Search Unity

Audio Game Devs, what kind of music do you prefer for your game (Question from a composer)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TheElectricMikeOrchestra, Sep 6, 2017.

?

When looking for music for your game, do you prefer to get a single track, or do you prefer stems?

1. Single music track

2. Stems

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheElectricMikeOrchestra

TheElectricMikeOrchestra

Hi Guys

I'm new to the forum but I've been using Unity for a couple of years now.

I just have a question about music in general for Unity developers.

How do you like to recieve your music files? Do you prefer finished and readily mixed tracks, or do you prefer stems. At the moment I am selling completed tracks on the asset store, however if developers would prefer individual stems in order to add dynamic audio to the game then I guess I should be doing this. I seem to recall this is more of a tendency in big budget games, but I'm not sure if people still do this for indie releases.

Another related question, I'm considering releasing an 'ultimate music bundle' which would in the region of 300-500 full length music tracks of all types of genres, plus a ton of sound effects, organised in a manner that is easy for the dev to find something they would want in the game. Is this something people would be interested in, or do you prefer to go for smaller bundles? Is it advantageous for you guys to download a massive library of music, to have it to hand when you need it? I'm not planning on making this mega expensive, probably in the region of $50-60, with smaller individual packages going for about half that price.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated!

Thanks

2. hlw

hlw

I don't know about others but, I would prefer stems, along with the finished track, to have an idea on how these can be mixed together.
    You could maybe find a way to give a discount to those who bought an smaller individual package wanting the full package afterwhile?