Search Unity

Game crashes not being seen in Diagnostics

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by pistoleta, Sep 28, 2020.

1. pistoleta

pistoleta

We are still developing and the game is not released so I dont know if this has something to do.

But last we had a series of quite strange app crashes and we found out there was not info at all in the Diagostics page. We usually get there the unhandled exceptions and regarding the CrashReporter.h we should be getting them also in Diagnostics, am I wrong?
    This is a screenshot of the CrashReporter.h

2. HulloImJay

HulloImJay

We're having a similar problem and would love some help figuring it out.

Unity 2019.3.7f1, building for iOS
    Script calls: "Slow and Safe"
    Cloud diagnostics enabled.
    Exceptions are reported as expected.
    Semi-common crashes with reports to TestFlight containing only device info, no trace. Nothing appears on the Unity Cloud Diagnostics dashboard.

I don't believe we're running out of memory, which I understand cannot be caught by this system, although I will verify. Are there other possible causes of these reports not being captured?

3. pistoleta

pistoleta

I didn't test it to check it yet , but im quite sure script calls must be set to Fast but not exceptions to activate the iOS crash reporting. The only day I got an exception in Crashlytics was when I set it like that. The problem is I dont want it without exceptions, at least not yet since more errors will come and I need a 'legible' way to read them.

Does your error happen just randomly on some devices or you can reproduce it ? If you can reproduce it and plug it to Xcode it might help

What do you mean with "Semi-common crashes" ?

Does TestFlight have an own error report system? we didnt try it yet.

4. HulloImJay

HulloImJay

I meant simply that they are somewhat common but not easily reproducible.

TestFlight does have its own reporting system, yes.