Search Unity

GAIA - AAA terrain generator, procedural texturing, planting and scene creation

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdamGoodrich, May 21, 2015.

1. BryanPW

BryanPW

upload_2021-1-14_23-56-27.png

Here is another screenshot in play mode.

2. koirat

koirat

I have got Gaia 2 not PRO does it make a difference ?

3. ProjectMakers

ProjectMakers

Hello,

I have a question about version 2.2.3.
    I have updated an older version, but Gaja still shows me 2.2.1-c3 in the manager.
    Do I have to delete Gaia (pro) again completely and reinstall?
    Bild vom Manager:
    https://ibb.co/BnT1XxJ

4. BryanPW

BryanPW

No it shouldn't.

5. BryanPW

BryanPW

Yes and depending on the Unity version you are using there is a bug in Unity with the package manager. Here is the solution to that:

NOTE : Package Manager BUG
    The unity package manager has a nasty bug and is not grabbing and installing the latest updates. You need to delete your cache before re-importing. Instructions below:
    https://answers.unity.com/questions/690729/how-do-you-remove-packages-already-downloaded-from.html

6. koirat

koirat

I had to make drastic measures, I removed everything and redownloaded the gaia. It started to work.

7. BryanPW

BryanPW

Thats good!

8. SkandYxyz

SkandYxyz

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  9. BryanPW

BryanPW

10. Alien_J

Alien_J

Picked up GAIA 2 a while ago. Thank you for this amazing asset.

Wondering if GAIA 2 supports brush rotation as the Unity terrain tools?

It's kind of a hassle having to rotate the brushes manually with my photo editor.

11. kloogens

kloogens

My Impostors are out of sync with my terrain tiles. I made edits to my terrains and the imposters remain like the older ones.

How do I regenerate my impostors?
    Of course, I spend two days on and off trying to figure this out and of course the second after I post I make progress. This always seems to happen.

For others:

This is what I did

I went to the Manager.

Clicked The Advanced Tab
    Clicked the Terrain Mesh Exporter Button

In the Terrain Exporter Window
    I have all Terrains Selected in the first DropDown
    I have the destination folder set to Session/SessionName/Impostor Scenes
    I have the 04 Create Imposter preset selected

Make sure you have the terrains loaded first.

I click Start Export.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    BryanPW likes this.
  12. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

in Gaia2 how do I turn on and off the landscape itself und the water correctly by script?
    I am creating an arcade space shooter with flying in space or over a planet surface (gaia) that could have water or not.

Turning on / off Landscape with its gameobject works fine:

Landscape.SetActive(true);

but not for the water, I tried to set it by the gaiaSceneWater object included in Gaia Water under Gaia Runtime:
    public GaiaSceneWater gaiaSceneWater;

but both does no work (or at least it works in editor, but not in pc standalone build):
    gaiaSceneWater.gameObject.SetActive(true);
    or
    gaiaSceneWater.enabled = true;

How can I do that by script?

And are there already any cool alien planet surfaces /stamps or something like that?

Thanks a lot :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  13. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Still got the problem in Build my water is always there and I do not know how I can turn it off.
    Any hint please how to hide / deactivate the gaia water?

Thanks

14. jakejolli

jakejolli

Hey seunggs,

How did your testing of Gaia on the quest go?

I'm starting my own project for the quest 2 and plan on using Gaia, CTS and Enviro with it. I'd be very interested to hear of any problems you encountered, specifically around performance.

15. PWPeter

PWPeter

S4G4N, SamRock, Duffer123 and 3 others like this.
  16. creat327

creat327

I'm building a mobile game. I tried using the Gaia 2 water on it but it's super slow. Any tricks?

17. Recon03

Recon03

for Water , you need to be using one that is designed for mobile. So, Not sure what GAIA has for water shaders, its been awhile. But look for one of the basic ones. GAIA used to have basic, advance and so on. So, look for ones that are basic, I know Adam and his team normally has shaders for mobile. ..... Also for water, if its an OPEN world, meaning larger body of water.. Mobile, even more so, needs to be culled/streamed.. .meaning loaded in with chunks. Foliage is even more so....you need to control how dense it is...because this can vary from device to device.. .So to say something is slow is pretty vague... Profile it and come back and report your findings... So, the developers can help you better. I know they also use support tickets now a days as well on there forums. I'm not on Discord anymore, but I know they do there support from the ticket system... But before you do I recommend, you to profile it and give them info on the mobile device you are testing on..... Otherwise, that is pretty vague info, to go from.

Mark_01 likes this.
  18. creat327

creat327

nope it does´nt work like that any more. There is only "water". And you can pick if ocean or lake.

19. Recon03

Recon03

It isn't like what anymore??? water is a shader....and planes.... Making the chunks is UP to you... But I know GAIA pro has a streaming system built in... that I do know as I tested in back when it was being made..

I just checked, so ya... GAIA like before has presets, you can edit the profile, and add what ever you like. See image below, for presets . You can change it to a low poly , or any one you like. You can add your own, or some other as well... I know PW always makes it so, you can use what ever you like fairly easily.

For mobile be sure to use shaders that don't have expensive functions. Low poly , Standard etc. Look at what functions are on each one, and test. This will depend on the devices you support.

If you are having issues, remember PW has a ticket system .

Attached Files:

20. Rowlan

Rowlan

fyi, I just noticed the Awards tag on your Asset Store image and it seems you have an error in your Asset Store description. The Asset Store Awards rule was this:

rules.png

ie must have been released between December 1, 2019 and November 30, 2020. However your description says this:

original.png
    I suggest to correct it, otherwise with this Award one could mistakenly assume that the Update to Gaia 2 wasn't eligible to be given this Award by the Asset Store Team:

award.jpg

As far as I recall the Update to Gaia 2 was released in March 2020.

21. PWPeter

PWPeter

Hi everyone, we are happy to announce the launch of Gaia Pro 2021.

Gaia Pro 2021 kicks off support for Unity 2020 LTS and the Unity 2021 release cycle with the following major new features:
    • World Designer - fully procedural world generator
    • Flora Grass / Detail System - accelerated grass system (currently in HDRP beta)
    • Photo Mode - awesome runtime photo creation system * World Space Masks - world space image and distance masks
    • Terrain Addition / Deletion support - dynamically grow your world from the Gaia Manager
    • Biome Based Stamping - shape your terrain as part of your biome spawning
    • Terrain Stitching Tool - dynamically connect terrains to remove gaps
    • GAIA API - call Gaia functions from code within the unit editor.

Please see the release notes for more information!

IMPORTANT:
    1. In order to use the new Gaia Pro 2021 you must use Unity version 2020.3 or higher
    2. Anyone that has purchased Gaia Pro in the last 4 months will get Gaia Pro 2021 for free
    3. There is an upgrade price for Gaia 2 and Gaia Pro users.
    4. For a limited time the upgrade price to Gaia Pro 2021 is on sale with the Unity Spring Sale- the price will go up after the sale
    5. A similar upgraded version of Gaia 2 called Gaia 2021 will be released shortly after (ETA: within 24 hours)
    Thank you for all the love and support, lets create amazing worlds together!

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/terrain/gaia-pro-2021-terrain-scene-generator-193476

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    S4G4N and AdamGoodrich like this.
  22. Rowlan

Rowlan

Is there some way to filter out Gaia Pro 2021 reviews? I wanted to read them, but it's rather confusing to find ones. I know that the Gaia Pro reviews are built up on the Gaia 2 reviews from 5 years ago:

Gaia 2: 484 Reviews
    gaia 2.png

Gaia Pro: 502 Reviews

gaia pro.png

However, Gaia Pro 2021: 572 Reviews

gaia pro 2021.png

Since Gaia Pro 2021 got released yesterday, I thought it must be awesome to have 70 reviews within its first day. But all I could find is reviews on version 2.2.4. I guess those 2021 reviews would show up as version 3? I hope you understand my confusion. Thank you very much for the help!

EricWilliams and Kennth like this.
  23. Artini

Artini

24. Artini

Artini

So, what are the main differences between Gaia Pro 2021 and the previous version?
    I have noticed, that it is supposed to be a better compatibility with Unity 2020 and 2021.
    What about HDRP support? Is it any better?
    I would really like to use Gaia Pro and the rest of Procedural Worlds products in HDRP to the max.
    Anybody has already bought Gaia Pro 2021?
    Please share your opinions and reviews. Thanks.

25. Kennth

Kennth

I have to agree on this one. Gaia Pro 2021 has 572 reviews since April 15 2021 ???
    I bought it and use Gaia, I like the products, but it seems a tad shady to carry over reviews.
    It seems like hiding something, or at the very lest giving an impression that may not be right,
    to new users to Unity.

26. Recon03

Recon03

from 2015 review it will say
    1st Purchase
    5 years ago
    vamproyon previous version 1.0.0

So not sure what is so shady about that.....

ibwittiton previous version 2.2.4 2020... GAIA pro review... .see versions... Not sure what is so shady about this, since you are talking about review, when a user , reviews, it automatic, adds the version they are USING... This is on the Unity side.. .Not PW side....

Intuitive, easy to use generator with breathtaking results.
    2 days ago
    Dare I say this is the best asset I've ever purchased? This is the easiest way to create detailed and life like terrains/scenes in your Unity project, bar none. The examples shown in the videos for this asset only scratch the surface in regards to it's overall functionality as a terrain generator. You can absolutely have a full terrain with grass, trees and just about any other object in a matter of minutes. I went from spending hours trying to make my own mundane terrains to creating lush environments in literal minutes. This workflow makes so much more sense than trying to use the native Unity terrain tools (not to knock terrain tools, they are great in their own way.) This is just so much easier when you're trying to nail down a random, yet beautiful scene without wanting to spend hours to days to god knows how long on manually creating it by hand. Fantastic asset.
    1 of 1 user found this review helpful
    Was this review helpful?

Reply from publisher:
    replied a day ago
    Thanks for your review :) We are glad you are enjoying Gaia!

where current 2020, version will show current version as seen in my above posts... 3.0 for 2021, means no one has reviewed yet.... This is on Unity end anyways...but, this is why Unity has versions..... So, I love when people say shady....when each asset shares its features, which I been here since GAIA 2015 and Unity 2.. early days before the asset existed.... You guys have it good.... in the professional world, you would not be paying 20-200$ for such tools...you would be paying 2000$.... So, I don't get the rude remarks. about something being shady...if PW was shady, they would not hold awards and be so popular for over 6 years...as they had..Just saying..

From my professional experience and working with Unity PW has made the most professional tools, inside Unity, unlike Unity them selves who does not make games..So, I don't see anything shady, this is industry standard, which includes every single piece of software I ever used in this industry goes by VERSIONS...Now that i'm retired, I let my kids use them and they love PW tools to , and they are 6 and 7 years old..... They are so easy to use, kids can use them....with ease...

S4G4N likes this.
  27. Recon03

Recon03

it will say the version once someone does a review and download GAIA PRO 2021 which is 3.0 I think . its that way for nearly every asset.
    This is normally a Unity thing. I had asked Unity this years ago, for new assets. The only part I always disliked that I was unable to review each asset. . Like World Streamer 1, for World STreamer 2, I was unable to review both. So this is on Unity end. But it does share the versions, so you can see which version the user is reviewing.

The asset store itself has had issues since they opened it, so this is part of it, the version thing is there so for reviews that is covered, but they should fix it so we can review each asset, independent to the asset, I had asked Unity this a long time ago and I know some other developers had, but Unity, seems to always ignore us. So i'm sure there is limited things PW can do either.
    Lets Hope Unity one day, gets there act in gear with some of these issues. the versions thing, to me is fine, but making reviews independent is more important. I personally used to update my assets every year in reviews and state that, but that was something I did personally. Then Unity stopped that so I couldn't update my reviews anymore, I had to delete all together and reapply. sadly the asset devs have limited to no control from what I been told by many who I had become friends with over the years and talk to. So, I would contact Unity as well. to see if one day they do that.......

S4G4N likes this.
  28. Recon03

Recon03

I know PW uses Discord, and the community is very active, I'm no longer on Discord myself. But I know that is where they have been most companies, and people have went to discord its easier for them to manage and to talk to the users. PW also has there own support forums and forums...... On the asset also shares a link... about some of the new stuff... https://proceduralworlds.freshdesk....cles/33000262355-using-the-new-world-designer

S4G4N likes this.
  29. Kennth

Kennth

I also said " I bought it Gaia 2021 and use Gaia, I like the products, " Period. The word shady, yeah may have gone to far..

HOW ever now reading " what's new " I could look like the developer was " holding back " new features to put into 2021.. to keep selling new versions. It could be read this way.

I am not here to argue, as I said I bought Gaia 2021, If fact have all PW products starting on the original Gaia.
    They are charging " Corporate " prices to corporations. I did not know the review hold over was on Unity side,
    there fore I withdraw the " shady " comment. But it should be fixed and or let people know whats what.
    Last post for me here. Except to say, threatening people about how good they have it here, and how lucky we are to have such low cost software as compared to the " professional world "
    real smooth.

EricWilliams likes this.
  30. bthanse

bthanse

I think it is really bad to move old reviews on a "new" asset. It is a big differance in a asset that is updated and have different version number, and this. What next step from PW ? It looks like they do this to deprecate /phase out Gaia 2 and Gaia Pro ? So now I have to spend 70 USD more to use it on the latest Unity.

Ne0mega likes this.
  31. Recon03

Recon03

Again rude comments only get you so far... You are expecting asset devs to do things, they have no control.. Clearly you aren't reading.. Once again and you are hear to argue. This was to share, that PW can't do everything you wish them to... nor can any other asset dev, I see this all the time from Unity users who CHOOSE to make rude comments instead. PW also has a support forum as I explained and Discord. SO it sounds like you have other interest which is making rude comments.

VERSIONS as I said, for 2021, no one made a review yet. as you can see by the versions.. if you wanted more info, I gave you the options, one was which is actually on the asset store linked to 2021, and the other was Discord. PW also has a You tube channel but I didn't see anything related to the new stuff on You tube yet. But I did see there as the link said on the asset store of GAIA 2021 , I was able to find this info in seconds... Reading a description goes a long ways..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT4URPlQykYmsau4w02LTzA If you keep an eye here, they always add new stuff here to share new stuff off, also Brain one of there support guys, also does streaming which you can get from Discord......which is why I shared this...

If you think PW is charging" They are charging " Corporate " prices to corporations" clearly you have never worked in the gaming development industry... (we charge about 150-300$ an hour..)

if you truly wanted help, you would of just asked a question. but I just seen rude comments about how shady someone was. Someone who I respect which is PW... So, if I got defensive, I do, due to my experiences with PW, and I know how much Adam the CEO of the company cares..... He don't have a shady bone in his body..

So if you want help here are those options.

Best thing to do, is ask in the PW support Forums/ticket. , they can help you. https://www.procedural-worlds.com/

Unity support can help if its asset store related. as I said. Which it sounds like by your comment. https://unity.com/support-services

https://proceduralworlds.freshdesk....cles/33000262355-using-the-new-world-designer 2ND TIME.. new stuff for GAIA 2021 shown here. and support as well. ( I got this from the Asset itself on the description...

Description
    Gaia Pro 2021 LAUNCHES!

Gaia Pro 2021 kicks off support for Unity 2020 LTS and the Unity 2021 release cycle with the following major new features:

• Flora Grass / Detail System - accelerated grass system (HDRP beta)
    • Photo Mode - awesome runtime photo creation system
    • World Space Masks - world space image and distance masks
    • Terrain Addition / Deletion support - dynamically grow your world
    • Biome Based Stamping - shape your terrain as part of your biome
    • GAIA API - call Gaia functions within editor.
    • See release notes for more information!

S4G4N likes this.
  32. PWPeter

PWPeter

RE: Reviews - Recon has summed it up already, but when we are setting up an upgrade for Gaia or any asset, we are using the upgrade functionality of the asset store backend, which is documented here: https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/articles/208468576-How-do-I-create-upgrades-for-my-assets-
    When using this option, the reviews between the assets that have an upgrade path are being shared. So this is an intentional functionality of the asset store. If that is good or bad is up for discussion, I personally think it has advantages and disadvantages, what currently is missing would be a filter for reviews by version, and maybe more transparency in the review statistics as well.

This is not correct, Gaia 2 / Pro (without 2021) work fine in the latest unity version 2021.1.

AdamGoodrich, S4G4N and Recon03 like this.
  33. Recon03

Recon03

Ya the review aspect as I was saying in the other posts is something I always brought up to Unity as a whole that for new assets, I feel we should be able, but sadly this is on Unity end. I wish Unity would address this. but Unity is terrible at interface and understanding our needs, they also rarely listen to asset developers, or game developers on some many issues. ( from my experience) Unity would mess up a "wet dream" . So I agree there 100%. I gave up trying to get Unity, to listen to Game developers... for anything....

When they took my ability to update my reviews Unity really ticked me off, as I always used to update my reviews based on versions....

As Peter was saying, there are pros and cons to many of those features...

Unity needs to hire a proper UX/UI Designer.. there UX/UI on there asset store and search features are one of the worst I ever used....

Remember the process PW is following is yearly updates, which is just like what Auto Desk does, Adobe does, and just about every other software does... World Creator, World Machine, GAEA and many of the others.......Nothing is forced.... This is industry standard today, it cost money to maintain and add NEW features.. if these companies did not, do yearly updates, they all would NEVER stay in business. This is part of business and why we see so many assets drop off the store, and give poor support....So many assets do not work in real game dev production....
    PW has been proven to.......So I support the yearly updates.... as should everyone else... I for one still use Auto Desk 2016 Maya as I don't want to update.... nor want to sub and I can use just fine, I don't get all of the new stuff. So this is like what PW does as well... This is why users who own older versions aren't paying full price, they are getting a discount , other software does too, so basically you are paying for new features only....Which is why they discount it......this is very common....

.. But for Modo I own Modo 15, and pay 400 $ year to update.. as an example and many other software.
    SO I GIVE these examples to share that PW, is not doing anything new.... This is industry standard...... so keep this in mind.

PS: I don't speak for PW at all, just sharing, what is common practice from the industry....from other software from my experience. I own, and have used most AAA software in the last 30 years of game development, and have seen much of this happen over the years. ( Imagine running a game, "free" for 6 years....where you are still paying server costs and development costs..( and taking it little to nothing) ..So I understand the yearly costs in the industry... Auto Desk , Adobe and others have done this for over 20 years now... Lets be glad we don't have to pay sub costs .... lol

Nice Job Procedural Worlds, I have not stay up to date, since I retired, but I try to check in from time to time. keep up the good work.... GENA pro is amazing by the way. I love it. I been messing around with it.

34. Rowlan

Rowlan

Do you know the reason why there are 70 more reviews for the update within a single day compared to the version before? If you think it's a bug with the Asset Store, will you file a bug report? Otherwise, if you want me to file one, just let me know, I'd be happy to. There is still not a single review on version 3 visible. Yet there should be 70. Something is clearly wrong.

35. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

You could always just read the screen.

The new bits are bold at the front of Gaia Pro 2021 :)

Gaia Pro 2021 - Terrain & Scene Generator | Terrain | Unity Asset Store

To summarize Peters earlier Post again:

NEW:
    • Flora Grass / Detail System - accelerated grass system (HDRP beta)
    • Photo Mode - awesome runtime photo creation system
    • World Space Masks - world space image and distance masks
    • Terrain Addition / Deletion support - dynamically grow your world
    • Biome Based Stamping - shape your terrain as part of your biome
    • GAIA API - call Gaia functions within editor.
    We will share videos of the new tech in next few days.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  36. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Here are some screen shots from the asset store.

New Procedural World Designer.

ScreenShot 1.png

HDRP Grass System

ScreenShot 3.png

ScreenShot 4.png

New Photo Mode.

ScreenShot 5.png

Mark_01, DragonmoN, Duffer123 and 2 others like this.
  37. Artini

Artini

Thanks a lot for all of the information.
    I am using Unity only from the version, when it has become Personal Edition,
    and still have not made any money with it (it is more than 5 years or so) - I am so green ;).
    What a shame, so I would like finally to start making some money from all assets
    I have bought in Unity Asset store.
    That is why I ask sometimes the strange questions...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    Kennth, Mark_01 and S4G4N like this.
  38. Minimilian

Minimilian

Hello people, please help me 'cause I am going crazy. :D

I am getting a bunch of errors since the last couple of days, and I can't get rid of them. I upgraded to pro 2021 tonight, but that doesn't change anything. I wouldn't define myself as a great Unity expert but at this point I'm not either a TOTAL noob, and I can't understand what generates this absurdity.

strano errore gaia pro.png

If I don't import Gena I only have two errors related to Gena. When I import it, this happens. Any attempt to solve seems to just generate new errors lol.

Can you help? Any idea?

39. PWPeter

PWPeter

The errors from the screenshot look like another script or asset is overriding the built-in class "CharacterController" from the Unity Engine itself: The error messages state that fields like e.g. "isGrounded" would not exist on that class, but they should exist in the original class in the Unity Engine namespace: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/CharacterController-isGrounded.html

To find out who / what is overriding this class you can double click on the error to bring up the offending line, and then check where the term "CharacterController" links to. If you right-click on the term you should see an entry like "Go To Definition" that would open the script where the other CharacterController class is defined. If that is in your own scripts you could add your own namespace to avoid such conflicts, if it is another asset you would need to contact the manufacturer of that asset to make them aware of that issue.

Minimilian and Mark_01 like this.
  40. Rowlan

Rowlan

There's obviously something broken with the Asset Store, I submitted a Support Ticket, Unity is already investigating. As of now there are clearly 71 reviews missing from Gaia Pro to Gaia Pro 2021. Easily to be seen by showing all reviews on a single page and making a diff. Doesn't explain though why e. g. a review from 4 years ago is in the one list an not in the other. Not even the review page itself adds up. "First it says "This asset has 1311 user ratings and 572 user reviews" and a few lines later it says "View all 567 reviews":

gp2021.png
    Looks like a debug job for an asset store website dev.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  41. Artini

Artini

Gaia Pro 2021 just crashes Unity 2020.3.4 f1 in HDRP.
    Does anybody get it running in HDRP in any version of Unity 2020.3 or 2021.1?

S4G4N likes this.
  42. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey @Artini
    Please feel welcome to come over to the Discord for Procedural world
    You will easily find users that are on 24/7 and all PW team members to help with such questions and get you on your way fast

43. Minimilian

Minimilian

First, thanks for your help.
    Unfortunately, it looks like I'm out of luck.

Going to definition simply brings me to an earlier line of the same file.

Code (CSharp):
    1.  private Camera m_Camera;
    2.         private bool m_Jump = true;
    3.         private float m_YRotation;
    4.         private Vector2 m_Input = new Vector2();
    5.         private Vector3 m_MoveDir = Vector3.zero;
    6.         private CharacterController m_CharacterController = new CharacterController(); <-- HERE
    7.         private CollisionFlags m_CollisionFlags = CollisionFlags.None;
    8.         private bool m_PreviouslyGrounded = false;
    9.         private Vector3 m_OriginalCameraPosition = Vector3.zero;
    10.         private float m_StepCycle = 0f;
    11.         private float m_NextStep = 0f;
    12.         private bool m_Jumping = false;
    13.         private AudioSource m_AudioSource = new AudioSource();
    I tried installing Standard Assets, solving all the related problems and it got me here again.
    Uninstalling them completely gets me here once more. It feels like being trapped in a loop.

I suppose I must have done something wrong, because on a fresh project I don't have this issue... but what?
    I haven't installed anything that I haven't used already in the past.

I could bring all my work to the new project I created for testing purpose, but I'd like to actually understand the issue. If, as I think, it's somehow my fault, I would like to be able to prevent it in the future and solve if it happens. :)

Thanks in advance.

44. PWPeter

PWPeter

Reading your reply, I noticed that my description was not 100% precise, you would need to do the right-click Go-To-Definition thing on the class name itself, not on the local field / variable. In your code snippet from your latest post it would be in line 6, the first occurrence of "CharacterController", right click on that and select "go to definition".

By default you can't have two c# classes with the exact same name in the project. But what you can do is you can use namespaces to be allowed to create your own collection of classes under a common name. Unity does this, and with Gaia we do this as well. In this way we can be sure no class of Gaia interferes with anything what is in unity or in another asset.
    The problems start if another script or asset starts to add classes without using a namespace. Normally if you write
    Code (CSharp):
    1. private CharacterController m_CharacterController = new CharacterController();
    the class "CharacterController" should link to the one defined by Unity, but if there is another definition of "CharacterController" elsewhere in the project without a namespace, it will link to that class definition then. This causes other scripts like the ones included in Gaia to break then, because they were written with the CharacterController in the Unity Engine in mind.
    If you want to dive in fully please see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/dotnet/csharp/programming-guide/namespaces/using-namespaces

Minimilian likes this.
  45. Artini

Artini

Sorry, but I do not use Discord and will not start to use it. It is against my life policy.

JohnnyFactor and Ne0mega like this.
  46. Minimilian

Minimilian

Thanks, I'll have another look at this later today.
    Actually, I remember I tried going to the CharacterController definition out of curiosity, and remember I saw something that seemed odd. But I'm not an expert and I ignored it; also it was night, and I can't remember. I'll check again and let you know.

Meanwhile I'm learning a couple of things so I'm satisfied nevertheless. :)

47. Minimilian

Minimilian

Just so you know, I solved. Thanks again for giving me the initial clue, and explaining how to investigate the problem better. The issue was in the Script folder of an Asset demo scene. Since it was a basic FPS character controller, and I didn't need it at all, I just deleted the folder.

Thanks again. Now I can focus on the new and promising version of Gaia Pro. Which leads me to... any new tutorial? I guess I'll be looking for more infos within a couple of days, and the tutorials page on the website seems stuck to v. 2.2.1

48. BryanPW

BryanPW

I have noticed that this version of Unity crashes a ton regardless of having Gaia in the project or not it seems.
    What you can do is send me the Editor log or you can take a look and see what is causing the crashing. If you can please use our support ticket system:

https://proceduralworlds.freshdesk.com/

49. Artini

Artini

Hi, thanks. Got it to work, in HDRP in Unity 2020.3.4f1 Personal,
    at least with Alpine Meadow preset. Car looks ok in HDRP,
    but there are some particles, that are in pink - see below.
    Otherwise it looks pretty nice. Will check next with the another 3rd Person Controller
    from Unity Asset Store.
    AlpineMeadowCar01.jpg

S4G4N likes this.
  50. Artini

Artini

Right now, I would like to create many cut scenes, just to enjoy a new Gaia Pro 2021.
    Is Pegasus still up to date or are there the other recommendations for creating cut scenes?
    What about integration with the other packages from Procedural Worlds?
    I have purchased almost all of them, but not Ambient Sounds.
    Can SECTR COMPLETE 2019 act as a replacement to Ambient Sounds?