Search Unity

Game crashes on start up when downloaded from google play, not when built over usb cable

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by rpuls, Feb 15, 2020.

1. rpuls

rpuls

Hello, as the title says, I have an issue with my game that are not able to launch on android when downloaded from google play. It doesn't event get to the unity logo splash screen but shuts down immediately. I thought it would be due a a bad build, so i updated some dependencies and built again, uploaded to play store but this build behaves exactly the same.

I then tried to plug my phone to the computer and hit the "build a run" this time, the game runs perfectly fine...

In my google play console i do not get any ANRs or crash reports. How can I find out what the problem is? And why does google play allow my app to be published when it can not even run? I was pretty sure that they ran a lot of tests on apps to see that they run and don'r do any suspicious things.

2. Gilbert977

Gilbert977

Hey did you find a solution?

3. altepTest

altepTest

try with a different phone, maybe the app you have installed using the editor messes with the one you've got from google play.

find a clean device and try that one.