unity.game-foundation [ with a dash ] will get you ver 0.9

Thanks again.

erika_d and richj_unity like this.
  7. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @Ruchir,

Have you seen the Unity Gaming Services product page yet or are you looking for additional info beyond that? There will ultimately be an offering that is similar to ChilliConnect's feature set and is separate from Multiplay as part of it, though it is still in its early stages so I don't have much to share on it. Though if you have some specific questions on it I can forward it to the team working on it.

@Lurking-Ninja,
    Thanks for your help getting @FuguFirecracker set up, and @FuguFirecracker I agree that "install from git URL" using just a name and not a git url is a bit of a mind bender! :)

8. vodoleystudio

vodoleystudio

Hi,

Thanks to the developers that work on this package!

I would like to know when approximately it will be released in full? (not experimental)

9. kevinmkchin

kevinmkchin

Unity Technologies

Hi @vodoleystudio,

Sorry, we don't have estimates right now for a full release.