Search Unity

Game Company Website Content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlackHawkStudios, Jun 6, 2011.

1. BlackHawkStudios

BlackHawkStudios

This is my website, www.BlackhawkStudios.com but I am just having a hard time figuring out what to fill it with. Any ideas, help, or anything is much appreciated.

2. Hardcharger

Hardcharger

Develop your game. Focus on that and you'll find that you have too much S*** to put on your website.

A website needs content. Your website is about your game/"company." Understand?

3. Blacklight

Blacklight

If I were you, I'd just add some stuff about you/your team, any games you've made or are working on, your contact details and if you want, a blog.

4. Meltdown

Meltdown

Go look at other publishers/dev companies sites, and see what they have on there.
    Maybe some indie developers rather than full blown developers sites.

That will be more than enough to get you going :)

5. MrDude

MrDude

I had the same problem. Started off small and added a blog to make it look more interesting but never used the blog so took that out again. Started a links section, added a contacts section, created a "My history section" etc. My site is finally looking like it has some meat on it's bones...

It's not like you can just decide, today "Im gonna makes games" so you go out and say "I am the owner of SuperSpeed Productions" and suddenly you are a company. Then you start printing business cards and figure "Hey, I need a website to put up on the card. that would be cool" so you buy a domain and go "Yippee!!! Now I have a fancy domain name to point to the 5Mb of free space my ISP gives me!" then you go to your webspace and notice all there is is a page that says "This page will be uploaded soon. Click here to go to BestISP.com" and you say; "Shoot, I need something to put up on my website! What can I put up on there? I know, I'll go ask someone else what I should put up on my website"... Then you go and post the question and think to yourself: "My company is going to rock!".

Personally, I think there is a lot of stuff you can put up on a website. A tribute to your favorite anime, the lyrics from the song you first heard last week, pictures of Britney Spears... Perhaps even go to Google and type in "Final Fantasy images" and then copy and paste the results... My thoughts is that if you create a website you should have something to say... if you don't hve something to say then don't point people to your website...

I have lots of stuff in the works and have bought a couple of domains in advance but my content is not yet ready to show to the world so I simply forward all those domains to my main page on my main site in case someone DOES happen to come across it but I don't advertise any of them. Once I have my content ready to show I will simply change the forwarding on my domain and start telling people about it...

In your case, you said you wanted your game ready last week... How is that going? Show some screenshots and explain the pitfalls you overcame... If you have something to say, you have your own soapbox, so say it... if not, then don't... :p ;)

6. 2dfxman

2dfxman

I wanted to see some helicopters. Black hawks preferred.
    Anyway, nice looking deisgn.
    Also add some blog posts

7. BlackHawkStudios

BlackHawkStudios

Thanks for your feedback guys! I do have something to say coming to think of it. Now just to figure out how to say it.