Search Unity

Resolved Game (built) stopped launching in SteamVR

Discussion in 'VR' started by FlightOfOne, Mar 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

TLDR: After installing WMR (and the feature) in openXR, game stopped launching in Steam VR.

I was developing the game with HTC Vive up to now, using XR Management + OpenXR plugin. Everything worked fine. I even built it and launched from Steam and the Steam VR kicks in (if its not open) and everything worked -happy times!

Then, yesterday, I installed WMR feature along with the Mixed reality feature built the project. Unplugged all the valve stuff and launched the game from my PC, (and from Steam) and again, Mixed reality portal launched and everything worked fine in WMR -happy times again!!

Then I wanted to test the same build on Valve (HTC vive). So I unplugged all the WMR stuff, exit the WMR portal etc.. (even restarted my PC) and launched the game (again from PC and from what I uploaded to Steam) but this time nothing! Game does not launch into VR -yes, very sad times!

I had someone else who only had valve (HTC Vive) installed and he said everything worked OK for him. I even had him close everything out and launch the game, and it automatically started all the VR stuff and worked fine.

Only way I can get the game to launch in SteamVR is in the editor, IF I specifically set OpenXR Runtime (Editor Instance Only) to SteamVR. If I set this to System Default it does not work.And in the build it does not launch to SteamVR at all, only WMR.

I have few test VR projects and Steam VR stopped across all of them. Also I tried other VR games via Steam and they all launch into SteamVR just fine.

Questions:

Where do I go to find this System Default? maybe it will point me in the right direction to finding the solution.

Also, Is it possible to set this with a launch option? e.g. Game.exe -SteamVR, so it would force the game to open vr?

upload_2021-3-24_10-49-39.png

Any info would be appreciated!
    Thank you!!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  2. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

I figured it out. It had to do with SteamVR (Plugin on your computer). See the screenshot below.

upload_2021-3-25_8-37-47.png

Propagant, JonR79 and FloBeber like this.
  3. FloBeber

FloBeber

FlightOfOne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.