Search Unity

Games Galactic Armada : Fleet Commander - Overview, Mechanics,Videos

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by FirstTimeCreator, Feb 9, 2018.

?

What do you think of the mechanics for this game?

1. It Will Be fun

70.0%
  2. I'm not sure

15.0%
  3. Not fun at all

15.0%
  1. Aimlessone

Aimlessone

Can I ask a question? It's regarding this claim. "I am landing on MOVING planets and walking around on them for the first time in video game / engine history."

What do you mean by this? Just the physical fact that you landed on rotating and orbiting planets? If so, didn't Kerbal Space program already accomplish this years ago? I'm just curious as to why your achievement is different from Kerbal?

2. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

Perhaps.

I edited the title of the video just in case, I'm building a game now that was just a little prototype I made for fun to see what was possible with the engine.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  3. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

4. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

5. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

6. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

7. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

8. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

9. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

Was setting up the models for the side airlock rooms connected to the observation bridge and figured why not make them functional. Of course this is my first pass, it needs better audio and visual FX, ill probably come back to it later. For now I'm moving on to working on the CAAAN NPC system to build out the system for complex Animation Timelines and NPC AI behaviors OR I'm going to go ahead and start on the RigidBody FPS controller which will make it possible to have complex physics systems like a "space suit" and a seamless transition off of the ship into space when the airlock is opened. Let me know in the comments, what do you want me to do next!?

Leave comments on youtube video and subscribe, thanks.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    CityGen3D likes this.
  10. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

Without a world streamer system, using a floating origin system which is what I use, the possible scene scale is somewhere around 38 billion meters, I believe.

The far camera render distance you see in my videos is rendering out to 1.5 billion meters, I use 4 different cameras layered.

Of course there is a whole lot more too it than what meets the eye. My origin system is custom, not something you find on the internet, in principle it's similiar to the free floating origin script just with some tricks that enable me to not only float the scene around the player / player ship but float other objects at the same time to keep them close to the origin as well as the player.

Indeed it takes some specialized knowledge to pull this off and it took me a good while to figure out, pretty much mastered the game engine in the process. Of course I'm still the process of mastering the engine, software wise I've mastered it as im developing extensions, tools and very large complicated frameworks.

The more I master this engine, the more I love it. Because the possibilities are endless, the more you know, the more you can do.

11. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

12. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

I'm going to make the claim to possibly be the first developer to ride on a fully functional elevator inside a spaceship moving at a RigidBody velocity of 1,000,000, not only ride in it but walk around on it while it's moving.

:)

When i get done with the RB FPS controller I'll be doing soon, ill be able to spacewalk the exterior of the ship while its traveling at warp speed, which will be a sight to behold once I add the warp FX outside the ship.

I bet Star Citizen won't let you space walk outside the carrier (on the hull) they are making for squadron 42 while its moving! haha.

I've come along way ... here is a trip down memory lane:

I managed to accomplish this when i was still a noob. Still cant get that many views on any of my newer videos sadly. Guess I need to have a seamless planetary landing with something as large as a carrier.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Valkrysa_Herja likes this.
  13. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

Animation independent NPC head tracking.

14. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

15. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  16. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator