Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Asset Generator for Blender - the fastest tool for game asset creation (free!)

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by Linkoo, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Linkoo

Linkoo

Hi!

Download: http://linko.projects.free.fr/gametools.zip
    Official thread: https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?383624-Dark-Blender-(Official-Thread)-optimized-for-sculpting-and-game-asset-creation

I have made a tool that convert your sculpture into an high quality game asset in one click. You just have to select your high polys and set the polycount of the different LoDs (yes it generates your LoDs) then you run the script.

My tool will create a low poly at your desired polycount that envelop your high poly, it will remove every intersections to get the highest details possible and best UV Map. If a mesh is at the X axis it will unfold automatically half of it to get the highest texel density. It will then bake all your maps in 4k (ao, bent, normal and save them, composite them to get a cavity map, specular map, bump map, GI and dirt effect and import them in the 3D view, setup a lighting and switch to painting mode. Every settings are tweakable you have a large choice of option to change the texture ratio and scale. You can plug in gradients i have made a gradient template node for that. I have also added a node to quickly composite your image, invert the colors, convert your normal map into a cavity map with an emboss setting and a node to check if your texture is seamless.

Here is the result i get after straight after running the script on models i have downloaded:

That's not all, you have options to generate a sprite by keying the frame 1-2-3:

You can generate a billboard and also use CUDA to create your maps faster.

2. Player7

Player7

that time of the year again.. time to check out blender :)

3. Havok_ZA

Havok_ZA

Oh wow. That sounds like a very cool tool...I'm a MODO user but will check it out since Blender is free...might be useful to import high mesh models then retopo it with your tool and export back in.

4. jtsmith1287

jtsmith1287

A huge turnoff for me in modeling was making highly detailed models and then having to re-topologize to make them low-poly. I hate it with a passion. But this... thiiiss...

5. Rinoa_Heartilly

Rinoa_Heartilly

thank you for sharing this XD wish 3ds Max had it also

6. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

This is really cool!

7. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Interesting, I use blender. I'll take a look at it some time!