Search Unity

GAIA - AAA terrain generator, procedural texturing, planting and scene creation

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdamGoodrich, May 21, 2015.

1. spikezart

spikezart

Thanks PW, Ive just checked before sending you on a wild goose chase and found I have an account enabled now. I don't have a copy of a welcome mail so thats why I still thought it wasn't enabled. Thank you anyway.

PWPeter likes this.
  2. Artini

Artini

Thanks for the answers.
    I like using Unity forums a lot.
    Big plus, that you are still posting here.
    All the best for you.

PWPeter likes this.
  3. betaFlux

betaFlux

Hi, I just wanted to ask if there is Path painting included in Gaia Pro 2021 or anything that makes it easier to draw trenches, rivers, banks, etc. than it is using Unity's default terrain tools.

4. PWPeter

PWPeter

You could do path painting to a certain degree by supplying a mask image that you paint in an image editing program, this would allow you to texture with this mask. If the paths are the main feature you are going for, I would recommend GeNa Pro - this has a dedicated feature for spline based roads and rivers. The roads can either be meshes close / above the terrain, or they can just be terrain texturing. It will also lift or lower the terrain accordingly.
    You can see it in action here:

If you consider getting Gaia or GeNa, please also take a look at our new community site Canopy - we are moving support there.

5. Xavier070

Xavier070

upload_2022-1-26_19-49-35.png
    I have a problem with snow system with Gaia Pro.
    My projet run in Unity 2020.3.19f1 in with Standard Unity Render
    I'd trying many setup , but i dont have snow on ground and vegetation.
    Have you a solution ?

6. Xavier070

Xavier070

Hello,
    I have a problem with Gaia Pro and unity 2020.0.19f1.

I have no snow on the ground and on the vegetation except on the trees and the stones.

Do you have any idea what setting I missed?

7. mindCreatesMeaning

mindCreatesMeaning

I've watched numerous YouTube videos on Gaia and...I'm still finding the Height Mask's Min Max Height controls to be unintuitive to my mind. I'm sure I can get it; I simply need a clearer explanation than what I'm finding anywhere else.

For example (As seen in the below video):

• We're working in 'percentages' which are in 'relative position' to sea level .
    • Sea level is at an elevation of 12.5 meters.
    • The Grass Spawner is being regulated by a 'Height Mask'.
    • Min Max Height numbers are Min (-15% , 4) , Max (10, 85%) ...what?
    My brain wants to interpret these numbers as "The lowest part of the grass texture will begin spawning at a point on the terrain that represents the 15% mark between sea level & the lowest point on the terrain and the highest point of the grass texture will end 85% between sea level and the highest point of the terrain... but I don't think that's what's happening.

And what do the '4' and the '10' have to do with anything ... and what does the slider visualize?

I am able to fully understand Gaia from tutorials except for this Height Mask Min Max which feels sooooo abstract. Can anyone clarify and explain it to me like I'm 5 yo? (because I might be).

8. YCE2010

YCE2010

Hello
    I'm getting an error with Gaia from my Build. When I run my game in Unity Editor everything is ok, but when I create the Build and run it I get a Null Reference because the TerrainSceneStorage is missing in TerrainLoaderManager. Any idea about this error?
    Thanks in advanced

9. baiao

baiao

Hey guys I created an empty object and added a biome controller to it. Then I added a mask where I used an image mask and tried to spawn the biome but it spawned the area that the object covered and not only the mask. Any help ?

10. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

I want to use the Game Object spawner to create villages from certain art package asset.
    I thought I would reference Towns (3D Forge) to do something similar to my project using the other asset.
    I was surprised how Towns (3D Forge) Gameobject spawners were created.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that each spawner's rule has multiple prefab resources with exact position and rotation offsets to be aligned together to form a complete set. For example fences goes beside each other, etc..
    It seems very tedious to get those offsets right to get the complete set exactly as wanted.
    Why wasn't a prefab called Small Farm 1 be created with the desired layout and used as a single resource prefab for the rule?
    I am trying to figure out the optimal work flow for my project.

joeee19 likes this.
  11. PWPeter

PWPeter

@Xavier070 @UnityXizor21 @YCE2010 @baiao
    Please note that we do not monitor this thread as often anymore for product support. The official product support for Gaia is handled in Canopy:
    https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/
    Please head over there to make a free account to post your questions on the forum there. After creating your account you can also send us your invoice number to register your copy of Gaia & you can download 3 free stamp packs as a small bonus.

12. Develop-Ahead

Develop-Ahead

I make a huge terrain for streaming (2000 km^) . idon't know the best way to choose terrain size on Gaia for optimize

13. FrostApps

FrostApps

Problem: Gaia Pro 2020 + Easy Road

Can anyone help me with this problem.

The terrain overlaps the road as the camera pans. I tried several configurations in the field and no satisfactory results.

* I created a scene in "Mobile" format.

It occurs when I create roads using "Easy Road". The problem only occurs on Gaia, with normal terrain this does not happen.

14. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

15. marcell123455

marcell123455

Hi Derik,

assuming your road material uses one of the included road shaders, you have a variable Offset Factor in the material settings to fix z fighting. After building the road network you can also set a road network height increasement to prevent clipping.

16. FrostApps

FrostApps

Hello, I did this. Even increasing the highway, the problem remains.

I think I found the problem:
    This is more frequent when I increase the width and height of the terrain. When the island is at its original size this problem is much smaller.

17. marcell123455

marcell123455

Hi Derik,

I guess you would need to click backup terrains in edit mode, in the last tab, when selecting your road network. This updates the terrain data easy roads works with and so the changes you did to the height and width.

18. Mikey987

Mikey987

I think I have all required, is the ad-scene for download?

19. BryanMarsh-ProceduralWorlds

BryanMarsh-ProceduralWorlds

If you have GeNa Pro you could use the spline and use the Extensions.
    Then use the carve extension and lower the height.

20. BryanMarsh-ProceduralWorlds

BryanMarsh-ProceduralWorlds

No, but we do have some game-ready levels on the Unity asset store.

21. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

I am not sure what I did wrong. I am using Unity 2022.1.12, Windows Platform, no HDRP or something.

When opening my scene which has GAIA components / gameobjects included which I created by the editor menu / Procedural worlds men entry I always get:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Gaia.WorldMap.GetOrCreateWorldMapStamper () (at Assets/3rdParty/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/StampingSystem/WorldMap.cs:289)
    Gaia.Spawner.CreateBaseTerrainStamper () (at Assets/3rdParty/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/SpawningSystem/Spawner.cs:2483)
    Gaia.Spawner.GetOrCreateBaseTerrainStamper (System.Boolean allowCreate) (at Assets/3rdParty/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/SpawningSystem/Spawner.cs:125)
    Gaia.Spawner.UpdateMinMaxHeight () (at Assets/3rdParty/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/SpawningSystem/Spawner.cs:903)
    Gaia.Spawner.OnEnable () (at Assets/3rdParty/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/SpawningSystem/Spawner.cs:793)

Any idea what I did wrong? It is the lateste GAIA 2021 version...

Thanks!

22. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Got it fixed by using my latest backup and going back to Unity 2022.1.11.

23. BryanPW

BryanPW

Please note that we do not monitor this thread as often anymore for product support. The official product support for Gaia is handled in Canopy:
    Please head over there to make a free account to post your questions on the forum there. After creating your account you can also send us your invoice number to register your copy of Gaia & you can download 3 free stamp packs as a small bonus

24. BryanPW

BryanPW

Please note that we only support released Unity versions.
    Gaia Pro 2021 works with Unity versions 2020.3 - above (released Unity versions)

25. Rambosriot

Rambosriot

Hey, can anyone tell me why my terrain is like that with the world designer. I don't get why, it never did that before.

26. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

@Rambosriot, Not sure how the depth maps exports are handled with World Designer now but looks like the classic 8bit height map banding issue. If you see a way to export it or setup with 16bit height map it should smooth that out.

27. Rambosriot

Rambosriot

Thanks for the reply, I'll check it.

28. stigmamax

stigmamax

hello,
    how to avoid this defect? Is it possible to lower the edges of the terrain so that they arrive at sea level for example?

29. udede

udede

Hello, I just bought gaia pro 2021, I am getting such an error while adding it to my project, I could not solve it, thank you.

"" Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Utils\GaiaUtils.cs(1303,34): error CS0117: 'GraphicsSettings' does not contain a definition for 'renderPipelineAsset' ""

30. Shreddedcoconut

Shreddedcoconut

Does this error occur when you import the asset into an empty project? I imported it into an empty project and it seems to work just fine on my end.

udede likes this.
  31. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, so I have created a terrain okay and when I go into play mode it snows. But everything (trees plants, roof tops etc) turns white except the terrain textures. I dont have cts installed as I wanted to make the scene as simple as possible. Any ideas what the issue could be?

Using Unity 2019.4.34.f1

gaia Pro. (not the latest version. The previous one)

Thanks

32. stigmamax

stigmamax

Hi,
    What is the best method to export gaia land
    I would like to export in raw
    Thanks

33. PWPeter

PWPeter

Please head over there to make a free account to post your questions on the forum there. After creating your account you can also send us your invoice number to register your copy of Gaia & you can download 3 free stamp packs as a small bonus

@Hawk0077 Please note that you need a terrain shader with a snow shading feature such as CTS / GTS - the native unity terrain shading does not support this.

34. Shadowing

Shadowing

@PWPeter thats cool wonder how long it will take for you guys to know resetting your password at the new forum doesnt send a email.
    sigh

why is there only a 3 password attempt try with a 15 minute wait time.
    Is Canopy Procedural Worlds storing Nuclear codes on their forum?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
    PolyMad likes this.
  35. ryg81

ryg81

Does Gaia support WebGL build? As I know unity terrain paint details not coming in WebGL, just wanted to know if Gaia grass and small plants works. If so I could suggest my team to try it out.

36. adamgoodrich-pw

adamgoodrich-pw

There is no specific support, or not for WebGL. Gaia creates standard Unity terrain.

Personally, I would avoid Unity terrain like the plague in WebGL. Gaia has the ability to export terrains as decimated meshes, and you might find this a better and more optimized solution.

Depends very much on your scene.

Mark_01 likes this.
  37. manbearpigman

manbearpigman

The SOLUTION to built-in projectors is to turn off draw instancing. Unity isn't broken, perfect worlds is just trying to give you the best performance possible.
    -this was solved by contacting perfect worlds support

Attached Files: