Search Unity

GAIA - AAA terrain generator, procedural texturing, planting and scene creation

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdamGoodrich, May 21, 2015.

1. crownracing

crownracing

Simple question: Having trouble deleting a scene. Please explain how to delete a scene so I can start over. Thanks.

2. Skotrap7

Skotrap7

Deleting the whole scene, or just the terrain? Delete a whole scene just CTRL+N to create a new one, then delete the SceneName.unity file in your project files.

3. crownracing

crownracing

Followed the instructions explicitly to create a scene, but when I hit preview, a
    no terrain is shown. Why can't I preview the scene? The software failed to
    create a scene.

4. tcz8

tcz8

5. CFrosty

CFrosty

I am also having this problem. Any solution yet?

6. Skotrap7

Skotrap7

Bump

7. atomfoundry

atomfoundry

Running Unity 2019.4.11f1, HDRP, clean project, import Gaia Pro v2.2.1

I go through setup, keeping basic settings. In terrains I tell it to generate 10x10 1024 sq. meter terrains and I can see the progress bar go through 400 steps (about 12 minutes) but I only end up with a handful of random terrains instead of 100. For example, my latest try gave me 3 Terrain_9_9s, 2 Terrain_9_10s, 2 Terrain 10_9s, and 2 Terrain_10_10s, a total of 9 terrains but most of them duplicates. If I generate 5x5 I get 25 terrains all sequentially numbered but 10x10 fails.

Is there a setting somewhere I missed? The floating point fix is checked (automatically) when I generate the large terrain set.

8. CFrosty

CFrosty

@BryanPW I do not mean any slight in this. Is this the correct channel to ask for help and support?

9. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

A lot of times you can get support here from other community members. If you are looking for support from actual PW staff it is best that you use their ticketing system. There is a link for it up in Bryan's message signature. So much happens here in the forum that things can get lost pretty quickly and easily.

BryanPW likes this.
  10. crownracing

crownracing

Just a question: We bought Gaia 2 and found it not to be usable for us. It's so stripped down, and when we finally were able to create a scene it was arcade quality. We are considering Gaia Pro; maybe it can work. Our experience with Gaia 2 left us feeling that Gaia Pro might not be much better. Can it really create realistic terrain, or would it be more like Gaia 2? The demo of Gaia 2 misrepresented its capability. Any opinions on Gaia Pro?

11. BryanPW

BryanPW

Yes, it is.

12. BryanPW

BryanPW

Depends, on how you made the terrain.
    How did you make your terrain? You can try to create a height map based on the terrain. Then use that and stamp it on a Gaia Terrain.

13. BryanPW

BryanPW

Can you please tell me what version of Unity you are using and What Gaia version you are using?
    Please note if you are using the latest Gaia 2 or Gaia Pro you will need to use the Unity version 2019.3 or higher.

Then please check to see if Gizmos is enabled.

14. BryanPW

BryanPW

This is because the price of Gaia Pro is $287.00 USD
    Then 40% is $172.20.

Because you own Gaia 2 you only need to pay the upgrade fee.

So while the discount is $172.20 you also get a discount which is $120.

While the sale lasted..

15. Skotrap7

Skotrap7

Just a hand made Unity Terrain, but it has multiple tiles.

16. BryanPW

BryanPW

17. BryanPW

BryanPW

You should be fine as Gaia uses the Unity terrain.

18. koirat

koirat

No it is not working.
    Right now I got HDRP 9.*** but it was not working even with 8.***
    In your source you got "UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering" but it is no longer in experimental.
    It's probably in UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition but when i change it i still got multitude of error.

This is one of the multitude of errors, there are many more in 3rd Party Samplers.

19. BryanPW

BryanPW

Thank you for this information I will look into this!

20. Superjayjay

Superjayjay

Loving playing around with Gaia Pro, but now that I'm preparing to actually use it in our project two questions popped up:

How do I add an existing terrain to Gaia? I absolutely need to keep my current terrain topology but I'd like to be able to use stamps and use Gaia's texture spawner. Which brings me to:

How do I use Gaia's texture spawner but without replacing a specific texture? Case in point, I have some manually drawn paths and a few other details I want to keep and just update the rest of the terrain.

Thanks in advance!

S4G4N likes this.
  21. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey man,

You should pop over and join the PW Discord
    https://discord.com/channels/423247963457060866/474807940897964043

Mark_01 likes this.
  22. Mortalbombat

Mortalbombat

Hi,
    I have Unity 2020.1b, HDRP 8.0.1
    When I import Gaia 2 and press button "Upgrade Gaia with HDRP" and "Install shaders"
    these errors showed up. Any idea what I did wrong?

23. S4G4N

S4G4N

24. marcell123455

marcell123455

25. S4G4N

S4G4N

marcell123455 likes this.
  26. marcell123455

marcell123455

27. BryanPW

BryanPW

You can do so if it's an already existing Unity terrain. You simply would need to go to the Gaia Manager- Advanced- Gaia Tools- Click on the stamper.

The same goes for Biomes or creating a custom biome or anything that you need / want to add to the scene from Gaia.

28. BryanPW

BryanPW

I am looking into this issue!

29. BryanPW

BryanPW

Ah, that could work yes.

30. nichjaim

nichjaim

Sorry not sure if these have already been asked but, is there a demo for gaia? also, can gaia make the terrain in separate chunks for the purpose of disabling when the players are not near them?

31. BryanPW

BryanPW

There are no demo scenes no.

Yes, this is possible with Sectr.

32. Mortalbombat

Mortalbombat

Hi, anything new about this issue? I tried this again on Unity 2020.2.0f1 and HDRP 8.0.1
    Still the same errors. I would like to try some stuff with HD but I can find anything that works in HD

33. sroq

sroq

Hi, I bought Gaia 2 Pro and I tried to install to empty project but it failed. There is not Gaia menu (Window/Procedural world etc). The Unity version is 2020.2.0f1 and Gaia version is 2.2.1. Platform: Win10. In case of install to Unity URP template I got many (more than 80) error messages. In case of clean project (not URP or HDRP or any other template) I got these messages:

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Unity\Terrain Tools\Noise\API\NoiseTemplateImporter.cs(12,42): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ScriptedImporter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Unity\Terrain Tools\Noise\API\NoiseTemplateImporter.cs(18,44): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AssetImportContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Shader warning in 'Hidden/TerrainTools/NoiseFill/NoiseFillFbm': loop only executes for 1 iteration(s), forcing loop to unroll at Tools/NoiseLib/Fbm/Billow.hlsl(212) (on d3d11)

Compiling Fragment program
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR
    Disabled keywords: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING SHADER_API_GLES30

Shader warning in 'Hidden/TerrainTools/NoiseFill/NoiseFillFbm': loop only executes for 1 iteration(s), forcing loop to unroll at Tools/NoiseLib/Fbm/Perlin.hlsl(212) (on d3d11)

Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR
    Disabled keywords: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING SHADER_API_GLES30

Shader warning in 'Hidden/TerrainTools/NoiseFill/NoiseFillFbm': loop only executes for 1 iteration(s), forcing loop to unroll at Tools/NoiseLib/Fbm/Ridge.hlsl(212) (on d3d11)

Shader warning in 'Hidden/TerrainTools/NoiseFill/NoiseFillFbm': loop only executes for 1 iteration(s), forcing loop to unroll at Tools/NoiseLib/Fbm/Value.hlsl(212) (on d3d11)

Shader warning in 'Hidden/TerrainTools/NoiseFill/NoiseFillFbm': loop only executes for 1 iteration(s), forcing loop to unroll at Tools/NoiseLib/Fbm/Voronoi.hlsl(212) (on d3d11)

Is there any advice, what should I do? Thanks in advance.

34. BryanPW

BryanPW

We are planning an update for Gaia Pro.

We should be able to make this compatible with the latest release 2020.2 in the next patch / update.

35. BryanPW

BryanPW

We are going to be pushing an update for Gaia for the new Unity version 2020.2

Zimnel likes this.
  36. WinterT

WinterT

Does Gaia/Gaia 2/Gaia Pro have built in shaders for the terrain to match the Synty assets shown in your demo video? I've played around with it a bit and it just comes off as two different colors, saturations, and styles. The assets don't quite belong on the terrain in my eyes. I am presuming this is just the way it is without personally crafting the terrain as I don't think Synty Assets are procedurally made, but I thought I would ask just to be certain.

Mathius123 likes this.
  37. BryanPW

BryanPW

If you are referring to the Low Poly this is coming out in the next update!
    Adam has made a few posts showing this off and it's amazing! We do use / have a synty biome that can also be applied in Gaia 2 and Gaia Pro! Please note that Gaia Pro will have the ability to convert your terrain to Low Poly, not Gaia 2!

Duffer123 likes this.
  38. WinterT

WinterT

Thank you for the reply. I did see some Facebook posts about that and it looks pretty interesting. Even with the images I see they still seem off to me. Gaia can take the assets no problem, and the images look good in their own right, but to say it can replicate the style of terrain used in the Synty images below would not be completely accurate. Game objects and little details aside could Gaia match the look/feel of the images below? Or was that more than likely done by hand? That's what I am trying to figure out.

Gaia:

Synty:

Mathius123 likes this.
  39. BryanPW

BryanPW

The Polygon style that you are referring to was done by hand.
    GeNa Pro can do rivers using splines. You can convert your terrain to low poly and adjust accordingly. It will adapt the color scheme, but other than that you can replace the asset in Gaia Pro with any asset you would like ie this Polygon Nature Pack. We just get you closer to that style.

Mathius123 likes this.
  40. BryanPW

BryanPW

The mountains and terrains that you are seeing are prefabs placed together. What we are able to achieve is actually turning your entire procedural generated terrain into low poly. Then you would have the ability to decorate the terrain any way you would like.

Mathius123 likes this.
  41. WinterT

WinterT

I was pretty sure that was the case but wanted to double check. And don't get me wrong I'm not trying to down Gaia in any kind of way, its an amazing application that will still get me (and anyone really) most of the way to where they need to be terrain/environment wise. I just can't be lazy when it comes down to the details is all :)
    I appreciate your time in answering my questions.

Mathius123 likes this.
  42. BryanPW

BryanPW

No problem, glad I can help!

43. PWPeter

PWPeter

Hi all, we released a new version of Gaia Pro and Gaia 2 (Version 2.2.2) earlier today. We just noticed that the Gaia 2 package contains an error that will produce compilation errors on install. We will update the asset store with a fixed version 2.2.2.1 shortly.

In the meantime if you run into compilation errors after installing Gaia 2 Version 2.2.2, please delete the folder Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Gaia Pro and then remove the scripting define "GAIA_PRO_PRESENT" under Edit > Project Settings > Player. This should fix the issue.

Goodgulf and Zimnel like this.
  44. SawyerK

SawyerK

Hi all, im using Gaia texture spawner and trying to add a new texture to the terrain that i can paint with, but it only paints this grey shade on to the terrain, it doesn't matter what texture i add, it's the same grey shade.
    Why is that and how to solve this issue?
    Thank You!

45. BryanPW

BryanPW

I would start by checking the texture resolution of that texture. Also, it says Microsplat are you using that terrain shader?

46. koirat

koirat

So 20 days has passed how is it going, today I have checked and still nothing GAIA is not working on 2020.2.

47. BryanPW

BryanPW

Can you please tell me what is not working?
    Everything should be working properly.

48. koirat

koirat

I already told you many days ago, you promised to investigate it.

Assets\Gaia\Scripts\Utils\GaiaPipelineUtils.cs(17,42): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'HDPipeline' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Unity3d 2020.2.1f1 High Definition RP 10.2.2

How I install it.
    I go to the package manager select Gaia 2 - Terrain & Scene Generator version 2.2.3
    Click import and I got it in my project. (am I missing some steps)

And then I got errors, not only this one also the ones related to 3rd party directory.

I'm using HDRP pipeline.

49. BryanPW

BryanPW

This should have been fixed. I will do an install test really quickly and see what is going on.

50. BryanPW

BryanPW

I just tested in HDRP and Gaia Pro 2.2.3 and I am getting no errors and so far everything is working fine:
    Have you went to the Gaia Pro manager and go to the Setup- Render Settings and changed to HDRP and install the shaders?

If you have other assets you may also need to go to Edit- render settings- upgrade materials to HDRP as well.

The only thing that does not work in HDRP is the grass, but that is because Unity does not support this.

upload_2021-1-14_23-46-37.png