Search Unity

Game crashes on level load

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by formatc2013, Mar 26, 2020.

1. formatc2013

formatc2013

I built out my project to Android to do some testing and stuff, but I can't get any further than the main menu scene. I built it out previously and it was running fine. Now as I try loading level0 it crashes with no error messages from adb logcat. Just exits the game and that's it. It works fine in the editor.

I tried several things. I changed the color space back and forth, I built my addressables, tried development built and non development one, and the Split application binary checkbox is false as well...

I included my log messages in a txt. After I get 'em the game just crashes... :(

Unity 2019.2.21f1

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Your log file says it was unable to decompress an asset bundle. I could only speculate why that might be. Maybe the asset bundle isn't accessible where it is trying to get it, maybe there isn't space on your device for it. Maybe your game is written to try to grab it locally instead of from a web server, and you just didn't copy it over to the device. Don't know.

3. formatc2013

formatc2013

Thanks for your reply!
    It says this in the console:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Copying Addressables data from Library/com.unity.addressables/StreamingAssetsCopy/aa/Android to H:/unity projects/funtoplay/Assets/StreamingAssets/aa/Android.  These copies will be deleted at the end of the build.
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    3. AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor:OnPreprocessBuild(BuildReport) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.5.1/Editor/Build/AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor.cs:37)
    4. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)
    Then:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Deleting Addressables data from H:/unity projects/funtoplay/Assets/StreamingAssets\aa.
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    3. AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor:CleanTemporaryPlayerBuildData() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.5.1/Editor/Build/AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor.cs:26)
    4. AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor:OnPostprocessBuild(BuildReport) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.5.1/Editor/Build/AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor.cs:17)
    5. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)
    I simply meant to build my addressable data, to the device with the apk, and it was working so far... :(