Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Design Document

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by mediajolt, Sep 24, 2020.

1. mediajolt

mediajolt

I'm using Unity's Curricular Framework Activities to help plan out my class this semester. In the Game Design Theory unit, there's a Game Design Document assignment that asks the students "create drafts of Section 1: Concept Document through Section 1.4: Game Analysis. You do not need to complete the Game Reference, Game Technical, or Game Sales sections at this time."

There's nothing in the rest of this document that says anything about the sections between Section 1 and 1.4, nor is there a link or anything else connecting to a sample game design document to be used with this framework. Looks like someone missed a step. Does anyone know where this hypothetical GDD might reside?

Thanks, all!

2. Valjuin

Valjuin

Reference Documents/Templates in the Resource Guide

3. mediajolt

mediajolt

Where do I find the resource guide? It isn’t included with the two Frameworks documents sent to teachers.

4. Valjuin

Valjuin

5. mediajolt

mediajolt

I’m sorry, I’ve been over this document several times - there’s no GDD template or a link to one. The Activities and Resources document references it, but again, doesn’t include or link to the template to which it refers.

6. Valjuin

Valjuin

The Unity Curricular Framework consists of:

Introduction; Units 1 -14; Capstone Project; Resource Guide (which includes the GDD template); Credits and Disclaimers.

7. mediajolt

mediajolt

What I received from unity was only the Framework and the Activities/Resources documents. That’s all they sent me.

8. mediajolt

mediajolt

Can someone post a link or attach these documents? I don't seem to be getting anywhere. Here's what the email I get from Unity contains; they only download the two docx files with nothing else as part of them.

upload_2020-9-29_11-4-10.png

I'm looking for the Game Design Document and the Work Breakdown Structure, plus anything else that's supposed to be part of this collection. Thank you!

9. ChasingGh0sts17

ChasingGh0sts17

Were you ever able to locate these documents? I have been searching for the same ones!

10. mediajolt

mediajolt

No. I ended up having to open a support ticket with Unity, and they're pretty slow at the moment. If I get them, I'll post them to this thread.

ChasingGh0sts17 likes this.
  11. kingdomseed

kingdomseed

Were the documents ever found?

12. mediajolt

mediajolt

No. In fact, the implication seems to be there never was one in the first place - they added it to the lesson plans, but never actually included it.