Search Unity

GAC-Great Animation Combos System for Unity 2D/3D (GAC ACCESS IS HERE)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by crafTDev, Jul 30, 2013.

1. crafTDev

crafTDev

Oh, ok. I just might work out of the box with GAC then, until I get any specific requests about features needed.

Thanks,
    jrDev

recon0303 likes this.
  2. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Also want to leave update for those in Beta that Beta18 is up for download. Go check out the new stuff like the redone Hit detection, Combo restrictions to hits, and Floating Menus! There are bugs in the floating menu setup but fixes are coming in Beta19. The outlook is that I have at least 2 more Betas to go before full feature set is complete. So about 2 weeks out I think.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Hamesh81 likes this.
  3. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

4. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey @ikemen_blueD

I have added you to GAC Access! Check the OP for the demo! As a warning, the demo only works for version 1.9 and not the beta.

Thanks,
    jrDev

ikemen_blueD likes this.
  5. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I just remembered that Dropbox links are not working anymore and realized because Dropbox has changed how they do links. So a lot of links are broken right now, including all demos. I apologize for this and will try to get this stuff up and working when I can.

Thanks,
    jrDev

6. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

Hi @jrDev, thanks I can access the beta version now. Sorry, what is OP? Where can I find it?

7. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

Go to the front page of this thread, the Official Post, and scroll down.

Edit: BTW, I just sent back an email so ignore haha.

Thanks,
    jrDev

8. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

9. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

Good! As I said, the beta will not work with the demo package out of the box, what you can do though is follow the Welcome Window in the beta that pops up after you import (or go to Windows>GAC>WIW to upgrade version 1.9 to the 2.0 beta. But keep in mind some stuff will break right now until version 2.0 upgrade steps are complete.

Thanks,
    jrDev

10. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

@jrDev hi there, I just notice that GAC.Update generates average 12.0KB every frame, can you do something about it? It cause Garbage Collector to kick in quite often because of this. Inside GAC, I see you use lots of strings, can you buffer & use hash-string instead. I can modify it, but it will cause my headache for every new update from GAC. Many thanks.

11. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

A lot of code is currently in to make sure the feature works, so no optimizations have been done to the Beta yet. This week I will have Beta 19 out and Beta 20, the final Beta, a day or two after. Then optimizations will go out in the Release Candidate version(s) before launch. Launch is officially planned for June now!

Thanks,
    jrDev

TeagansDad and ikemen_blueD like this.
  12. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Check out the new Freeform Targetting gif below:

This brings a similar type of combat to the Batman Arkham games Free-flow combat mechanic. With the use of the other GAC features, some pretty advanced mechanics like how deep and context based the Arkham combat is. This is coming in Beta19 launching later today!

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    TeagansDad likes this.
  13. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give a heads up that Beta19 is available! This includes the new Settings Menu. All major features are now included for the 2.0 release. What's left now is code cleanup, documentation (for in-editor) and final testing and fixes. So release is close! Look for more on the final Beta20 later this week!

EDIT: Just noticed that the above GIF does not loop. I wonder why that is...

Thanks,
    jrDev

Hamesh81 and ikemen_blueD like this.
  14. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I just wanted to apologize about no updates in 2 weeks. Had a family situation that I needed to take time off for, so everything went on hiatus. Today I am back and will be finishing up the update this week. Sorry I wasn't able to release as planned. More updates coming this week.

Thanks,
    jrDev

15. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that a sale has just started for GAC. The price will increase for version 2.0 to $60 so I decided to do a prelaunch sale to ease new customers in.

PRICE IS $40 FOR THE VERSION 2.0 PRELAUNCH SALE!!

So go grab before sale is over! The final Beta is going up tonight then next is the Release Candidate for next week. Also look forward to the new GAC Tutorial series coming with the launch of the Release Candidate. Then official launch soon after, not too long to go now!

Thanks,
    jrDev

16. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Final Beta is up! And remember:

PRICE IS $40 FOR THE VERSION 2.0 PRELAUNCH SALE!!

Thanks,
    jrDev

ikemen_blueD and Hamesh81 like this.
  17. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

@jrDev I have not checked the latest version, will do this weekend. Any optimizations have been done yet? I know this is mainly designed for Player Combo part. Any chance that I can design a combo list for AI, and use a condition to trigger which a combo chain I want an AI to perform.

18. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

I am working on optimizations right now for the release candidate version(s) before official launch. You can call PlayTheAnimation at the right point but full AI will absolutely need some coding work. There is no calling of a combo chain specifically but that's a good feature addition, wish you had mentioned it earlier to include in the v2.0 launch. Will look into this for next version launch though.

ALSO, PRELAUNCH SALE IS STILL ON!

Thanks,
    jrDev

ikemen_blueD likes this.
  19. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

The Release Candidate for GAC is now up on the GACAccess page here! Click Me
    This version includes all the final features for GAC with a lot of optimizations.

Here is the update log:
    -Added more comments to necessary codes to make it more clear to understand
    -Added more upgrade fixes
    -Changed all activator index selections to be enums for cleaner code
    -Changed how regular, sync, sequence and charged activators are triggered by rewriting the system. They now have a priority system that makes triggering each easier
    -Changed the input log to now provide more information on the starter animation used for that input
    -Fixed all floating GUI restrictions; preventing all GAC Menu buttons from responding to clicks if the floating menu covers it
    -Fixed and reduced memory allocation issues with Strings and concatenation using custom StringFast class
    -Fixed and reduced memory allocation issues with ToList() calls using custom reusable classes
    -Fixed and reduced memory allocation issues will Enumerator calls including Where, Select, All and Any using custom reusable classes

ALSO, PRELAUNCH SALE IS STILL ON SO GET ASAP! NEW GAC VERSION LAUNCHES AT $60!

Just a few more days before I can get tutorials and demo done and officially launch on the Asset Store and Sellfy!

Thanks,
    jrDev

ikemen_blueD and recon0303 like this.
  20. recon0303

recon0303

I just picked this up a few weeks back just in time, looking forward to the update.

crafTDev likes this.
  21. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

wow, that is such a beast update, so glad I purchased GAC ;) any AI support yet?

Alexarah and crafTDev like this.
  22. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

You can get the latest released version on the GAC Access which is basically the full version that’s going to be released on Asset Store. Thanks for the purchase!

Thanks,
    jrDev

Alexarah likes this.
  23. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

Sorry no type of AI, not a high priority on Roadmap yet.

Thanks,
    jrDev

24. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I have to apologize but GAC’s official 2.0 release has been delayed. I have to finish the demo assets and new community board before I can launch, but I haven’t had the extra spare time to focus because of a new job I have. I haven’t abandoned the project and I am planning a week to take vacation so I can finish everything I need for official release. GAC 2.0 release candidate is on GAC Access right now though which is basically the official version I will be releasing to the Asset Store, so if you want to get this version just email me if you want access.

I will update later on my plans. As always, contact me by email or post here if you have any questions. Also I will leave the sale up for at least through Black Friday/Cyber Monday week.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Alexarah, ikemen_blueD and recon0303 like this.
  25. Darkhitori

Darkhitori

Just wondering if the Doc will be updated to explain all the new features?

26. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey @Darkhitori

GAC 2.0 has built in editor help so there will not be traditional documentation. There will be a written Quickstart guide but moving forward there will only be video tutorials to explain each feature. Any other questions, keep me posted.

Thanks,
    jrDev

27. crafTDev

crafTDev

CRAZY CYBER WEEK SALE IS ON!

Thanks,
    jrDev

28. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Go grab this CRAZY sale if you haven’t yet!

Thanks,
    jrDev

29. recon0303

recon0303

I hate to complain but I bought this about 2 months or so ago as I was worried the sale would end, as it sounded like soon, it would end, now we have a bigger sale so I paid more for it..... Suppose its fine, to support you but.....I haven't used it as I been waiting for 2.0 updates as it fits my needs. so just wondering, we been hearing about this update for some time.. Just wondering any idea? about? so any info, would be awesome..

anyways looking forward to it.

Also how stable is 2.0?? I really don't want to put it in, if its a bit buggy , main reason i have not asked to test. as I'm close to release, but do not want a buggy tool to cause more issues.. So I do not want to rush you either....so if its a ways off...That's fine.. It just seem so close which is why I bought it and didn't want to miss the sale..

Thank you.. and yes I hope this isn't abandoned either....I just bought it and yet to use ..

30. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey @recon0303,

The Release Candidate version of 2.0 (most bugs are fixed because this is like the final version with some tweaks coming) is already up on GAC Access page to use for a while now. I haven't released it on the Asset Store yet because I am working on an in depth tutorial with new 3D and 2D assets for demo before I want to officially launch. It is not buggy (or shouldn't be, I haven't received reports of such). And no I haven't abandoned; I just have a giant workload at the moment personally (new job). If you have questions on how to proceed I will gladly help. You can also contact me on Skype.

EDIT: I think I mentioned this to you before and realized I did after looking back through the thread. I would just download from GAC Access page. As always just have a backup of your project before using any new asset so if anything happens you can revert back.

Thanks,
    jrDev

31. recon0303

recon0303

guess I'm confused why this would stop you? most your users will have the beta...or be waiting to make sure all the bugs are worked out. and we won't have tutorials anyways....

... anyways I will send for it. Thanks.

32. carkoslam

carkoslam

Hi jrDev,

After a quick look of GAC, it is perfect for 3D action game.
    However, I found that the hit detection part is quite hard for me to use in a traditional Beat'em up style game.
    I am wondering if GAC supports traditional hit box detection which can be adjusted position and direction easily?
    Another thing is... right now I am using an orthogonal camera to simulate a "2D" style in "3D" space.
    Can you also support the face left/right (-1/1 in x local scale) even with the 3D character controller?
    Thanks.

33. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

I want to launch the product with a proper demo to showcase the project. It is in my best interest for prospective customers to see what GAC is all about. Plus the new demo will have instructions on how it was created so it can be replicated.

Thanks,
    jrDev

recon0303 likes this.
  34. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Are you talking about the hit box detection that is modified during animation? GAC only supports a basic static hitbox but version 2.1 is planned to have a traditional hit box. I will look into having the face left/right for 3D character controller. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks,
    jrDev

35. recon0303

recon0303

understandable. sent my email. haven't heard back. /cheers
    Sent another email just now.
    what is your Skype name? Thanks

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  36. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

I received no email from you today. What email are you using?

Thanks,
    jrDev

37. recon0303

recon0303

I used the one on your site..can u PM me one please?

edit: it rejected my other email...

ericturgott@jrdevarts.com that is the email I see.. on your site.

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<ericturgott@jrdevarts.com>:
    <ericturgott@jrdevarts.com>: Recipient address rejected: USER IS SUSPENDED

didn't get this the other day, but today got it twice.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  38. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hmm, this is incorrect because it doesn't work anymore, I thought that was updated a long time ago. The correct email is in the Official Post of this thread.

EDIT: It wasn't updated, that was a huge oversight, sorry. Anyways, I fixed it in the webpage.

Thanks,
    jrDev

39. recon0303

recon0303

ya no idea, thats the only one I knew about I will email the other one. now Thanks.

40. recon0303

recon0303

suggestion I missed it..

eturgott.jrdevarts@gmail dot com

add blue writing easier to spot. Thanks again.

crafTDev likes this.
  41. carkoslam

carkoslam

Yes, I meant hit box with animation. Setting up hit box in the unity animation window is easy. I guess you just have to provide a script to link back in GAC system is ok enough.
    For the face left/right issue, I know you provided a quick-start way but I still suggest you let the users define the "front" direction. It is because you never know what genre of game they are making.
    For an example like me, I am using the positive X axis as the "front" and I used +/- local scale instead of actually turning the player by 180 degree even in 3D space. ;)

crafTDev likes this.
  42. witcher101

witcher101

Does this asset integrate with invectors 3rdperson controller??

43. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

There is no integration with Invector at the moment. Otii’s Motion Controller is planned for next release. I will add Invector to the Roadmap though, thanks.

jrDev

44. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I didn’t get chance to announce an Thank You promo which is ending today actually.

The BAGA, Buy A GAC Asset, get another one of my assets for free promotion is going on and anyone that made purchase between Nov 1-Dec 31 are eligible. And the best part is that this is retroactive! To claim free asset, and email needs to be sent by Sunday Jan 7,2018!

Thanks and looking forward to happy 2018 with everyone!
    jrDev

45. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

It looks like website is down. Will try to get back up as soon as I can.

Thanks,
    jrDev

46. Prefab

Prefab

Hello, I'm interested in creating a grapple game that scores points based on combos. This asset looks very useful for a lot of the combo functionailty but I'm wondering if it would work for grapples instead of strikes?

The main difference is that with a grapple instead of hitting you first try to grab, and if within a certain range and the opponent doesn't break the grab in time the actual grapple animation then begins. By pressing the right keys this grapple then gets chained into a combo, with the opponent only able to break/escape the grapple at certain points.

Anyway if this is possible with GAC I will buy it, but I wanted to check first.

47. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Hi @jrDev , is it possible to setup combos for the same button presses but at runtime choose which is currently enabled and disabled? I am planning to have several combos available for each attack input and the player will be able to choose which combo they want to assign, so very much like a fighting style builder. It is similar in concept to Absolver's Combat Deck, or even the old Kreate a Fatality from MK.

Is it possible to set this up with GAC 2.0?

48. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

I appreciate the interest. Sorry for the late reply I haven’t been receiving updates on posts.

So combos do not start until the opponent is grappled? First off there is no grappling mechanic in GAC, it just plays back an animation so you would have to work in that grapple mechanic. With context variables though, for eg. “grappling is true”, you can enable combo animations to be played.

Let me know if you have anymore questions or shoot me an email.

Thanks,
    jrDev

49. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Enabling/disabling combos not possible yet. Will add it to roadmap though.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Hamesh81 likes this.
  50. Prefab

Prefab

In my head I thought it could work this way:

Scenario 1
    Player A attacks with a grapple on Player B. Player A is within the correct range and so their grapple "hits" Player B. Player A's grapple animation auto plays (not sure how this part would work exactly) after hitting, Player B's hit animation plays, which is them getting grappled. Player A presses the input for next part of grapple combo, if Player B has pressed the escape input within a certain time, a context is set and Player A doe snot continue the next part of the grapple combo, otherwise Player A does continue.

Scenario 2
    Player A attacks with a grapple on Player B. Player A is within the correct range but Player B presses the escape input within a certain time setting a context. Player A's grapple animation does not play, Player B has escaped the grapple.

I suppose the biggest unknowns for me are (1) setting up a context to determine if a grapple has been successful or escaped, and (2) triggering an animation based on context alone and not input, or possibly ending an animation early based on the context set (animation events perhaps?).