Search Unity

Game Creator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Hotshot10101, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Hotshot10101

Hotshot10101

I recently found an awesome asset and just had to post about it. I am not affiliated with the make of this asset other than being a customer.

I am in the middle of creating a new game. I have a few other developers working on it with me. We have been writing most of it ourselves. A couple of them had come up with a basic Inventory system and I was about to start implementing some new functionality into it.

I was on the Unity asset store and thought I would just take a quick look at some inventory systems available there.

I found one by Catsoft Studios. Theirs requires their full Game Creator asset to work so I started looking at that.

Turns out their Game Creator asset is really awesome. There are plenty of "no code" scripting engines for Unity. I have tried a few of them with some success.

The thing that really hooked me on Game Creator, however, is their module system.

I was on their discord channel asking about some new functionality that is specific to my game. The dev that I was talking to wiped me up a module that would do just want I wanted within their system and sent me a unity package for it.

I imported the package and suddenly I have custom functionality that works inside their system without changing a single line of their base code.

It was awesome!!! This is component based game development at its finest.

I have been a software engineer for many many years. I can and have written my own games from scratch and have no problem doing it all myself.

At the same time I like to reuse code when I can.

Game Creator is a super cool module way of doing this. On top of that it is really fun and easy to pick up.

I highly recommend this asset.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/game-creator-89443

Kamil-Sobierajski and Duffer123 like this.
  2. Kamil-Sobierajski

Kamil-Sobierajski

I agree. Game creator is the best Asset I've ever bought (And I bought a lot of assets). It allows me to focus on creating the game and telling the plot instead of dealing with constant error fixing and writing scripts.
    I can definitely recommend it to anyone.

Duffer123 and Hotshot10101 like this.