Search Unity

GAIA - AAA terrain generator, procedural texturing, planting and scene creation

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdamGoodrich, May 21, 2015.

1. Shreddedcoconut

Shreddedcoconut

I generated some trees using the biome spawner, but I have a problem. Why don't any of the trees that were generated have colliders? My player mechanim just passes through the trees, but not the actual terrain. I also can't seem to actually find the trees generated in the hierarchy. The tree prefabs themselves have colliders, but the biome spawner isn't spawning the trees with those colliders.

It also seems as if the trees are a part of the terrain itself (not GameObjects) and therefore I can't edit the colliders for them.

2. Shreddedcoconut

Shreddedcoconut

Nevermind, I found the problem- I was spawning them as 'trees', not 'GameObject'.

3. prTech

prTech

Gaia 2 that I installed in unity gives this error. The more I try to fix it, the more it breaks down. Capture.PNG

4. PWPeter

PWPeter

Which unity version were you using? Did you want to use the HD render pipeline? It looks to me like Gaia is configured for using the HD Pipeline, but either the HDRP package is not installed in the project, or it is an older version of the unity editor where HDRP was still in the experimental namespace. If you do not want to use the HD pipeline, you can check if you can switch Gaia back to built-in from the setup tab.
    Additionally you can check under Edit > Project Settings > Player > Scripting Defines if you see an entry called "HDPipeline" there, if yes, you can remove it, this should fix the issue.

Kennth likes this.
  5. daedal

daedal

For performance reasons (VR, splat map effects) I need to have terrain that's composed of multiple 128x128 tiles. Is there a way to easily do this with Gaia Pro 2021? (or SECTR?) The lowest tile size I can get with the world creation settings is 256x256.

Shreddedcoconut likes this.
  6. PWPeter

PWPeter

With Sectr you should be able to split up a larger terrain down to 128 x 128 sectors. (Or, if the larger terrain does not exist, you would be able to create a fake terrain and cut it down to get the 128 x 128 terrain loading setup)
    I checked in Gaia and the limit in the size selection dropdown is pretty much arbitary, I added the option for 128 sized tiles, please find attached a patch that you can install to get the 128 tile size. This will then added to the next official Gaia version as well.
    Please note there seems to be an issue with the world generator when using this new tile size, you might need to apply a higher stamp density as it seems to generate too little stamps for this new smaller tile size with its default settings.

Attached Files:

Kennth likes this.
  7. daedal

daedal

That worked well. Thank you!

8. newguy123

newguy123

Does gaia pro 2021 and Gena Pro use its own custom shaders that work with raytracing, or was the shaders authored with something like ASE or Better Shaders?

9. daedal

daedal

I'm running into another issue where I see large shadows on worlds composed of multiple terrains (tested on 128x128 and 256x256 tiles). This is especially obvious in the editor, but you can still see it in the distance at runtime. Also moving the camera slightly will cause these shadows to flicker in and out.

I'm using Unity 2020.3.0 and URP 10.4.0. I also tried doing a lightmap bake but it didn't change anything. Know what's going on here?

Thanks!

GaiaShadow.PNG

10. daedal

daedal

Looks like its just an unfortunate Unity bug. I can disable the SRP Batcher to avoid it for now. Hopefully that doesn't cost me too much on performance.

PWPeter likes this.
  11. FrostApps

FrostApps

Hi
    Gaia / Pro does not work on Nintendo Switch.

I believe it is the DLL "PWCleanUp2EditorDLL", even with Playstation consoles the use of DLL causes runtime errors.
    The game simply doesn't open on the console!

Please create a version without using DLL.

12. PWPeter

PWPeter

Hi, thanks for letting us know! It is a bit strange that this causes errors in a build, normally I would not expect anything to refer this dll so it would get pulled into a build. The good news is that you can delete the .dll entirely, and Gaia (or other PW products) will still work. The purpose of this DLL is to clean up unused scripting defines after a PW product was deleted, so that those defines do not linger around in the project and potentially cause compilation errors further down the road.
    To remove the dll, locate the folder
    Assets\Procedural Worlds\Frameworks
    and delete all folders starting with "CleanUp" from there.

13. DucaDiMonteSberna

DucaDiMonteSberna

Greetings!
    I'm using gaia pro 2021 and I have a problem: I'm trying to build a gae for mobile but even with the smallest scene i end up with a 400+ Mb of apk, while the llimit on FGoogle play is 100-150 Mb (for apk and aab respectively). ANy idea how to reduce the size of mi scenes or how to split the content to an expansion package?

14. PWPeter

PWPeter

You can find some information about this here, most important is that the editor log provides you with a list of assets ordered by size - this can make it easier to identify where those 400 MB are coming from.
    Gaia can pull more files into a build than needed, e.g. since the lighting profiles contain different skyboxes to select for your lighting, those will be added to the build as well. If you identify some files from Gaia you do not need in your build you can post them here or open a support ticket, we can then advise how to best get rid off them in your build to reduce the size.

15. DucaDiMonteSberna

DucaDiMonteSberna

The 400Mb come mosty from textures(png), light (hdr) and sounds(wav). How can I strip the ones I do not use safely?

16. PWPeter

PWPeter

Can you name one or two examples? Most likely this is coming from the media that is referenced from the lighting / water profiles. You can strip those out by selecting Gaia Runtime in the debug mode in the inspector, then double clicking on the "Scene Profile" in there.

upload_2021-10-14_13-55-39.png

In here you can find all lighting profiles associated with the scene, including the PW ones. There you could strip off lighting profiles you do not use anymore for example.
    upload_2021-10-14_13-57-23.png

17. DucaDiMonteSberna

DucaDiMonteSberna

64.0 mb 4.8% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/3DForge/Textures/fe_village_base.png
    16.0 mb 1.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Lighting/Content Resources/Skyboxes/GaiaSampleMorningAndEvening.hdr
    16.0 mb 1.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Lighting/Content Resources/Skyboxes/GaiaSampleNight.hdr
    16.0 mb 1.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Lighting/Content Resources/Skyboxes/GaiaSampleDay.hdr
    5.7 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Sounds/Forest_3.wav
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_Stone_Grey_02_Cliff_Moss_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_Stone_Grey_02_Cliff_Moss_D.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_Ground_Forest_Sequia_01_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_Ground_Forest_Sequia_01_D.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/Procedural Worlds/Content Resources/PW_Tree_Spruce_05/PW_Tree_Spruce_Needles_02_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/Procedural Worlds/Content Resources/PW_Tree_Spruce_05/PW_Tree_Spruce_Needles_02_D.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plants_Flower_Field/PW_Plants_Flower_Field_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plants_Flower_Field/PW_Plants_Flower_Field_D.tga
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plant_Bushes_Berry/PW_Plants_Berry_Bushes_D.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_Stone_Grey_01_Cliff_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_Stone_Grey_01_Cliff_D.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_Grass_Mountain_01_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_Grass_Mountain_01_D.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/NatureManufacture/T_Ground_Sand_02_A_Sm.tga
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/3DForge/Textures/fe_village_base_wagons.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Stump_05/PW_Tree_Stump_05_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Stump_04/PW_Plants_Debris_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Stump_04/PW_Plants_Debris_D.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Oak/PW_Tree_Trunk_Oak_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/T_Ground_Sand_02_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PWT_Grass_03_Dark_D.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Pine_Long/PW_Tree_Moss_D.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Log_02/PW_Tree_Log_02_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plant_Fern/PW_Flower_Fern_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plant_Fern/PW_Flower_Fern_D.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_SnowCover_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_SnowCover_D.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_Forest_Path_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_Forest_Path_D.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PWT_Grass_03_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/Procedural Worlds/Content Resources/PW_Tree_Spruce_05/PW_Tree_Spruce_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Flowers/PW_Flower_Cluster/PW_Flowers_M.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Flowers/PW_Flower_Cluster/PW_Flowers_D.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Terrain Details/PW_Grass_Dactylis_Glomerata.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Terrain Details/PW_Grass_White_Flower_04.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Terrain Details/PW_Grass_Phleum_Pratense.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Terrain Details/PW_Grass_Blue_Flower_03.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Terrain Details/PW_Grass_Patch_02.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Terrain Details/PW_Grass_Patch_01.png
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/Turboscalpeur/Plant Textures/Flowers Red.psd
    5.3 mb 0.4% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/Standard Assets/Vehicles/Car/Models/SkyCar.fbx
    4.0 mb 0.3% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Sounds/Pack 01 - Ambiance - Forest 02 - Nature - v02N.mp3
    4.0 mb 0.3% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Sounds/Pack 01 - Ambiance - Forest 01 - Nature - v02N.mp3
    3.5 mb 0.3% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Sounds/Forest_1.wav
    3.4 mb 0.3% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/Procedural Worlds/Content Resources/Audio/Gaia Ambient Audio Morning.mp3
    3.3 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/Procedural Worlds/Content Resources/Audio/Gaia Ambient Audio Night.mp3
    3.1 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Sounds/DistantStorm_Mood3.wav
    3.0 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Sounds/Forest_2.wav
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_Stone_Grey_02_Cliff_Moss_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/3DForge/Textures/fe_village_base_wagons_MaskMap.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Water/Content Resources/Textures/Wave Normal Textures/Noise_WaterWave_Large_01_N.jpg
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_Ground_Forest_Sequia_01_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/Procedural Worlds/Content Resources/PW_Tree_Spruce_05/PW_Tree_Spruce_Needles_02_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/3DForge/Textures/fe_village_base_wagons_NRM.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plants_Flower_Field/PW_Plants_Flower_Field_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_Stone_Grey_01_Cliff_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_Grass_Mountain_01_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/Synty Studios/TerrainTextures/POLYGON_Ground_Normal.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/3DForge/Textures/fe_village_base_MaskMap.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Stump_05/PW_Tree_Stump_05_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Stump_05/PW_Tree_Stump_05_D.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Stump_04/PW_Tree_Stump_04_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Stump_04/PW_Tree_Stump_04_D.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Stump_04/PW_Plants_Debris_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Oak/PW_Tree_Trunk_Oak_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Oak/PW_Tree_Trunk_Oak_D.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/NatureManufacture/T_Ground_Sand_02_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/3DForge/Textures/fe_village_base_NRM.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Log_02/PW_Tree_Log_02_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Log_02/PW_Tree_Log_02_D.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plant_Fern/PW_Flower_Fern_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_SnowCover_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PW_Forest_Path_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Ground Textures/PWT_Grass_03_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/Procedural Worlds/Content Resources/PW_Tree_Spruce_05/PW_Tree_Spruce_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/Procedural Worlds/Content Resources/PW_Tree_Spruce_05/PW_Tree_Spruce_D.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/Procedural Worlds/Content Resources/PW_Stone_01/PW_Stone_01_D.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Flowers/PW_Flower_Cluster/PW_Flowers_N.png
    2.7 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Weather/VFX/Textures/Weather_Map_1.png
    2.3 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Sounds/DistantStorm_Mood.wav
    2.0 mb 0.2% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Photo Mode/Textures/PhotoMode Background.png
    2.0 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Shaders/PW General/PW_General_ShaderGraph_URP.shadergraph
    2.0 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Photo Mode/Textures/Reticule.png
    2.0 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Photo Mode/Textures/Rule Of Third.png
    1.8 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Sounds/DistantStorm_Mood4.wav
    1.8 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Sounds/DistantStorm_Mood2.wav
    1.6 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/Procedural Worlds/Content Resources/Audio/Gaia Ambient Audio Evening.mp3
    1.5 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Sounds/NatureDay.wav
    1.3 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plant_Mushroom/PW_Plants_Mushrooms_D.png
    1.3 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plant_Bushes_Berry/PW_Plants_Berry_Bushes_M.png
    1.3 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Water/Content Resources/Textures/Foam Textures/PW_ShoreFoamWithMask.psd
    1.3 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Stump_04/PW_Tree_Stump_04_M.bmp
    1.3 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plant_Fern/PW_Plant_Fern_Real_M.png
    1.3 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plant_Fern/PW_Plant_Fern_Real_D.png
    1.3 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Water/Content Resources/Textures/Foam Textures/PW_ShoreBubbles.psd
    1.3 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/Procedural Worlds/Content Resources/PW_Stone_01/PW_Stone_01_M.png
    1.3 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Asset Samples/Standard Assets/Vehicles/Car/Textures/SkyCarBodyNormals.png
    1.3 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Lighting/Content Resources/Post Processing Profiles/Dirt Lens Textures/LensDirt01.png
    1.3 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Terrain Details/PW_Grass_Pink_Flower_01.png
    1.3 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Spruce/PW_Tree_Spruce_02 Hero.fbx
    1.2 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Spruce/PW_Tree_Spruce_04 Hero.fbx
    1.2 mb 0.1% Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/Shaders/Terrain/TerrainLit.shader
    1.2 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Sounds/NatureDay2.wav
    1.2 mb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Sounds/NatureDay3.wav
    1.0 mb 0.1% Assets/TextMesh Pro/Resources/Fonts & Materials/LiberationSans SDF.asset
    902.5 kb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Spruce/PW_Tree_Spruce_07_Hero.fbx
    899.7 kb 0.1% Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/Shaders/Terrain/TerrainLitAdd.shader
    759.7 kb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Sounds/Calm_Mood.mp3
    695.0 kb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Trees/PW_Tree_Spruce/PW_Tree_Spruce_06 Hero.fbx
    682.9 kb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plant_Fern/PW_Plant_Fern_Realistic_01_LOD3_M.png
    682.9 kb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plant_Fern/PW_Plant_Fern_Realistic_01_LOD3_D.png
    682.9 kb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plants_Flower_Field/PW_Plants_Flower_Field_04_LOD3_M.png
    682.9 kb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plants_Flower_Field/PW_Plants_Flower_Field_04_LOD3_D.png
    682.9 kb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plant_Bushes_Berry/PW_Plants_Berry_Bushes_04_LOD3_M.png
    682.9 kb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plant_Bushes_Berry/PW_Plants_Berry_Bushes_04_LOD3_D.png
    682.9 kb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plant_Bushes_Berry/PW_Plants_Berry_Bushes_02_LOD3_M.png
    682.9 kb 0.1% Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Gaia Pro/Assets/Content Resources/Plants/PW_Plant_Bushes_Berry/PW_Plants_Berry_Bushes_02_LOD3_D.png
    here are some of the largest! Indeed hdr are in top position! I know now how to remove extra lighting but how about pngs and wavs? I have to remove them from biome spawnerr? maybe I can just scale pngs down

18. davidandrade89

davidandrade89

Is this solving the issue? Wanted to try it in Unity2020.3.20 but I am having the same error when installing and in safemode

19. PWPeter

PWPeter

It would really depend if you need those in your project or not, e.g. the largest png right at the beginning is a texture atlas for the 3d forge village buildings, you could reduce the resolution in the texture import settings to bring down the size.

20. PWPeter

PWPeter

Do you really have the exact same error messages in the console window? Could you please post them here? In 2020.3 it normally should work without compilation issues.

21. DucaDiMonteSberna

DucaDiMonteSberna

Thanks, I'll definitely do that. And how about the sound files? I can just delete them?

22. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

PWPeter likes this.
  23. PWPeter

PWPeter

If you do not need them, you can delete them or find out where the reference to that file is stored, and remove the reference there.

24. PWPeter

PWPeter

Congratulations on the launch! This looks super useful for Gaia users, being able to switchto an earlier / different state so easily!

AtomsInTheVoid likes this.
  25. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Thanks! I'm digging into Gaia specifically and I'm considering ways to more directly integrate.

26. PWPeter

PWPeter

Unity released a new editor version 2021.2 recently. Here is a compatibility patch for Gaia (Pro) 2021 if you want to use that new Unity version: https://proceduralworlds.freshdesk....ompatibility-patch-for-gaia-pro-2021-versions Please note that the patch is not the regular Gaia version update with added new features etc., this is just a patch to make the asset store version of Gaia work with the 2021.2 version of Unity.

newguy123 likes this.
  27. JankyOldDog

JankyOldDog

Hi,
    I have Gaia Pro and tried to install it into an existing 2021.2.2 project. I got compiler errors and so I installed the compatibility patch for the 2021.2 version. I'm still getting compiler errors, though. I also tried installing into a brand new 2021.2.2 project and got the same results.

Screenshot 2021-11-21 190036.png

28. JankyOldDog

JankyOldDog

Ooohhh... Gaia Pro 2021 is a completely separate package from Gaia Pro. Didn't realize that. I got the correct version installed now and it works fine. Are newer versions typically released as separate packages?

29. PWPeter

PWPeter

No, only if we release a major new version as a paid update, that is when we need to release it as a separate product within the asset store infrastructure.

30. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

After installing Gaia Pro in unity 2019.3.5 I am getting the following error. Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Utils\GaiaUtils.cs(20,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AQUAS' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

31. Shadowing

Shadowing

Click on player settings and remove the name AQUAS in the list of references

PWPeter and Hawk0077 like this.
  32. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thank you. I will give this a go. Much appreciated!

33. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Worked fine, thanks.

PWPeter likes this.
  34. BryanMarsh-ProceduralWorlds

BryanMarsh-ProceduralWorlds

Announcing our inaugural GAME JAM!

#NaturesBeauty is a chance to build worlds with others in our community. What’s beautiful about nature? How can its beauty inspire us to create worlds and experiences that are fun, surprising, unexpected, new...

Team up over the next month from Nov 24 to Dec 20. Share ideas, make worlds, conjure up 3D magic.

Each week, we will gift our World Building Bundle http://ow.ly/MjNV50GWiRU for sharing the best work in progress, and we have many more prizes for the winners.

Live streams on Twitch will keep the conversation, ideas, and development flowing.

Join our Discord http://ow.ly/Rt1Y50GWiRZ and find out more on the #naturesbeauty-info channel

Mark_01 and Kennth like this.
  35. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, Gaia Pro usingUnity 2019.4.33 just started throwing errors.

I reinstalled it but that made no difference.

Any ideas.

It started at the same time as I added the Stamper and added a RAW file. The saving of which went fine, then the error started. I deleted the stamp I created but the error persists.

This is the full error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Gaia.GaiaMultiTerrainOperation.AddAffectedTerrainPixels (UnityEngine.RectInt opRect, Gaia.MultiTerrainOperationType opType, System.Int32 opWidth, System.Int32 opHeight, UnityEngine.TerrainLayer layer) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/MultiTerrainSystem/GaiaMultiTerrainOperation.cs:2807)
    Gaia.GaiaMultiTerrainOperation.GetHeightmap () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/MultiTerrainSystem/GaiaMultiTerrainOperation.cs:242)
    Gaia.Stamper.ApplyBrush (Gaia.GaiaMultiTerrainOperation operation) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/StampingSystem/Stamper.cs:2266)
    Gaia.Stamper.DrawStampPreview () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/StampingSystem/Stamper.cs:1832)
    Gaia.StamperEditor.OnSceneGUI () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/StamperEditor.cs:1903)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at <3d6d6a4a6d7c4ec2aa654b7d8f54a096>:0)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at <3d6d6a4a6d7c4ec2aa654b7d8f54a096>:0)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at <3d6d6a4a6d7c4ec2aa654b7d8f54a096>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at <3d6d6a4a6d7c4ec2aa654b7d8f54a096>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at <3d6d6a4a6d7c4ec2aa654b7d8f54a096>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at <3d6d6a4a6d7c4ec2aa654b7d8f54a096>:0)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect) (at <3d6d6a4a6d7c4ec2aa654b7d8f54a096>:0)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at <3d6d6a4a6d7c4ec2aa654b7d8f54a096>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <cb39c3d61d484a1d9d85158bfe5b2e83>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <cb39c3d61d484a1d9d85158bfe5b2e83>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoIMGUIRepaint () (at <cb39c3d61d484a1d9d85158bfe5b2e83>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChainCommand.ExecuteNonDrawMesh (UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.DrawParams drawParams, System.Boolean straightY, System.Single pixelsPerPoint, System.Exception& immediateException) (at <cb39c3d61d484a1d9d85158bfe5b2e83>:0)
    Rethrow as ImmediateModeException
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChain.Render (UnityEngine.Rect viewport, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection, UnityEngine.UIElements.PanelClearFlags clearFlags) (at <cb39c3d61d484a1d9d85158bfe5b2e83>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.DrawChain (UnityEngine.Rect viewport, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection) (at <cb39c3d61d484a1d9d85158bfe5b2e83>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.Update () (at <cb39c3d61d484a1d9d85158bfe5b2e83>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTreePhase (UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdatePhase phase) (at <cb39c3d61d484a1d9d85158bfe5b2e83>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.UpdateForRepaint () (at <cb39c3d61d484a1d9d85158bfe5b2e83>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at <cb39c3d61d484a1d9d85158bfe5b2e83>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at <cb39c3d61d484a1d9d85158bfe5b2e83>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at <cb39c3d61d484a1d9d85158bfe5b2e83>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at <c6fb44a03db64bd4a43ea88cab15457f>:0)

36. PWPeter

PWPeter

Thanks for providing the full error message! I checked the error, and it looks like for me there might be a terrain involved in the operation where the terrain data object is missing. Could you please put the inspector in debug mode and check if you can find any terrains in your scene / setup where the terrain data object is empty like so:

upload_2021-12-4_1-22-18.png

If such a terrain is in your scene, I would expect it to throw this error e.g. when stamping or spawning.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  37. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks, in that case I know what the issue is.

I installed Mountain environmentBy NM, and its only compatible with unity 2020 so the terrain wasnt installed. The Mountain Environment works fine in 202 as it should.

It was just that I installed that package and the error didnt come for a while. But eithr way, I can solve it now. Thanks.

38. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I am actually looking for a process to completely remove CTS at present so can you pint to any resource/post?

It being deprecated means I cant use it as I want to keep thing updated. Unity etc.

Thanks agaIn Peter.

39. PWPeter

PWPeter

It should be enough to set the CTS Profile to "None" in the CTS component, and then remove it from the terrain. IIRC there is also an entry to remove CTS from all terrains in the CTS window menu. After that you should be able to delete the Procedural Worlds\CTS folder.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  40. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thank you Pewter, I decided to stop updating unity until I have an actual game so will be sticking with 2019 as anything above just caused too many issues. Thanks though.

Kennth and PWPeter like this.
  41. Artini

Artini

Is Ambient Skies still supported in Gaia Pro 2021?
    Ambient Skies has just disappeared from Unity Asset store and is marked as "Deprecated".

42. Artini

Artini

I am using Unity 2021.1.28f1 with URP and HDRP.
    What integrations with Gaia Pro 2021 are actually working here?

43. spikezart

spikezart

Hey all, Im getting the hang of Gaia 2021 Pro now but wanted to ask:

Is there a way to change the time of day in runtime? I'm thinking of giving users the option to change the time of day. Im not interested in a geo location sync, but rather that the user can select a time of day to be in, such as sunrise.

44. PWPeter

PWPeter

Sorry, it looks like we missed your message on here - Ambient Skies is not officially supported anymore. We deprecated it because there was not that much interest in it and it had quite a bit of intersection with the lighting in Gaia as well.

That depends on the asset store developers, some develop their own integrations for Gaia. We do have the official Gaia extensions system as well where developers can make their assets accessible from the Gaia Manager.

45. PWPeter

PWPeter

You can use the static functions
    GaiaAPI.SetTimeOfDayHour
    GaiaAPI.SetTimeOfDayMinute
    to set the time during runtime.

spikezart likes this.
  46. spikezart

spikezart

Thank you
    Thank you

47. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

48. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

49. spikezart

spikezart

Ive applied for an account a few days ago, how long should I expect an account to be created? Ive submitted my invoices.

50. PWPeter

PWPeter

We usually approve the account within a day max, you would normally need to create an account first yourself, then send us the invoice numbers via the contact form so we can elevate that account into the customer role. But even if you did not create an account first, you should've gotten a message at least explaining this procedure, maybe that went into the spam folder?
    If you could send me the email you used via direct message, then I can investigate further.