Search Unity

Galaxy Ninjas!!!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Somedays, May 10, 2012.

1. Somedays

Somedays

I've been working on this one for about a week. In Galaxy Ninjas you can customize your ninja with different outfits, different weapons, and different super powers(scrolls). There are three modes, classic, expert, and endless.

it's a 2D sidescroller where you can jump up to the ceiling and jump back down to the floor to dodge things and you can throw/shoot whatever weapon u are holding.
    GRAPHICS AREN'T FINAL

classic is a 2 minute round where you get a high score based on how many hearts you have left, how many monsters/bosses you killed etc. you earn coins to get more stuff. expert is just a harder version with a score bonus, and endless is self explanatory.

so far I have outfits that correspond to the different elements such as fire robes, frost robes, thunder robes etc. with matching powers like shooting fireballs for a short duration or summoning lightning. Weapons include shurikens, swords, kunai's knives, and a chicken egg.

during gameplay you can jump into portals that randomly spawn, switching the level entirely presenting new monsters, obstacles, and bosses. this will help mix up the gameplay.

Please feel free to suggest some cool powers, outfits, weapons, levels, and monsters!!!

2. rhasami

rhasami

ohh, a ninja game, thats very nice.

3. Torsh

Torsh

Nice work for a week.

4. devMidgard

devMidgard

Looks nice, and cute.

Continue with that!!

5. Somedays

Somedays

hey thanks guys!

6. Km0nk3y

Km0nk3y

I noticed that your modes are either 2 minutes long highscore, or endless. Then how are there levels? You might want to add some sort of cheesy main story line to keep people hooked, and have that be comprised of ~5min long levels with a boss. Maybe in that mode the portal takes you to the next level.

I like the running on ceiling idea. Maybe you can have the floors or cieling be not perfectly smooth. You could include jagged rocks or gaps on one side (forcing you to jump to the opposite side for a moment or lose a heart). You could also add floating terrain bits in the middle, for a bit of added variety (so you can't always get to the true top/bottom).

Weapons: Poison dart gun, shurikens are obvious ideas. Maybe have a spiked chain you can spin around you as a melee move. If its a silly game then maybe you can have moves like the sonic boom handclap, ninja death stare, rip heart out with bare hands, etc...

Moves: This part can be cool. Other than the ceiling running you might have a move that stops time for a second allowing you to position yourself. A move where you can run through walls for a second (if ones block your path). Maybe one that makes you go invisible for a few seconds.

I also just thought, on the 2 minute levels, you should get bonus points if you punt a bad guy into a portal and then dont go in yourself (or jump in after to finish him off =P)

Well, thats my 2 cents. Best of luck!

7. DaphydTheBard

DaphydTheBard

Your graphics might not be final, but it's a really nice looking style. My advice? Stick with it.

8. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

9. i-tech

i-tech

Agreed ^^

10. Somedays

Somedays

i really like your weapons ideas and the jagged rocks/gaps to make the player jump, and those are some pretty cool ideas for special moves/abilities. thanks for your suggestions!

11. Somedays

Somedays

I'll be posting a video sometime soon to share the game play and some changes i've made!

12. Train

Train

Yes this looks very cute, i like the style too.

13. Somedays

Somedays

14. ncst

ncst

Congrats on the game: Are you going to put a version on the Amazon appstore?

15. ivanb0n0

ivanb0n0

i really like the look of that ninja face