Search Unity

Game Center Leaderboard Icons: Possible or impossible?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by citycrusher, Dec 13, 2012.

1. citycrusher

citycrusher

Before I make a bunch of art for leaderboard images, I want to make sure it is possible to have the images display.
    I know it is possible to make achievement show up with images, but the leaderboard test image i made isn't showing up.
    Then I looked around and noticed none of the games I am playing (purchased games from app store, not my creation) have leaderboard images either, although some do show acheivement images.

Makes me wonder if it possible to have leaderboard images? Seems there might be some kind of bug here, or the feature is just not existing yet?:cool:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  2. nocanwin

nocanwin

it's works for me in the sandbox.

3. citycrusher

citycrusher

for me it don't even show in sandbox. i imagine for you it is only working in sandbox, and doesn't go live on release since i don't see these icons in any game? i got everything else with game center working now, scores instantly update everything... except leaderboard images don't show anywhere.

4. CH

CH

You mean the icons in Game Center or in-game? In Game Center it works fine. But I do remember also seeing the Game Center popups at the top of the screen when completing an archievement.

5. citycrusher

citycrusher

hmm... problem is worse than i thought, i can't get any custom achievement icons to show up either.

i wasn't sure about leaderboard icons if they can display or not, but i know achievement icons are possible! tons of games have that.

i can get the achievements to complete properly, the player can achieve them, they show up in game center sandbox and also in my game (sandbox) but no custom icons anywhere! (even after wait 24 hours)

any sort of gotchyas or unusual thing you must do to have these icons show? i upload it as apple says, 512 png it displays there inside of itunes connect. do i need to call the image, implicitly tell GC to use it or something weird like that? this isn't a show stopper because i can still release my next update without any custom icons, just wanted to dress this all up have an excuse for a fun art project.

i wanna play around making lots of cool little badges! :confused:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  6. citycrusher

citycrusher

strange after all this time, id given up suddenly my achievement test image appears! stranger still it vanish once i left the page and not return, back to default trophy image... :?

is this normal behavior for sandbox or what could be wrong?

7. citycrusher

citycrusher

my custom image never returned :( what a tease, only seeing it appear once and then gone, never to return.

its almost like the default image is somehow overriding my image?

what ever could it be i've done wrong here?

8. citycrusher

citycrusher

Solved. For anyone struggling with similar issue, you'll be happy to know all my images showed up eventually. Seems the trick is just be very patient. After waiting days and uploading some images multiple times all showed up fine :cool:

9. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Yeah it usually just takes some time for gamecenter to update.