Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Game controller through website?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Scornz, May 11, 2016.

1. Scornz

Scornz

I would like to make a game with a controller system similar to the one used in the game Jackbox Party Pack.

(I'm using VRChris' explanation for the Jackbox Party Pack)
    In Jackbox Party Pack the game is run on a device such as a PC or console. The game displays a website and room code on the screen. Players connect to the game using their mobile phones or tablets by navigating to the displayed website via their web browsers and entering the room code into the site. Once all players have joined the room the game begins and players use their mobile devices to answer trivia questions, all through the mobile device's web browser.

The mobile clients act mainly as controllers. They display UI buttons that send commands/messages to the server and receive them but are very different in terms of scene, layout, UI. Basically I see the PC/Console server and the mobile client apps as different Unity projects but they need to communicate with each other.

How would I do this on the Unity Engine?

Thank you!
    Mike S.

RomanCalderon likes this.
  2. telefragent

telefragent

Did you ever get anywhere with this? Wondering this myself.

3. RomanCalderon

RomanCalderon

I definitely hope someone can answer this. I want to make a game where players interact EXACTLY like how Fibbage is played.

4. TwoTen

TwoTen

For web interface I guess write it semi realtime with something like Websockets or realtime websockets with UNet. Or you could take a different approch with some form of realtime database like firebase. Then export the projects as WebGL