Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Game developing as a team + asset store question.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Sarrcus, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Sarrcus

Sarrcus

I was searching FAQ and google in general but could not find a couple of answers or atleast fully satisfy them.
    If someone is willing to answer them i would be very grateful.

1. There is something about team license. What is it about? Does it mean that in order to make game as a team i need to get the license?

2. Can i sell a game with no future problems if i use assets (free and paid ones) that i get in Asset store?

2. Abhijit-Mukherjee

Abhijit-Mukherjee

yes you can ....

3. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

No, it is an optional add-on with extra features.

Yes.

4. Josh-Naylor

Josh-Naylor

Administrator

Hey, welcome to the forums Sarrcus.

1) The team licence is advanced features to accommodate the collaboration of large teams and developers who work remotely, you defiantly don't need it when you're just starting out.

2) Yes, everything in the Asset store is available for free and commercial projects unless it explicitly states in the description that it's for demo purpose only. Also, although you can I wouldn't advise just ripping a complete project (such as our standard assets) and releasing them as your own (yes, that's happened).